St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
St John of God Health Care Employee Review

Too much is expected of senior RNs

10 July 2019
Missing breaks to get everything done is not unusual. Night duty is terrible with 10 patients each plus Coordinator duties if you are senior. I literally never get a break at night. Going off late is also not unusual. Some senior colleagues need sensitivity classes as they really are so critical even in extenuating circumstances.
Pros
Colleagues who continually amaze me with their level of skill
Cons
More and more paperwork and administrative duties on top of heavy patient loads every single shift
7 September 2020
Same role
Registered Nurse (Casual) (Current Employee) - Berwick VIC
I like working here Gives me the opportunity as well as the flexibility to balance my personal n professional space. There is a welcoming culture that is very helpful initially to settle in.
Pros
the endoscopy department is a great place to start with the specialisation
Cons
Endoscopy here is to simple n less challenging, may need some interventional novelty
23 June 2020
Same role
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) - North Richmond NSW
The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.
13 August 2020
Same location
CSSD Sterilisation Operator (Former Employee) - Murdoch WA
can only comment on the Department I worked in, Im sure other departments Managers were not narcissistic, although after a formal complaint to the Managers Manager nothing has changed
Pros
close to home
Cons
usually understaffed, busy & exhausting
  1. Too much is expected of senior RNs