St Vincent’s Health Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St Vincent’s Health Australia Employee Reviews

Australia111 reviews
Group office was an excellent culture however the hospitals were hierarchical and old fashioned. People in general fantastic but management uninspiring
Pros
Nil
Cons
Nil
good teaching in general and friendly staff
proper patient management with up to date guidelines

competitive environment

great location to work

the rotations provided can be very bad
Pros
teaching place
Cons
Rotations
It's a good hospital with all the facilities. The work environment is really good and the management is really helpful and good. Overall job at St Vincent Hospital is really good and I enjoyed a lot.
This place sucks, the management are just rude! especially one lady in particular, if you ever get a job there, you’ll quickly find out who she is....
Pros
The residents are lovely
Cons
Stuck up staff, rude management, always shortage of staff
St Vincent & Mater Health, mainly being Mater Hospital in Nth Sydney is not a company to work for as there is alot of bullying and harassment from management as well as no support. Management also have their favourite list and if you are not on it you had no chance of advancing your career. The team work was not good and the patient load was very difficult and poor. Once again I would not recommend this as a place to work.
We feel good working atmosphere. I leaned many new skills like operating new machines and doing difficult tasks easily. The timings and tasks help me to shape my self.
People are mainly polite and thoughtful of newcomers. strong evidence based learning experience being a tertiary hospital. Collaborative medical, nurses, allied health team and ward support. You can expect appreciation and compassion from your co workers in this fast paced work place.
it was an inclusive environment which allowed me to work diligently and understand that if i needed help i could easily ask one of my peers. The way it was managed was good, regular roster updates were weekly.
GOOD management, Nice HR, good staff and education. well qualified. a good place for a new nurse to learn nursing skills. Good relationship between staff and patients or between staff.
Friendly Working Environment, Good teamwork, Maintain good relationships with patient and co-workers, avoid wastage of consumables, Follow policies and procedure.
Pros
Subsidised canteen facility / Avalibility of Food
I would recommend this organisation for someone who is interested to make good career. Although I had to leave this organisation I am still looking forward to work in the future.
At times the culture can be toxic. Blame and favouritism make an unpleasant work life. Managers can be inexperienced and lack qualifications to lead a team
It has been a pleasure working with staff across numerous disciplines at this hospital - everyone I have encountered is extremely friendly, supportive and helpful.

There is also great diversity in available educational opportunities, and professional development is highly encouraged by managers and the Education Department
Great work culture and benefits. In the department I worked in, work colleagues were like family and I still catch up
With many of them. Plenty of opportunity to worked in other parts of the organisation.
I have enjoyed working at St Vincent's Hospital. They sponsored my Regional Permanent Resident visa when I arrived in Australia and have been very good in offering me a full time position. I have been well supported. They even paid for me to upskill and maintain my Medication Endorsement.
I was new in the City when I started my job in St Vincent,but I adjusted quick in the industry by the help of wonderful people working in the organization.However,everything has pros and cons.So just be who you are and be kind to everyone.
Would definitely be back working with St Vincent's if given the opportunity. Pay was great, relaxed environment, great management team who just let you did your work.
Great place to work and gain experience. learnt lots of new skills throughout my time there. Is a fast paced environment and crucial for you to be able to keep up .
Worked in payroll and had an amazing and supportive team. Can get incredibly busy however and at times chaotic workloads. No expectation for any overtime however and my team leader and manager was well equipped with knowledge and experience to help out where needed. Overall good place to work if you can handle the busy pressures of the health industry.
Lovely facility, passionate, caring and patient-friendly. The staff here are very welcoming and it is a great place to develop skills within the industry.
Great place to work. The nurses are great and always helpful with new staff members.
Free staff parking would be more appreciated by all staff as it is rather expensive
Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent’s Health Australia. Our community is ready to answer.
4.2