St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Management reviews

Australia85 reviews
It is a good environment to work. Colleagues and management are friendly and understanding. I like to work here. Firstly I started working as a Volunteer Caregiver, and then got a paid job.
The culture of bullying, nepotism and unprofessional management is rife within the facility I was employed at, I was employed for 17 years, the last 5 years were an absolute nightmare, they do not adhere to their mission statement, it's not what you know, but who you know at SJOGH.
We all help each other as caters to look after our clients, management is great reliable and the enjoyable part of the job is that at the end of the day you making a difference in your clients life
Good place to work in, very flexible with shifts and family orientated.
Good teaching hospital. Shifts varied on a day to day basis.

I worked in the peri operative area, it was always busy, got to know the staff, but not much of the management, although they took care of the staff. Good culture working together with diverse cultures.
The hardest part was there is not enough staff due to the amount of cases on a daily basis.

Most enjoyable part was forming friendships where everyone is treated equally as part of a team, there was no segregation between the medical teams, all worked together for one goal, that was patient recovery and wellness.
Busy day, meeting people all the time.
On line learing and education.

CEO is very friendly and knows everyone on a first name basis.

All cultures are emlpoyed.

Enjoy meeting new people daily, staff are very freindly there are a lot of long time members of staff, you can grow within the hospital and become a high achiever.
Pros
Discounted lunch in the canteen, green rider, you get paid to catch public transport, Salary sacrifice
Cons
paid parking
A small country town mentality, not willing to update to newer work methods.
Staff overall not bad but can be unaccepting to new staff.
Needs updating.
Have worked as a registered nurse on a busy ward for 15+years. We regularly have to look after 10 patients on a normal night duty. Once enjoyed it but the money saving tactics are now really affecting a lot of staff. Reduced contract hours and a lot less PCAs and PSAs often one between 2 or 3 wards on a shift. Managers are not supportive as they are all too scared of going over budget.Staff morale is on a downward spiral
Worked at SJOG for 6 years in various roles and can only speak highly about the culture, management, all staff and work ethics. Great family feel to the hospital
Good people who worked hard to deliver good outcomes for patients and fellow staff members.

Collaborative environment with good management and adequate resourcing.
Great place to work, if you have a permanent position. Work hours are adequate. I'm always learning something new here.
Management is handled well, and I feel like they try to compensate to your needs regarding rostering.
Like all job places you get your good and bad workers, I have learnt the easy way of doing cleaning,
Alot of people have been employed at the company a long time and tend to get out of doing work, which management tends to favour them, in turn makes it unfair for others, Managment also does care much for complaints on bullying etc. If you have a good team on work can actuaally be fun. The hardest part of the job is when you have lazy people on and have to most of the work yourself. the best part of the job is pay day.
Pros
free lunches and uniforms
Cons
the work we do affects our body eg: sore shoulders
Friendly and comfortable workplace. The management team are always visible and strive to make themselves available. Good support to continue education and professional developement.
Pros
Commitment to professional development
Cons
Long hours/ overtime
This is the worst job I've ever, had top heavy management, poor management thought out, very toxic environment, your never asked to do anything it's always threatened
Pros
nothing
Cons
everything
Class this as the best job I've had staff very supportive of each other and there was great work/life balance. Direct management were excellent and very supportive. The company always grew the staff with education.
Pros
All very good
Cons
As a volunteer than, my typical day of work would be creating patient files, and walking patients to the correct units or wards in the hospital.

St. John of God - Mt. Lawley is a very friendly environment to work in. The staff are of great help to each other who aims to keep its Christian values.
Management cares for the welfare of its staff at a professional level, and the workplace is very much multicultural.

The hardest part of the job will be having a full on busy day with a difficult patient. And the most enjoyable part of the job is of course meeting new people and being able to be of help.

The thing I've learned from St. John of God, was that, whatever your job may be, do it well, as you are in a chain of productions that leads to saving lives.
St John of God hospital is a fantastic company to work for, friendly staff and management we all work well in a team environment, we have a coordinator who directs task to workers e.g A theater has finished operating and are coming off the table then are directed to assist then finish with the cleaning preparing for the next operation. also to collect a patient and wheel them into the operating room. we have multiple start and finish time as we work shift work. The most difficult task of the job is Rolling a patient from prone position on the operating table onto their back on their bed or the opposite from their bed onto the operating table and lifting and getting the positioning correct ready for the surgeon, then strapping the patient to the table.
The part I enjoy the most is talking to the patients getting to know them meeting people from all types of backgrounds and comforting them when they are nervous for their operation.
Pros
tea, coffee machine, juice's provided toast and biscuits, sandwhiches, good working conditions
Cons
not high enough salary to create a future, unstable work hours
Poor management from executive level
Staffing levels could be better
Salary packaging

Hours negotiable

Various positions to move around within organisation
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Low morale
Reported a head of department for misconduct. Suspended the following day and terminated 7 weeks later. 2 fellow security officers sacked in the previous 12 months under the same circumstances. Nepotism runs rife throughout management.
Pros
Good floor staff
Cons
Don't follow SJOG core values
A typical day at work is always busy and productive, but one can not take away what i learnt and the experiences gained such as the different tables needed for different surgeries, transfer of patient from the bed to the operating table and from the operating table to the bed after the surgery. Also the equipment used like portable X-Ray machine, II C Arm and monitor, Microscope etc.
The Management of st. John has been good. They treat there staffs well and with respect.
They also follow the work place culture strictly which is Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence.

The hardest part of the job is seeing patient passing away and the most enjoyable part of the job is meeting different people.
Daily routine of work can easily managed;
I've learned how to communicate and getting along with different culture;

The management are very supportive;
Though there are different of culture, they showed a respect to each other;
When there is an emergency cases and many caller coming;

When doing the document preparation and discharges of an individual health care records.
Pros
Free consultation and seeking for a personal development
good co-workers
good mentor and team work

flexible shifts

good communication

challenging work environment

work load

teach us time management and organization
Pros
cafeteria, good shifts
Cons
cancellation of shift
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.