St John of God Health Care

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews in Perth WA

Perth WA12 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Work and family balance

It is a good environment to work. Colleagues and management are friendly and understanding. I like to work here. Firstly I started working as a Volunteer Caregiver, and then got a paid job.

nice freindly place to work

worked at SJOG for many years found it a good place to work with good benefits to help with the salary, and made many work mates. the staff where always accommodating with what may be affecting you as a person.

Values driven organisation that truly influences daily work

Good people who worked hard to deliver good outcomes for patients and fellow staff members. Collaborative environment with good management and adequate resourcing.

Friendly and professional workplace

Friendly and comfortable workplace. The management team are always visible and strive to make themselves available. Good support to continue education and professional developement.

Pros

Commitment to professional development

Cons

Long hours/ overtime

great workplace and supportive staff

I was new to the busy surgical ward and was trying to pace up with the nursing team. I learned the important skills such as efficacy, accuracy and timely reporting on the ward. But with the help of supportive staff i was comfortable working in the busy ward and got familiar with all the documentations, policies and procedures and protocols in no time. I really loved working at St JOG.

Lack of staff morale

Poor management from executive level Staffing levels could be better Salary packaging Hours negotiable Various positions to move around within organisation

Pros

Salary sacrifice

Cons

Low morale

very good experience

it is very good experience.there is a high profeciancy in the work over there. This work has given me valuable experience in the Australian hospital industry. I have had direct patient contact, have undergone numerous training courses and have been working closely with medical and nursing staff and administrators of the hospital.

Pros

free breakfast

Cons

high park cost for casual

good employer for a while

was unfairly dismissed so someone with no skills could be employed,to suit the their stance on multicultural employment

It's a positive environment to work in loved learning new skills

Working at SJOG Pathology is great because I enjoyed proactively getting involved with doing multiple mini jobs, working with scientists, processing sample having arrived directly from the collection centres, working with phlebotomists through phone calls across Perth and processing samples using sophisticated machines. The most enjoyable aspect of my work is definitely the people I work with. Working with people that you get along with really well and with whom you develop a friendship with is for me one of the best aspects about going to work.

Fantastic working environment with a focus on maintaining a home/work balance

This was a great job which I only resigned as I was relocating to Canada. The employers really focused on maintaining a work/life balance and understood the importance of family. Management were very approachable and one of my favourite aspects of this job were the friendships and excellent working conditions with Sjog. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and families that visited our intensive care unit and the stress associated with being ill. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to strike up friendly rapports with other employees and patients.

Pros

12 hour shifts, shift flexibility

Cons

Nil.

productive and friendly

Going from different levels at hospital disposal of chemical waste they were good good co workers collecting trolleys emptying clinical waste and dirty linen along with doing security most enjoyable lunch time

Pros

buy or bring lunch

Great Learning Experience

My clinical placement in St. John of God Hospital Colorectal Ward taught me various things about nursing as per Australian set-up. At the beginning, I do nursing procedures with the guide of my preceptors. Usually I was assigned 5 patients and I am responsible for all the nursing care they need. I assist them with ADLS, give their medications (along with my preceptor) , drain their drain, change their dressings, do the pre-op checklist and after surgery do the post-operative monitoring.

Pros

Very kind and supportive nursing team

Cons

Limited things to learn

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St John of God Health Care
  • Perth WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?