St Vincent’s Health Australia Employee Reviews

I was very unhappy working here
Allied Health. (Former Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW16 May 2019
Absolutely one of the worst working experiences of my professional career. Management were appalling and inept. A demoralising working experience where all they talk about is helping the poor but actually did just the opposite. Management just wanted to get rid of staff and cut costs. I would advise others not to work here.
Pros
Near the city
Cons
Long hours, terrible workplace culture of bullying
Great teaching hospital
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC21 March 2019
St Vincents Hospital is a great place to learn new skills and provide the best care for the patient. The hospital's standards are always high and I would always work there if given the chance.
St Vincent's Hospital Darlinghurst NSW
Administration Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney18 March 2019
A typical day at the hospital was very busy while mixing with other departments, patients and medical professionals.
I was fortunate to learn new skills and knowledge while being under the banner of the hospital which is dedicated to helping the sick and less fortunate.
The management is always focused on moving forward for the patients while keeping centered on its' history.
Workplace culture is typical of a large hospital/organization.
The hardest part of the job at St. Vincent's was activating requests and needs between different departments.
The most enjoyable part of the job seeing a smile on a patient's face when you have gone the extra distance for them and sorted a difficult problem.
Pros
Working with other friendly people providing a positive environment.
Cons
Closed off from the outside as it isn't near shops or restaurants.
Good Hospital, CBD location
HR Administrator (Current Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC26 February 2019
Great place to work for a Management/Admin role. Good eateries nearby. The central CBD location is always a positive. One of the smaller metropolitan hospitals.
Pros
Central Location, good eateries
Cons
Travel to city can be hectic.
Fulfilling work experience
Volunteer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 February 2019
Culture that is both professional yet comfortable to be in, lunch allowance, great for people who want a career in healthcare/aged care, great for building confidence and social skills
Pros
Professional work environment and management, lunch allowance
Cons
Transport to location is difficult, parking is hard to find
good place to work
Outpatients Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW18 February 2019
St Vincents was a good place to work back then. There was a good group of people working in my office at the time, and we all worked together as part of the team.
Nothing Much for fun
IT Tech Officer (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW11 February 2019
Since it's a hospital, therefore there is nothing much for fun. The working hours are fine. There is a work life balance. The environment is also cool.
fun place to work
PSA (Current Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC17 January 2019
its good place to work but i need something different work and experience. i wish to learn lot more and do lot more than just this. I want to change my career so I want to move on.
Productive and fun day at work
Support Services Associate (Former Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC13 December 2018
A day at work is typically busy and fast paced. Dealing with requests from nurses, helping patients with their needs, and completing job tasks. Everyone is friendly and extremely helpful.
The toughest part of the job was having to take a patient who has passed away to the mortuary, nothing can prepare you for that but you learn to cope. What I've enjoyed the most is being able to help out patients with their needs and always being there for nurses and being able to help in any way I can because their job is stressful and being able to assist makes me know I've taken some stress away from their day. Overall, my time at the hospital has been great and wonderful.
Productive and fun
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 October 2018
You will always come to work with a busy schedule ahead so I enjoy how the time flies when your completely preoccupied with your patients.

The best skills I have acquired from being a nurse, have most definitely been communicating clearly with others, so there is absolutely no room for misunderstandings and being patient. I never use to be a patient person until I entered the industry.

To be honest, I believe if more money was invested in public services it would could for better management of the institution.

Living in a multicultural country you are subjected to interacting with multiple cultures and customs, so it was always an interesting experience to observe and learn how different people live their life.

I can summaries the difficulties of this job into three sections. The first would most definitely be the long hours. There's only so much green tea and coffee you can drink until your body and mind crashes.
The second is dealing with absolute buffoons! And I don't only mean patients who don't particularly have to be in the hospital to begin with but also some of the staff members! If I ever owned a private hospital, I would have extremely strict restrictions for persons applying for the roles to make sure not only that they are qualified! but fit, healthy, are willing to continue learning and are completely efficient with their tasks. Possibly able to speak two or more languages fluently! And of course a rise in pay is always a nice touch.

The most rewarding aspect to being a nurse is just being able to care for others and watch some of them overcome
  more... their illness's. There's no better feeling than knowing you are contributing to someones well-being!  less
Pros
Learning something new
Cons
Hours and low paying salary
Departmental Secretary (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 September 2018
Very busy, hectic place to work. Good work place culture. Social aspect is very good with great colleagues. My manager is exceptional, very personable.
Helpfuly healthcare environment
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Hospital staff always great staff to get along with very helpful. Has great values to live by. Always busy and new things coming across your desk. Management lately were more focus on the $$$ rather the values and what had made the hospital a great place to work.
Very bad management
Senior Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW24 June 2018
Poor management with absolutely disgusting behaviour; they cover up abuse of patients, promote unqualified persons and engage in cronyism. Definitely not recommended.
Health Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 June 2018
Hard work from when you arrive, everything I needed to care for people, management listened, other workers were great, flat out learned heaps and they explain everything
Pros
good view if you get time to look out of the windows
Advanced Nursing training
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 June 2018
Enjoyed the experience and learned a lot Rotated through many different areas of the large hospital. Demanding workload so that you had to prioritize the work to create balance
a varied job enviorment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 May 2018
12 hour shifts both days and nights. I have learnt how to read people and to assist them in a calm manner.great work mates and it was sometimes hard to see what families have to go through.it was also a varied job with many different experiences.
Pros
get to assist many people
Cons
Can be dangerous
Research Officer (Current Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC25 April 2018
STV is a good place to work. I enjoyed completely my work at STV. The administrative person, clinicians, supervisors are very friendly and helpful. The base salary is not good, that sometimes can demoralise your performances.
Pros
Salary Savings, good administration and supervisor
Cons
Salary is low for postdoctoral fellows
Stressful but the Residents make the struggle worthwhile
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD26 March 2018
Most staff working with the residents are friendly, helpful and energetic. The work ethos is positive and religious based. The residents are kind and understanding of difficulty the staff face with ongoing problems. If you want to work here, you will be working with dedicated staff. We will help you through the transition from new to being an old hand at it.
Pros
Counselling, Salary Sacrifice, plenty of shifts.
Cons
Management does not give encouragement and staff turnover is increasing.
Great working environment
AOA Orthopaedic Fellow (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 March 2018
During my time working in this hospital I had the opportunity to further improve my orthopaedic Skills, mainly surgical and outpatient monthly follow up
Work night do not know any one
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2018
The old time gone . Now new Management do not care Human being. St vincent's Hospital Come first. save save money .

I 'm work night I m do not know or Communication with a lot Cleaner at St Vincent's Hospital.