St John of God Health Care
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St John of God Health Care Pay & Benefits reviews

Clear
3.9Work–Life Balance
3.7Pay & Benefits

Work culture is dismal

Micro management in most areas, no room for advancement within organisationPay rates definitely not comparable to Government Hospitals Mission & Values are not put into practice.

Pros

Salary sacrifice

Cons

Micro management

Great first experience until you start to know your coworkers.

Worked as a CSSD technician; if you start here first then you can work anywhere! The first 3 months goes fast and everyone seems helpful at first, but the longer you stay the more you realise how discriminatory and manipulative the management is. Your coworkers dont actually want to help you + are obvious they are only there for the salary and not enjoying what they do.Gossip is prevalent.You are always guilted when you take leave by your coworkers and manager.If you want to work in the CSSD department, I wish you the best of luck -- you will need it.

Pros

Free food in teabreak area, fast-paced work environment

Cons

No collaboration, emotional and mental stress

Staff treated poorly

Poor workplace cultureBullying the normHeavy workload Some staff treated a lot better with their rosters , leave and patient allocation to a lighter load No orderlies to assist or asistants

Pros

Salary packaging

Cons

Long hours, unhelpful and unfriendly managent. Poor workplace culture with bullying of some staff the norm

Stressful and little support

After working in the same position for over a decade, l had no opportunity of advancement or additional training. The job was very demanding with very little support from my managerial team. Generally all staff are very welcoming and happy to talk.

Pros

Salary sacrifice and special celebratory lunches

Cons

Poor support for workers

Great organisation

I love working at st john of god it was a great environment with great people. I would go back in a heartbeat if they could offer full time. Great benefits and great salary.

I loved working at SJOG

I would love to go back, I loved the work I did, but we were very under staffed. I love working shift work and enjoyed the benefits i received at SJOG.

nice freindly place to work

worked at SJOG for many years found it a good place to work with good benefits to help with the salary, and made many work mates. the staff where always accommodating with what may be affecting you as a person.

Good culture and environment

I have been working there for over 8 and half years. I enjoyed every minute of it. Unfortunately, St John of God closed down my department so I got retrenched.

Pros

good paid, good environment, car provided, salary packaging

Cons

closing down recently.

constant changing for the better.

Busy day, meeting people all the time. On line learing and education. CEO is very friendly and knows everyone on a first name basis. All cultures are emlpoyed. Enjoy meeting new people daily, staff are very freindly there are a lot of long time members of staff, you can grow within the hospital and become a high achiever.

Pros

Discounted lunch in the canteen, green rider, you get paid to catch public transport, Salary sacrifice

Cons

paid parking

Work experience

When I went on work experience I learnt a lot of different things. Doing work experience you need to on frame, so that you do not lose what you are doing. If you ever need help, dont be scared of asking for help.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Very professional and friendly enviorment to work in

St John of God hospital is a fantastic company to work for, friendly staff and management we all work well in a team environment, we have a coordinator who directs task to workers e.g A theater has finished operating and are coming off the table then are directed to assist then finish with the cleaning preparing for the next operation. also to collect a patient and wheel them into the operating room. we have multiple start and finish time as we work shift work. The most difficult task of the job is Rolling a patient from prone position on the operating table onto their back on their bed or the opposite from their bed onto the operating table and lifting and getting the positioning correct ready for the surgeon, then strapping the patient to the table. The part I enjoy the most is talking to the patients getting to know them meeting people from all types of backgrounds and comforting them when they are nervous for their operation.

Pros

tea, coffee machine, juice's provided toast and biscuits, sandwhiches, good working conditions

Cons

not high enough salary to create a future, unstable work hours

Lack of staff morale

Poor management from executive level Staffing levels could be better Salary packaging Hours negotiable Various positions to move around within organisation

Pros

Salary sacrifice

Cons

Low morale

productive and friendly

Going from different levels at hospital disposal of chemical waste they were good good co workers collecting trolleys emptying clinical waste and dirty linen along with doing security most enjoyable lunch time

Pros

buy or bring lunch

Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St John of God Health Care. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St John of God Health Care
  • Pay & Benefits
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?