St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

enjoyable
Day to day shop assistant (Former Employee) –  South Hedland WA28 April 2018
I worked there as a volunteer for more than one year. It"s a great place to work with other volunteer as a team , mainly I worked there as a cash register and sale items as much as I can. Then made some vouchers for poor people and help the managers for there every day account and data base system. I helped them for stocking dresses and other items in the shop. It"s a very enjoyable place for me because I loved to work with many people and csutomers.
Pros
Work with many lovely senior citizens
Cons
Can help the poor people
Friendly environment and busy place
Customer Service Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Prospect SA25 April 2018
Busy shop with good team members and supportive manager. I learned how to serve a customer and my confidence level increased. I improved a lot in resolving customer complaints in stressful situation
Great place to work with lovely staff
VOLUNTEER (Former Employee) –  Kenmore QLD20 April 2018
St Vincent de Paul Kenmore is a great place to work with friendly and approachable staff. I highly recommend it as a workplace for anyone who is interested in volunteering.
Pros
friendly staff
Cons
slightly repetitive work
Its ok
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Kalgoorlie WA20 April 2018
Its ok working at vinnies as a volunteer for retail experience but for amount of time they want you to work, you are better of getting job unless your retired to be honest
Very good team environment
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Buranda QLD5 April 2018
Great working culture of different backgrounds who get on enormously well leading to a fair minded and well adjusted team environment wherein there is always something to do.
There is a variety of customers who come through the door all day and every day with different needs that need to be accommodated.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Long Hours
Very friendly
Volunteer Work Tasks (Current Employee) –  Orange NSW6 March 2018
I love the caring nature of the staff, and I strive to follow their directions. I have learnt customer service skills while replenishing the store items. I have a good product knowledge and awareness of where some of the products are, and would feel confident in directing customers to the correct area, or assist them with locating their particular product if available.
Pros
Patient and caring fellow workers, positive workplace
Cons
Only volunteer work
Serving the public
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Elizabeth SA15 February 2018
Collecting delivered donations
Pricing
Use a cash register
customer service
Helping the community
Management was awesome, friendly and amazing
Some angry customers
Community service
Pros
Meeting New People
Cons
No free lunch
Store person (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 February 2018
ITS BEEN GREAT WORKING HERE
Here I dnot have much pressure to work. Main motive here is you have to get the job done, no matter how you do. Its the best .
Just a volunteer for a week
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD5 February 2018
loved my work experience there. Ladies are lovely and welcoming. Feels more as a big family. Would recommend to anyone to give volunteering a go. I learned so much just from the week being there.
it was good volunteering work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW30 January 2018
it was good volunteering work. I enjoyed helping the homeless as I served and prepared food for them. I highly recommend this volunteering work to everyone.
omg
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW29 January 2018
working with Vincent is a good place to start it my be lot of standing and moving but it helpful, it always good to get to know the customer services and the worker. lot of donate like clothes, toys, dish and many more.......should go and try to look around and not just that everything is cheap.....
Great
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Campsie NSW29 January 2018
St Vincent De Paul Society in Campsie was an incredible experience for me as a young person as it allowed me to enter the world of 'working'. Through ensuring that the place was constantly tidy and helping customers shop around, I was able to grasp the basics of customer service.
Pros
Did not discriminate - welcomed immediately
Cons
nothing
Rewarding
Volunteer Worker (Former Employee) –  Chinchilla QLD21 January 2018
St Vincent de Paul Society is a charitable organization that allows people to get a head start in the retail industry as well as helping those who are not as fortunate as us.
Good experience
Vinnie's Van Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW20 January 2018
Good experience for youth and offered an opportunity to give back to the community. It involves interacting with people of all walks of life which helps to develop ones interpersonal skills and communications skills; useful skills desired by many jobs.
productive and fun workplace that provides many chances to give to the community.
VOLUNTEER PLACEMENTS (Former Employee) –  Mackay QLD14 January 2018
I was provided with many chances to help the less fortunate and the community. I learnt many skills such as team work, confidence, time management and the importance of enjoying what you do.
Pros
giving back to the community
Cons
work hours were short
A charity organisation
Store person - Part-time voluntary work (Former Employee) –  Mount Pritchard NSW12 January 2018
I have no comments about this organisation due to it is a charity organisation with basic equipment and conditions of work.
Good time to get some experience in warehouse operations.
Good
Sale Assistant (Current Employee) –  Bridge Mall Ballarat6 January 2018
I always care about society and especially assisting the less fortunate, I apply this ethos to my decision making and everyday life. I am enjoying working at Vinnies and it creates a great chance for me to give back to the community, I meet and make more friends every day.
I love all the staff and stuff there, I also do my shopping at Vinnies too. A great way to spend money in a good way for you and other people.
My new job
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Oak Flats NSW7 December 2017
I love working at my Vinnies. I work on the till and provide the best customer service I can. I haven't worked in retail before and didin't realize how satisfying it can be. The work ethic and culture could be improved as there are a lot of sorters who throw things away if they dont like it, or if there is only one item. I have learnt that everyone who walks into our shop is on the lookout for a special item or a bargain. Some love to browse and can stay for ages. The hardest part of this job is seeing the hardship people endure, but the best part is helping them out of that place and into a more positive one.
Pros
workers, customers and socialization
Cons
being unable to satisfy a customer
Great work
Store person (Former Employee) –  Griffith NSW5 December 2017
Friendly inviroment hard working smiles on faces team work place of business is good staff well presented. Employees hard working friendly always up for a laugh
It was a great place to work.
Retail (Former Employee) –  Canberra ACT29 November 2017
I was volunteering at St Vincent De Paul for my work experience program at school. It was a great experience, I learnt to manage tasks in order of priority. Also I learnt to work with other people and multitask.
Pros
Timing is very negotiable
Cons
No pay