St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews in Subiaco WA

Subiaco WA15 reviews
Friendly Staff
I've worked here for over 10 years. It's a nice place to work and very modern and clean. I have been provided with good training and the opportunity to advance my career.
I loved working at SJOG
I would love to go back, I loved the work I did, but we were very under staffed. I love working shift work and enjoyed the benefits i received at SJOG.
was once a great place to work for but not any more
Have worked as a registered nurse on a busy ward for 15+years. We regularly have to look after 10 patients on a normal night duty. Once enjoyed it but the money saving tactics are now really affecting a lot of staff. Reduced contract hours and a lot less PCAs and PSAs often one between 2 or 3 wards on a shift. Managers are not supportive as they are all too scared of going over budget.Staff morale is on a downward spiral
St John of God is good environment to be.
I did enjoy working over there
and also work math were nice

work is always busy

work place culture is careering and safe work environment

the most enjoyable part was having a wonderful

manager who understand her employees
Pros
half price lunches
Cons
long and shout
Engage with your Deputy Director and Director
Career progression can be a bit of a myth. The days will be constant and whilst different there's always another challenage that will frustrate.
Overall I liked it but this is a very old institution that isn't moving with the times.
Pros
The people making some great relationships, Flexible working arrangements, Feeling like I'm giving something back and making a difference, Everyone wants to be helpful
Cons
Very old fashioned thinking, resists change, no staff resources doubling your own work, No help support mentoring requests for assistance were ignored
Very professional and friendly enviorment to work in
St John of God hospital is a fantastic company to work for, friendly staff and management we all work well in a team environment, we have a coordinator who directs task to workers e.g A theater has finished operating and are coming off the table then are directed to assist then finish with the cleaning preparing for the next operation. also to collect a patient and wheel them into the operating room. we have multiple start and finish time as we work shift work. The most difficult task of the job is Rolling a patient from prone position on the operating table onto their back on their bed or the opposite from their bed onto the operating table and lifting and getting the positioning correct ready for the surgeon, then strapping the patient to the table.
The part I enjoy the most is talking to the patients getting to know them meeting people from all types of backgrounds and comforting them when they are nervous for their operation.
Pros
tea, coffee machine, juice's provided toast and biscuits, sandwhiches, good working conditions
Cons
not high enough salary to create a future, unstable work hours
i really enjoy there i just left the because of my pregnency..now my kids grow up and i want to start again in health department because in health dep
i really enjoy there i just left the because of my pregnency..now my kids grow up and i want to start again in health department,age care because i like the older people very much ... talk with them ...i like that environment very much...
Productive and Busy day always
A typical day at work is always busy and productive, but one can not take away what i learnt and the experiences gained such as the different tables needed for different surgeries, transfer of patient from the bed to the operating table and from the operating table to the bed after the surgery. Also the equipment used like portable X-Ray machine, II C Arm and monitor, Microscope etc.
The Management of st. John has been good. They treat there staffs well and with respect.

They also follow the work place culture strictly which is Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence.

The hardest part of the job is seeing patient passing away and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people.
No room for improvement
When you begin at St John of God They say you can expand within the hospital but once you are working there you find this is not so and it is very hard to improve yourself within the hospital and its not easy to transfer within the hospital.
Proactive and nice workplace
Nice place and friendly environment, with very flexible working hours.very good security and management. always willing to lend a helping hand. learned a lot from them.
Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence
This hospital has such a feel good vibe about it and the caregivers make it happen. Changes in job structures means my current 30 hours per week are going to be cut to 22.5. I am very lucky to work in a great environment with great caregivers. The hardest would be to leave.
awesome place to work
morning, afternoon and night shifts.
Typically in a shift, observations, medications, change beds, dressings etc. The co-workers are great and love all aspects of working at SJOG
Pros
people and staff
Cons
isn't any
Encouraging and Innovative environment
Great team environment to work in with plenty of interaction from Management, diverse working conditions from Engineering to Hospital Theaters.
All levels of employees or caregivers as they are called in this environment were willing and helpful.

I looked forward to each days challenge.
Pros
Lots of Incentive based goodies.
Cons
Hours worked and time pressures
Great Place to work
Very well mannered staff and safe conscious workplace. It is a one of the private reputable hospital in Perth. A great workplace and well compensated employment.
Great experience
Looking at cultures on on Perti dishes, identifying organisms.
Reporting to doctors.

Management was approachable.

Workmates were easy to get along with.

Being there was enjoyable.
Pros
Great expereince
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.