St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse6 reviews
Australia6 reviews
morning, afternoon and night shifts.
Typically in a shift, observations, medications, change beds, dressings etc. The co-workers are great and love all aspects of working at SJOG
Pros
people and staff
Cons
isn't any
The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.
Missing breaks to get everything done is not unusual. Night duty is terrible with 10 patients each plus Coordinator duties if you are senior. I literally never get a break at night. Going off late is also not unusual. Some senior colleagues need sensitivity classes as they really are so critical even in extenuating circumstances.
Pros
Colleagues who continually amaze me with their level of skill
Cons
More and more paperwork and administrative duties on top of heavy patient loads every single shift
good co-workers
good mentor and team work

flexible shifts

good communication

challenging work environment

work load

teach us time management and organization
Pros
cafeteria, good shifts
Cons
cancellation of shift
This was a great job which I only resigned as I was relocating to Canada. The employers really focused on maintaining a work/life balance and understood the importance of family.

Management were very approachable and one of my favourite aspects of this job were the friendships and excellent working conditions with Sjog. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and families that visited our intensive care unit and the stress associated with being ill. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to strike up friendly rapports with other employees and patients.
Pros
12 hour shifts, shift flexibility
Cons
Nil.
Professional team environment. opportunities always to learn and develope professionally.
Pros
good friends, caring workplace
Cons
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.
St John of God Health Care Reviews by Location