St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews in Murdoch WA

Murdoch WA10 reviews
Flexible working conditions.
Good place to work in, very flexible with shifts and family orientated.
Good teaching hospital. Shifts varied on a day to day basis.

I worked in the peri operative area, it was always busy, got to know the staff, but not much of the management, although they took care of the staff. Good culture working together with diverse cultures.

The hardest part was there is not enough staff due to the amount of cases on a daily basis.

Most enjoyable part was forming friendships where everyone is treated equally as part of a team, there was no segregation between the medical teams, all worked together for one goal, that was patient recovery and wellness.
constant changing for the better.
Busy day, meeting people all the time.
On line learing and education.

CEO is very friendly and knows everyone on a first name basis.

All cultures are emlpoyed.

Enjoy meeting new people daily, staff are very freindly there are a lot of long time members of staff, you can grow within the hospital and become a high achiever.
Pros
Discounted lunch in the canteen, green rider, you get paid to catch public transport, Salary sacrifice
Cons
paid parking
Too much is expected of senior RNs
Missing breaks to get everything done is not unusual. Night duty is terrible with 10 patients each plus Coordinator duties if you are senior. I literally never get a break at night. Going off late is also not unusual. Some senior colleagues need sensitivity classes as they really are so critical even in extenuating circumstances.
Pros
Colleagues who continually amaze me with their level of skill
Cons
More and more paperwork and administrative duties on top of heavy patient loads every single shift
Productive and rewarding position
Productive workplace with the nicest people. Very rewarding and great working conditions either with the staff as the patients.. Learning everyday new procedures it really is a hands on job as well most of the time working on the computer checking patients in for day procedures also looking up in patients in hospital as well as specialist directory information.
Pros
meeting beautiful people
Cons
seeing the not so well people
Great place to work, if you have a permanent position. Work hours are adequate. I'm always learning something new here.
Management is handled well, and I feel like they try to compensate to your needs regarding rostering.
welcoming staff
This position was work experience through my high school. I went every Thursday for roughly 4 Months.
The environment and staff were very friendly and I enjoy my time here.
very positive work environment
I felt valued and appreciated from my very first day. I would return to St John of God, Murdoch, in a heartbeat! Despite the maternity unit being extremely busy most of the time, no-one was too busy to stop and assist colleagues in need.
Nurse Helper
Working at Murdoch Hospital was an enjoyable job, because every week was different. I learned soo much by working their just the one day a week
Pros
Free Coffee
Stale management spoiled this otherwise good position
The work was good and rewarding, kitchen brigade skilled and hard working in general. Good rotational menus. Unfortunately the management were quite biased in their dealings with favouritism being obvious.
I enjoyed SJOGH because of the variety of work and challenges it presented.

I feel I learned a lot there.
Pros
A worthwhile type of work, feeding people who are in recovery often, and need nourishment.
I do love working at SJOG
A regular routine every day, sometimes demanding of your time, which you need to juggle and keep your own work routine. A great challenge for my enjoyment at work.
Management are approachable and willing to listen

Work as a team with the nurses is advantageous, they in return are very grateful. The nurses are friendly and kind and very professional.

I don't find the job hard, I prefer the harder, busy times for the challenge.

Most enjoyable part of my job is the patient contact, serving them tea/ coffee and chatting to them, and assisting them to be comfortable, understanding the priority of their Wellbeing.
Pros
Free parking, Great Security
Cons
Not enough hours, no full-time hours - mostly part time or casual, communication and knowledge needs improving. Most of what happens is from word of mouth
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.