St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Employee Reviews for Registered Nurse

Registered Nurse8 reviews
Australia8 reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Nice place to work

I like working here Gives me the opportunity as well as the flexibility to balance my personal n professional space. There is a welcoming culture that is very helpful initially to settle in.

Pros

the endoscopy department is a great place to start with the specialisation

Cons

Endoscopy here is to simple n less challenging, may need some interventional novelty

Incredibly uncaring

Top heavy management! No encouragement to improve or further career. Scary patient nurse/patient ratios and lack of quality qualified staff on. Too many shifts infilled, unable to retain staff.

Pros

It’s a job

Cons

No patient ratios

Bad experience

The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.

Too much is expected of senior RNs

Missing breaks to get everything done is not unusual. Night duty is terrible with 10 patients each plus Coordinator duties if you are senior. I literally never get a break at night. Going off late is also not unusual. Some senior colleagues need sensitivity classes as they really are so critical even in extenuating circumstances.

Pros

Colleagues who continually amaze me with their level of skill

Cons

More and more paperwork and administrative duties on top of heavy patient loads every single shift

Productive workplace

good co-workers good mentor and team work flexible shifts good communication challenging work environment work load teach us time management and organization

Pros

cafeteria, good shifts

Cons

cancellation of shift

awesome place to work

morning, afternoon and night shifts. Typically in a shift, observations, medications, change beds, dressings etc. The co-workers are great and love all aspects of working at SJOG

Pros

people and staff

Cons

isn't any

Fantastic working environment with a focus on maintaining a home/work balance

This was a great job which I only resigned as I was relocating to Canada. The employers really focused on maintaining a work/life balance and understood the importance of family. Management were very approachable and one of my favourite aspects of this job were the friendships and excellent working conditions with Sjog. The hardest part of the job was dealing with patients and families that visited our intensive care unit and the stress associated with being ill. The most enjoyable part of this job was being able to strike up friendly rapports with other employees and patients.

Pros

12 hour shifts, shift flexibility

Cons

Nil.

great supportive place to work,

Professional team environment. opportunities always to learn and develope professionally.

Pros

good friends, caring workplace

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St John of God Health Care