St John of God Health Care logo
St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews

4.0Work–Life Balance

Nice place to work

I like working here Gives me the opportunity as well as the flexibility to balance my personal n professional space. There is a welcoming culture that is very helpful initially to settle in.

Pros

the endoscopy department is a great place to start with the specialisation

Cons

Endoscopy here is to simple n less challenging, may need some interventional novelty

I love working here the ladies that I help look after are amazing and the staff are AAC great bunch of girls they are always there to help each other out. There is two sets of management and I get in really well with both teams. They are very fair and understanding

Pros

Free lunches

Cons

I don’t have a con

Awesome workplace

Had my interview but wasn’t contacted for 2-3 weeks!! After the offer was a further 2-3 weeks until start date. The department I was in was great. Awesome people to work with however management was in it for their own gain and didn’t care about the employees. There was an attempt to drive the culture to the ground but didn’t end up working!!

Pros

Great pay, great colleagues

Cons

Casual hours and direct manager

New NUM of Maria Lock Ward favours long term staff over new

The new NUM of this ward favoured long term staff over newer staff & gave away all the shifts to his friends. The NUM who hired me initially was amazing & very fair in shift allocations! Unfortunately she moved on & the replacement NUM was actually seen first hand playing favourites & then lied when no shifts were left for other staff that were hired specifically for ML Ward!The other team members were nice & if it wasnt for lack of shifts?I would have stayed! To go from 2-3 shifts per week, to none for 5+ weeks! Was unfair ...Its sad as I initially worked there as Agency Staff & converted to SJOG staff & have worked there on & off for a few years!But with this new num? He favoured his mates first & shifts ceased.He even hired more staff , however couldn't even give all the team shifts??!DONT WORK HERE

Pros

Some Staff are fair & nice

Cons

The new male NUM of ML ward is rude & favours his mates

Fun and kind

Great place to work. A hard working team but also very fun and extremely welcoming. Even during tough times, everyone stayed grounded and worked together as a team to ensure care and safety for residents but for the team too. Management was great and provided flexibility around my education.

Bad Manager

can only comment on the Department I worked in, Im sure other departments Managers were not narcissistic, although after a formal complaint to the Managers Manager nothing has changed

Pros

close to home

Cons

usually understaffed, busy & exhausting

Work and family balance

It is a good environment to work. Colleagues and management are friendly and understanding. I like to work here. Firstly I started working as a Volunteer Caregiver, and then got a paid job.

Bad experience

The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.

Great organisation

I love working at st john of god it was a great environment with great people. I would go back in a heartbeat if they could offer full time. Great benefits and great salary.

Friendly Staff

I've worked here for over 10 years. It's a nice place to work and very modern and clean. I have been provided with good training and the opportunity to advance my career.

Jobs at St John of God Health Care

See more jobs

Collaboration

We all help each other as caters to look after our clients, management is great reliable and the enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of the day you making a difference in your clients life

Flexible working conditions.

Good place to work in, very flexible with shifts and family orientated. Good teaching hospital. Shifts varied on a day to day basis. I worked in the peri operative area, it was always busy, got to know the staff, but not much of the management, although they took care of the staff. Good culture working together with diverse cultures. The hardest part was there is not enough staff due to the amount of cases on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part was forming friendships where everyone is treated equally as part of a team, there was no segregation between the medical teams, all worked together for one goal, that was patient recovery and wellness.

Smiles on clients faces everyday

Such a great place to work, always surrounded by positive co-workers. Clients are great and make coming into work that much easier. Can't say much more

Wonderful company to work for

Wonderful, helpful place to work . Supportive and family oriented team. I would recommend this company to work for. Even through my injury, I had 100% support.

Collaborative and highly skilled workplace

Until the takeover of the business, it was a good supportive and busy organisation to work for. Efficiently run with local support at all times. Unfortunately since the sale- it has declined enormously.

I loved working at SJOG

I would love to go back, I loved the work I did, but we were very under staffed. I love working shift work and enjoyed the benefits i received at SJOG.

nice freindly place to work

worked at SJOG for many years found it a good place to work with good benefits to help with the salary, and made many work mates. the staff where always accommodating with what may be affecting you as a person.

Good culture and environment

I have been working there for over 8 and half years. I enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, St John of God closed down my department so I got retrenched.

Pros

good paid, good environment, car provided, salary packaging

Cons

closing down recently.

constant changing for the better.

Busy day, meeting people all the time. On line learing and education. CEO is very friendly and knows everyone on a first name basis. All cultures are emlpoyed. Enjoy meeting new people daily, staff are very freindly there are a lot of long time members of staff, you can grow within the hospital and become a high achiever.

Pros

Discounted lunch in the canteen, green rider, you get paid to catch public transport, Salary sacrifice

Cons

paid parking

Ok

A small country town mentality, not willing to update to newer work methods. Staff overall not bad but can be unaccepting to new staff. Needs updating.

Productive and awesome team

I enjoyed working in St John of God. Rostering was fair and the team work i had with the team i worked with was just amazing! We helped each other whenever we can. Pay was good for a casual work.
  • St John of God Health Care