St Vincent's Care Services Employee Reviews

Avoid working here. Money driven
Carer, (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 June 2019
SVCS value money and profit over people. Head office buy out private or church run aged care facilities promising no job cuts or major changes - then bring in redundencies, roster cuts, staff changes, job descriptions and major policy overhauls within a few months. Transitioning to a svcs ownership is very badly managed. There is no thanks, no praise, no discussion, and no leadership. Upper management are never available to answer questions in person or via email. Staff morale is at an all time low, as everyone is now worried about losing their jobs.
Spending time with the Residents
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 March 2019
If your on shift with great staff you would have an enjoyable day. The culture I found was a bit hard, it was toxic, unless you were from their culture, life can be easy, most of staff are from the same background, so speaking in their native tongue was very annoying & disappointing in the workplace.
Pros
Working with & sharing the Residents life stories & family backgrounds
Cons
With lazy staff & low income
Unprofessional - No clear structure, processes and training
Staff Member (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW3 March 2019
I expected more. Not speaking about the entire organisation, just the site that I worked at. If you're not best friends with the Managers then you might aswell quit because they're bullies.
Pros
Lovely staff
Cons
Managers need training and people skills
nice place for work
AIN (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD5 January 2019
Good environment, staff are nice, a typical day at work, I learned a lot about resents, management are good, work place culture is good, enjoyable place to work
Pros
nice people
Cons
nothing
Head Chef (Current Employee) –  Bronte NSW26 September 2018
Good for chefs
Work life balance
Good management
System in place are good
No stress
Helpful team
Free parking
Free tea and coffee and cookies on 2 days/week
Pros
Good work life balance
Cons
Less pay
Frustrating
Aged Care Nurse (Current Employee) –  Werribee VIC23 July 2018
PCAs are expected to do the job of two. RNs expected to monitor up to 40 residents alone. ! This is unreasonable. Many quality nurses and care staff have left SVCS already, and the place is only been open just over a year ! Management only focus is budget and filling resident vacancies.. It gets tiring listening to complaints on every shift. Thankfully there are some lovely sweet Residents to care for.Sadly, many Residents do not receive visitors and are very lonely, - staff workload allows NO time to offer any one on one time or companionship for those Residents who need it the most. . Never enough staff allocated on each shift- especially the PM & night shifts. management need to take this more seriously and listen to staff feedback.
Pros
Brand New Aged Care facility with. some lovely Residents.
Cons
High staff turnover. Workload very tiring at times.
Student (Former Employee) –  Auburn NSW7 July 2018
Love the work culture
Friendly staff
work life balance
the residents are well distributed
this place is close to Auburn station and so is easy to access
Nice HR team to work with
HR Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bowen Hills QLD17 January 2018
I work as a volunteer for the HR team to gain work exp. They seem to work well together as a team and to be organised. However, I can't comment on anything else because I only work there around 8 hours a week and I don't receive payment or talk to people outside of the HR team.
Very fulfilling and a happy job
Catering Industries Assistant (Current Employee) –  Auburn NSW21 April 2017
Working in St. Vincent Aged Care Facility Auburn for the past one year and two months was indeed a fulfilling and enjoyable job. The culture inside the facility is like a family. Everyday when you go to work is like meeting your family at work. Everyone seems to be happy, optimistic and enjoying each others company. The facility director was so warm, open and very understanding. She makes sure that everything is in place. The hygiene, the cleanliness inside and outside the facility was observed. The quality of service must be at par with the other aged care facility. The programs given to all the residents were properly prepared, thought about and implemented with the help of the carers and the administrators. Evaluation and assessment of each program was reviewed regularly. Working here everyday is fun as we all say we don't work with workmates but we work with friends. Though, professionalism and service are the top priority but camaraderie and support with one another in delivering the quality of service given to all the residents. Personally, I have learned to adjust with different cultures, attitude and behaviors in the workplace. Being a counselor and as psychologist its a plus and its an advantage. I was able to handle the weaknesses and also the difficult personalities i am encountering at work. Maintaining the quality and expectations from the top management was also something that i need to remember. But then again, I am proud and happy with this experience and as a human being i am continually learning as a person, as an individual and as a good and responsible  more... employee of St. Vincent's Aged Care Facility.  less
Pros
Good Food, Good people around, Clean work place
Cons
At times, long hours, lack of manpower, shortage of carers
Good multicultural atmosphere with wide range of resources to perform efficiently
Admissions & Resource Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Sydney Western Suburbs NSW30 March 2017
SVCS, Auburn is a second home to me as I feel all residents and staff are always warm and welcoming everyday. Employer has equal employement opportunity and this gives oppportunity for all from different backgrounds with good working skills. Provide regular training and workshops with recent updates in governmen/clinical changes.Employees are given freedom to use their skills to work efficiently with boundaries.
Pros
Multicultural atmosphere