St Patrick's College Employee Review

View all St Patrick's College reviews

I enjoyed working for the college
Catering Assistant (Former Employee) –  Antrim road29 March 2017
I left st Patrick's college to work for McDonald's in Victoria square i enjoy meeting people and helping people i am a good time keeper and i have good manners and i am a good worker i enjoy helping people young and old
Pros
I am a excellent worker and a great time keeper
Cons
I don't think i have any cons

Other St Patrick's College Employee Reviews

games
Chairperson / Head of Science department (Former Employee) –  Nigeria- West Africa12 March 2013
Teaching Biology to A leval students
Head of Science Depart
Chairperson / Head of Science department for ten years.
Managed and supervised over 25 personnel. Supervised all aspects
of the safe operation of four science laboratories
(Physics - Chemistry - Biology - Agricultural).
Evaluated science student teachers for external field placements.
Coordinated and managed University Examinations.
Managed finances of the Science section.
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
nil
Intense
Teacher (Former Employee) –  kimberley1 November 2012
St Patrick"s College is a 115 years old, and steeped in History. The buildings are beautifull, as are the Chapels on the Campus. It is a Catholic School, founded by the Christian Brothers. It has a strong ethos and value system, and prayer is part and parcel of each day.
I am also living in the Hostel, and therefore surrounded by children of all ages. As Hostel Staff we are expected to mentor learners, and I have found this a fulfilling experience. A typical day at work starts with Morning Devotions and the I teach from Grade 1 to Grade 6. This year my work load was much lighter than previously, so I taught ART and DRAMA from Grade 1 to 6, and Technology from Grade 4 to 6. The hardest part of the job is when end of term approaches and I feel myself to be noise polluted! I also find it hard to work with negative and disillusioned teachers. To me 'fun' is a vital component in all my teaching, no matter what the subject is.
The most enjoyable part of teaching for me is when I see confidance blooming in a child, when pupils start having productive fun and taking ownership of their work. I want children to learn to trust their brains! I love it when the art room is busy and projects are everywhere. Enthusiasm is a universal language, and I thrive when I need to motivate a learner, (I have had a high success rate)
I value fair and strict Management Principles.
Pros
small classes
Cons
none really, it is intense with big or small classes