St John of God Health Care

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews

Australia96 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Beautiful and friendly work type

I appreciate working with St John of God Murdoch hospital.. everyone is working hard and our work is really fun and enjoyable.. Work is not easy but we keep looking after each other. Thanks to Ben our CEO. He always get us feeling as a family. We all equal. I like my duty manager and I be always support and help.

Incredibly uncaring

Top heavy management! No encouragement to improve or further career. Scary patient nurse/patient ratios and lack of quality qualified staff on. Too many shifts infilled, unable to retain staff.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

No patient ratios

Good team culture

Great team culture and team work. Always looking out for each other. Management was good and fair. Management was up to date with courses which were relevant to your position and made sure you attended. Very friendly team.

Pros

Free dinner if on night shift.

Cons

Cant think of any.

Work culture is dismal

Micro management in most areas, no room for advancement within organisationPay rates definitely not comparable to Government Hospitals Mission & Values are not put into practice.

Pros

Salary sacrifice

Cons

Micro management

Great first experience until you start to know your coworkers.

Worked as a CSSD technician; if you start here first then you can work anywhere! The first 3 months goes fast and everyone seems helpful at first, but the longer you stay the more you realise how discriminatory and manipulative the management is. Your coworkers dont actually want to help you + are obvious they are only there for the salary and not enjoying what they do.Gossip is prevalent.You are always guilted when you take leave by your coworkers and manager.If you want to work in the CSSD department, I wish you the best of luck -- you will need it.

Pros

Free food in teabreak area, fast-paced work environment

Cons

No collaboration, emotional and mental stress

Staff treated poorly

Poor workplace cultureBullying the normHeavy workload Some staff treated a lot better with their rosters , leave and patient allocation to a lighter load No orderlies to assist or asistants

Pros

Salary packaging

Cons

Long hours, unhelpful and unfriendly managent. Poor workplace culture with bullying of some staff the norm

Excellent workplace with regular appraisals

My 2nd family. Great staff members. Good catering and hygiene standards. The CEO is the best he always gets involved with the staff and is never afraid to get his hands dirty. Staff at Murdoch are always smiling. Never once have I ever not wanted to get up and not go to work.

Pros

Free uniform

Cons

Parking

Stressful and little support

After working in the same position for over a decade, l had no opportunity of advancement or additional training. The job was very demanding with very little support from my managerial team. Generally all staff are very welcoming and happy to talk.

Pros

Salary sacrifice and special celebratory lunches

Cons

Poor support for workers

New NUM of Maria Lock Ward favours long term staff over new

The new NUM of this ward favoured long term staff over newer staff & gave away all the shifts to his friends. The NUM who hired me initially was amazing & very fair in shift allocations! Unfortunately she moved on & the replacement NUM was actually seen first hand playing favourites & then lied when no shifts were left for other staff that were hired specifically for ML Ward!The other team members were nice & if it wasnt for lack of shifts?I would have stayed! To go from 2-3 shifts per week, to none for 5+ weeks! Was unfair ...Its sad as I initially worked there as Agency Staff & converted to SJOG staff & have worked there on & off for a few years!But with this new num? He favoured his mates first & shifts ceased.He even hired more staff , however couldn't even give all the team shifts??!DONT WORK HERE

Pros

Some Staff are fair & nice

Cons

The new male NUM of ML ward is rude & favours his mates

Nice place to work

I like working here Gives me the opportunity as well as the flexibility to balance my personal n professional space. There is a welcoming culture that is very helpful initially to settle in.

Pros

the endoscopy department is a great place to start with the specialisation

Cons

Endoscopy here is to simple n less challenging, may need some interventional novelty

Bad Manager

can only comment on the Department I worked in, Im sure other departments Managers were not narcissistic, although after a formal complaint to the Managers Manager nothing has changed

Pros

close to home

Cons

usually understaffed, busy & exhausting

Work and family balance

It is a good environment to work. Colleagues and management are friendly and understanding. I like to work here. Firstly I started working as a Volunteer Caregiver, and then got a paid job.

Bad experience

The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.

Great organisation

I love working at st john of god it was a great environment with great people. I would go back in a heartbeat if they could offer full time. Great benefits and great salary.

Friendly Staff

I've worked here for over 10 years. It's a nice place to work and very modern and clean. I have been provided with good training and the opportunity to advance my career.

Collaboration

We all help each other as caters to look after our clients, management is great reliable and the enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of the day you making a difference in your clients life

Flexible working conditions.

Good place to work in, very flexible with shifts and family orientated. Good teaching hospital. Shifts varied on a day to day basis. I worked in the peri operative area, it was always busy, got to know the staff, but not much of the management, although they took care of the staff. Good culture working together with diverse cultures. The hardest part was there is not enough staff due to the amount of cases on a daily basis. Most enjoyable part was forming friendships where everyone is treated equally as part of a team, there was no segregation between the medical teams, all worked together for one goal, that was patient recovery and wellness.

Smiles on clients faces everyday

Such a great place to work, always surrounded by positive co-workers. Clients are great and make coming into work that much easier. Can't say much more

Wonderful company to work for

Wonderful, helpful place to work . Supportive and family oriented team. I would recommend this company to work for. Even through my injury, I had 100% support.

Collaborative and highly skilled workplace

Until the takeover of the business, it was a good supportive and busy organisation to work for. Efficiently run with local support at all times. Unfortunately since the sale- it has declined enormously.

I loved working at SJOG

I would love to go back, I loved the work I did, but we were very under staffed. I love working shift work and enjoyed the benefits i received at SJOG.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St John of God Health Care