St Vincent de Paul Society Employee Reviews

Enjoyable experience
Retail Assistant (Current Employee) –  Glen Osmond Rd Parkside SA3 June 2019
Volunteer role, I throughly enjoyed working with fellow staff. I have been lucky enough to have had a great manager who was well educated and long experienced in retail shop management. I was able to be taught alot and gain fair amount of knowledge on a industry previously not familiar.

Highly recommend this environment for the workplace.
Pros
Beautiful fellow staff, great work with sense of accomplishment & gratitude for the efforts made to do things properly.
Cons
Fellow staff occasionally unwell and can be overwhelming and slightly inappropriate toward others, by making interesting questionable statements or comments due to exacerbated illness, the
A good place for volunteer work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Whyalla SA3 June 2019
An exceptional place to volunteer if you do not have experience in the work force. Got taught how to use point of sale, electronic funds transfer point of sales, close/end of sales and how to help customers to the best of your ability.
Pros
friendly staff, retail experience
Cons
managers only get paid, need more variarty of training.
Great and rewarding place to work
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Geelong West VIC21 April 2019
I only worked there for a day but it was rewarding knowing I was helping the community and with great people surrounding me with the same work ethic. The location was in the car district can't remember the location but yeah and overall the company is a great one to work for.
Practical and Functional Work Enviorment
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD7 April 2019
Referral Service for clients based on their individual needs. Efficient and friendly workplace. Data encryption managed correctly, managed in an orderly fashion.
Pros
Good work envorinment
Cons
Crisis Calls
staff were fun to work with
Sales Assisstant volunteered (Former Employee) –  Rockhampton QLD24 March 2019
the staff were fun to work with management were rude
they got rid of old volunteers accussing us of things we didnt do
without warning. I the beginning it was good we were taught neww skills but then it went down hill
Pros
able to help customer
Cons
rude managment
Absolutely the worst people i have ever encounted in a workplace
Truck Driver/Storeman (Former Employee) –  Hobart CBD TAS23 March 2019
Absolutely a bad place to work wages are disgraceful and management is completely rude don't do it , the staff are completely useless and have no idea how to make sure you are treated management is obsolete and when you do c them they will never talk to you.
a good place
Delivery Person (Current Employee) –  Perth WA20 February 2019
very nice place to work and in whole st Vincent de Paul does heaps of good work for the community and helps anybody in true need of help to live a first world life
fun working place/being able to help people
Volunteer Work (Current Employee) –  Geraldton WA19 February 2019
The perks of working for St Vincent de Paul Society are being apart of an organisation that helps people in need and you may just make someone's day.

You get hired by going into a St Vinnies shop and offering your time to help out a great charity. No matter what your skills the kind people at St Vincent de Paul will help you find what you are good at.
sales assistant
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Longford TAS18 February 2019
I have been with Vinnies for over 12 months now.They have great staff and we all have built up a great customer relationship with hundreds of people both in Longford and from other places during my time here at Vinnies.

During my time here Volunteering for Vinnies i am confident i will hopefully find payed work in a similar role in Longford or Launceston.
A good place to gain skills
Volunteer Retail Assistant (Former Employee) –  Macksville NSW10 February 2019
St Vincent De Paul Society was a good place to learn some retail skills whilst volunteering and helping those less fortunate in society. I enjoyed my time there.
Cons
Volunteer based, so no income
good
customer service (Former Employee) –  Brookvale NSW1 February 2019
I did volunteer work through my school, it was non paid and was not for advancement to any paid position, it is a good way to help out the community and give back.
Pros
feel good
Cons
non paid
friendly and enjoyable work environment
assisting in sorting area (Former Employee) –  Arundel QLD31 January 2019
opens daily, plenty of friendly staff, learnt the role of customer service as well as the feeling of face paced work environment, enjoy volunteering as well as meeting new people.
Pros
discounts
Good workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Perth WA31 January 2019
Worked for a few hours each day as a volunteer to fulfill community service hours. Worked steaming clothes ready to be taken out to the storefront. Quite enjoyable.
Great place to work, lovely people, overall great environment
Sorting/replenishing stock (Former Employee) –  Wauchope NSW20 January 2019
I loved working here, was a great learning experience, met lots of people from all walks of life, defineately recommend volunteering here if you’re looking to help out in the community for a few hrs a week, or looking to meet new people .
Pros
Great atmosphere, volunteer hrs to suit individual needs
Cons
Not enough work, not paid position
fun.
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Townsville QLD18 January 2019
the society was enjoyable everyone was friendly, and only being a volunteer we only handled the donations given so I didn't get to see any other aspect of the company.
fun workplace
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Ipswich QLD15 January 2019
doing work at st vincent de pauls was a fun expeirance and i enjoyed meeting all the diferent people and how eccepting they are with everyone no matter who you are
Pros
Cons
flexable
I went here for community service
Volunteer at Vietnamese (Former Employee) –  Sunshine VIC14 January 2019
-Typical day of work including moving things, marking prices of items, factory work, cleaning
-Not much to say due to it being community service and not a job
N/a
Volunteering (Current Employee) –  Midland WA20 November 2018
Helping customers look for clothing and shoes. What I've learned is that st vinnies are a excellent organisation that are helping families that need help the most.
Pros
Excellent staff
Cons
N/a
The store seems dodgey
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW16 November 2018
the place I worked at had a couple workers who were sometimes a little strange when it came to the store money and who controls what money. Other than that, the people are all working to help out others in need
Pros
good for your resume and get to help out the community
Cons
poor working conditions
Easygoing Workplace
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Wollongong NSW12 November 2018
Worked solely as volunteer - no opportunities for career advancement with retail stores and therefore no opportunity to earn wages,despite expressions of interest to work in social work. Satisfactory management with understanding manager who allows personal days off (for family and medical appointments). Enjoyable workplace, colleagues easy to get along with and very personable,