St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Pay & Benefits reviews

Australia78 reviews
I loved working at SJOG
I would love to go back, I loved the work I did, but we were very under staffed. I love working shift work and enjoyed the benefits i received at SJOG.
nice freindly place to work
worked at SJOG for many years found it a good place to work with good benefits to help with the salary, and made many work mates. the staff where always accommodating with what may be affecting you as a person.
Good culture and environment
I have been working there for over 8 and half years. I enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, St John of God closed down my department so I got retrenched.
Pros
good paid, good environment, car provided, salary packaging
Cons
closing down recently.
constant changing for the better.
Busy day, meeting people all the time.
On line learing and education.

CEO is very friendly and knows everyone on a first name basis.

All cultures are emlpoyed.

Enjoy meeting new people daily, staff are very freindly there are a lot of long time members of staff, you can grow within the hospital and become a high achiever.
Pros
Discounted lunch in the canteen, green rider, you get paid to catch public transport, Salary sacrifice
Cons
paid parking
Work experience
When I went on work experience I learnt a lot of different things. Doing work experience you need to on frame, so that you do not lose what you are doing. If you ever need help, dont be scared of asking for help.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Very professional and friendly enviorment to work in
St John of God hospital is a fantastic company to work for, friendly staff and management we all work well in a team environment, we have a coordinator who directs task to workers e.g A theater has finished operating and are coming off the table then are directed to assist then finish with the cleaning preparing for the next operation. also to collect a patient and wheel them into the operating room. we have multiple start and finish time as we work shift work. The most difficult task of the job is Rolling a patient from prone position on the operating table onto their back on their bed or the opposite from their bed onto the operating table and lifting and getting the positioning correct ready for the surgeon, then strapping the patient to the table.
The part I enjoy the most is talking to the patients getting to know them meeting people from all types of backgrounds and comforting them when they are nervous for their operation.
Pros
tea, coffee machine, juice's provided toast and biscuits, sandwhiches, good working conditions
Cons
not high enough salary to create a future, unstable work hours
Lack of staff morale
Poor management from executive level
Staffing levels could be better

Salary packaging
Hours negotiable
Various positions to move around within organisation
Pros
Salary sacrifice
Cons
Low morale
Hospitality, Compassion, Respect, Justice and Excellence
This hospital has such a feel good vibe about it and the caregivers make it happen. Changes in job structures means my current 30 hours per week are going to be cut to 22.5. I am very lucky to work in a great environment with great caregivers. The hardest would be to leave.
Nurse Helper
Working at Murdoch Hospital was an enjoyable job, because every week was different. I learned soo much by working their just the one day a week
Pros
Free Coffee
productive and friendly
Going from different levels at hospital

disposal of chemical waste

they were good

good co workers

collecting trolleys emptying clinical waste and dirty linen along with doing security

most enjoyable lunch time
Pros
buy or bring lunch