St Vincent’s Health Australia Employee Reviews

Helpfuly healthcare environment
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2018
Hospital staff always great staff to get along with very helpful. Has great values to live by. Always busy and new things coming across your desk. Management lately were more focus on the $$$ rather the values and what had made the hospital a great place to work.
Advanced Nursing training
RN (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC6 June 2018
Enjoyed the experience and learned a lot Rotated through many different areas of the large hospital. Demanding workload so that you had to prioritize the work to create balance
a varied job enviorment
Security Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 May 2018
12 hour shifts both days and nights. I have learnt how to read people and to assist them in a calm manner.great work mates and it was sometimes hard to see what families have to go through.it was also a varied job with many different experiences.
Pros
get to assist many people
Cons
Can be dangerous
Research Officer (Current Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC25 April 2018
STV is a good place to work. I enjoyed completely my work at STV. The administrative person, clinicians, supervisors are very friendly and helpful. The base salary is not good, that sometimes can demoralise your performances.
Pros
Salary Savings, good administration and supervisor
Cons
Salary is low for postdoctoral fellows
Stressful but the Residents make the struggle worthwhile
Assistant in Nursing (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD26 March 2018
Most staff working with the residents are friendly, helpful and energetic. The work ethos is positive and religious based. The residents are kind and understanding of difficulty the staff face with ongoing problems. If you want to work here, you will be working with dedicated staff. We will help you through the transition from new to being an old hand at it.
Pros
Counselling, Salary Sacrifice, plenty of shifts.
Cons
Management does not give encouragement and staff turnover is increasing.
Work night do not know any one
Cleaning (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2018
The old time gone . Now new Management do not care Human being. St vincent's Hospital Come first. save save money .

I 'm work night I m do not know or Communication with a lot Cleaner at St Vincent's Hospital.
Great place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC8 February 2018
Great place to work. All staff are very friendly and caring of the patients. I only work there for a short period of time as a work experience student but really enjoyed every day of it
Good place to work and career development
Research Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC2 February 2018
A good place to start but only if you get a full-time job. My work is part-time and therefore, no advancement options are available and that makes things harder for the employee.
Flexible and dedicated workplace providing high quality care
Endorsed Enrolled Nurse (76hrs fortnightly) (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW1 February 2018
A great measurement into the prevention of further treatment by providing early intervention and education. The Diagnostic Endoscopy Centre is a place for high quality, holistic care which is coordinated and maintained by management and staff.
Workplace environement
Research Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 January 2018
The workplace is nice as well as supervisors and colleagues. The management and administration are really cooperative and helpful, there is no additional pressure from outside or management. The problem I faced, as too many expectations from a part-time employee who is only working two days in a week. Working only two days is not worthy and doesn't give you lot of flexibility of thinking and doing the things in the proper manner and further restricting to do some innovative work.
Pros
Work flexibility and helpful attitude from administrator
Cons
Salary is not up to the mark
Good working place to be
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 November 2017
Everything at St. Vincent is very well organised. I like the working the environment in there. People working there are nice and friendly. The cleaning stuffs (equipment, mobs, microfibres) are all cleaned and maintained well, which is safe and hygienic for us.
Pros
Free dinner
work hard for no recognition
Sterilising Technician (TSSU) (Former Employee) –  Darlinghurst, NSW,Aus8 November 2017
I had so much to offer at this place and was doing my best, teaching people and hoping work culture would improve. This was private hospital and all is/was about money and people did use everything to get better salary for themselves. Thus hospital (Catholic) did approve all with benefits too.
Clean and Hygienic workplace
March 2016 - Priceline Customer service (Former Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW24 October 2017
I enjoyed working at St Vincent's Private Hospital, it felt secure and supportive. As a beginner many staff members took me under their wing and helped me in times of need. I was surprised with how up to date the hospital with their hygiene rules and that all of the staff members respected and followed. I was paid well and my hours were set to fit my lifestyle.
Pros
Supportive workplace.
Cons
No cons
Great team environment
Food Service - Student Placement (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC24 August 2017
Great team environment for food service dietetics. Professional atmosphere, best practice in food service and patient outcomes.
Menu software system is modern, easy to use and well suited to practical food service delivery.
good place to work
1) Administration Assistant (Former Employee) –  Mitchelton QLD10 August 2017
i have enjoyed my time in St. Vincent where i got a chance to learn a lot of things and got more experience. Good team members to work, and all of them are helpful.
Good experiences available
Rotating junior physiotherapist (Former Employee) –  Sydney, Australia29 May 2017
Rotated through a wide variety of clinical areas and learnt from senior staff in each area. Interesting clinical cases. Given opportunities for supervision of junior staff and students. Presented multiple inservices and case presentations to staff.
the people i worked and dealt within the org. and reps from diverse companies
Purchasing officer for the last 25 years. (Former Employee) –  victoria street, Darlinghurst12 February 2017
A very interesting job, communicating with personnel at all levels and remilfps. from different suppliers .
a typical day at work run reports che kkng levels in the main store.
looking for discrepancies. .
check back orders of purchases not delivered to the main store.
advising management as required.
enjoyed every day the people i dealt with.
activities outside work playing golf.
Pros
every day learning a new product.
Cons
not enough time to learn more.
Easy-going colleagues
HP TRIM Administrator (Current Employee) –  Darlinghurst NSW19 May 2016
Opportunities for training and development.
Work culture is flexible.
Family-style IT department.
It is overall a fun, yet professional environment.
Great Culture
EFT staff (Current Employee) –  Fitzroy VIC15 April 2016
The culture at St.Vincent's marks this place a great hospital to work. Patient well being is very much the focus. \

Executive are struggling a bit with strategy - especially with how Melbourne Public fits in with the broader SVHA; the non-exec management do a fantastic job.
Pros
Great Culture
Cons
Under market pay
Wonderful environment
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW11 January 2016
SVPH was a wonderful place to work. The other staff members where friendly and open, opportunities to learn and gain professional development where everywhere and the environment was positive and inclusive.