St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews for Orderly

Orderly4 reviews
Australia4 reviews
I love working at st john of god it was a great environment with great people. I would go back in a heartbeat if they could offer full time.
Great benefits and great salary.
worked at SJOG for many years found it a good place to work with good benefits to help with the salary, and made many work mates. the staff where always accommodating with what may be affecting you as a person.
St John of God hospital is a fantastic company to work for, friendly staff and management we all work well in a team environment, we have a coordinator who directs task to workers e.g A theater has finished operating and are coming off the table then are directed to assist then finish with the cleaning preparing for the next operation. also to collect a patient and wheel them into the operating room. we have multiple start and finish time as we work shift work. The most difficult task of the job is Rolling a patient from prone position on the operating table onto their back on their bed or the opposite from their bed onto the operating table and lifting and getting the positioning correct ready for the surgeon, then strapping the patient to the table.
The part I enjoy the most is talking to the patients getting to know them meeting people from all types of backgrounds and comforting them when they are nervous for their operation.
Pros
tea, coffee machine, juice's provided toast and biscuits, sandwhiches, good working conditions
Cons
not high enough salary to create a future, unstable work hours
A typical day at work is always busy and productive, but one can not take away what i learnt and the experiences gained such as the different tables needed for different surgeries, transfer of patient from the bed to the operating table and from the operating table to the bed after the surgery. Also the equipment used like portable X-Ray machine, II C Arm and monitor, Microscope etc.
The Management of st. John has been good. They treat there staffs well and with respect.

They also follow the work place culture strictly which is Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence.

The hardest part of the job is seeing patient passing away and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at St John of God Health Care?
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
St John of God Health Care Reviews by Location