St Vincent’s Health Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

St Vincent’s Health Australia Employee Reviews

3.9Work–Life Balance

Beautiful People to work with, feels like a family

Love working with the residents and team members here, we all help each other wherever we can to take the stress of another. It’s a pity the staff allocation ratio to residents is so small

Pros

Lovely team members

Cons

Lack of Staff

Challenging and difficult place to work.

If you're not a clinical staff member (nurse, doctor, allied health) you are treated bad.When taking on a management role, you are given little to no training or assistance in that role. Expected to learn on your own and magically know what to do.Decisions made by higher-ups make no sense and do not benefit team or hospital.As a single, child-free male employee, I was given mainly late shifts or 'floater' shifts. No work-life balance.Toxic work colleagues. Take their frustration and anger out on you if they're having a bad day, or go behind your back to bad mouth you.Lack of communication - receiving updates at either a moments notice or not at all.

Pros

Close to home

Cons

Difficulty in finding parking, no career advancement, lack of respect, I could go on.

Boring and politics

discriminative, old type culture, dominant, hard to progress. Internal references accepted. No career prospects or internal training opportunities. Waste of time.

productive rotations

good teaching in general and friendly staff proper patient management with up to date guidelines competitive environment great location to work the rotations provided can be very bad

Pros

teaching place

Cons

Rotations

Great people poor management

Group office was an excellent culture however the hospitals were hierarchical and old fashioned. People in general fantastic but management uninspiring

Pros

Nil

Cons

Nil

So good working environment.

It's a good hospital with all the facilities. The work environment is really good and the management is really helpful and good. Overall job at St Vincent Hospital is really good and I enjoyed a lot.

Stressful place, poor management and always short of staff

This place sucks, the management are just rude! especially one lady in particular, if you ever get a job there, you’ll quickly find out who she is....

Pros

The residents are lovely

Cons

Stuck up staff, rude management, always shortage of staff

Not a Company to Work For

St Vincent & Mater Health, mainly being Mater Hospital in Nth Sydney is not a company to work for as there is alot of bullying and harassment from management as well as no support. Management also have their favourite list and if you are not on it you had no chance of advancing your career. The team work was not good and the patient load was very difficult and poor. Once again I would not recommend this as a place to work.

Good place for learning new things

We feel good working atmosphere. I leaned many new skills like operating new machines and doing difficult tasks easily. The timings and tasks help me to shape my self.

good team work management supportive of workers

People are mainly polite and thoughtful of newcomers. strong evidence based learning experience being a tertiary hospital. Collaborative medical, nurses, allied health team and ward support. You can expect appreciation and compassion from your co workers in this fast paced work place.

Jobs at St Vincent’s Health Australia

See more jobs

Productive workplace with friendly people

it was an inclusive environment which allowed me to work diligently and understand that if i needed help i could easily ask one of my peers. The way it was managed was good, regular roster updates were weekly.

good

GOOD management, Nice HR, good staff and education. well qualified. a good place for a new nurse to learn nursing skills. Good relationship between staff and patients or between staff.

Empathy

Friendly Working Environment, Good teamwork, Maintain good relationships with patient and co-workers, avoid wastage of consumables, Follow policies and procedure.

Pros

Subsidised canteen facility / Avalibility of Food

Very good organisation.

I would recommend this organisation for someone who is interested to make good career. Although I had to leave this organisation I am still looking forward to work in the future.

Think again

At times the culture can be toxic. Blame and favouritism make an unpleasant work life. Managers can be inexperienced and lack qualifications to lead a team

Wonderful staff & great diversity in educational and professional development opportunities

It has been a pleasure working with staff across numerous disciplines at this hospital - everyone I have encountered is extremely friendly, supportive and helpful. There is also great diversity in available educational opportunities, and professional development is highly encouraged by managers and the Education Department

Great place to work.

Great work culture and benefits. In the department I worked in, work colleagues were like family and I still catch up With many of them. Plenty of opportunity to worked in other parts of the organisation.

Very happy working for this organisation

I have enjoyed working at St Vincent's Hospital. They sponsored my Regional Permanent Resident visa when I arrived in Australia and have been very good in offering me a full time position. I have been well supported. They even paid for me to upskill and maintain my Medication Endorsement.

Healthy work environment

I was new in the City when I started my job in St Vincent,but I adjusted quick in the industry by the help of wonderful people working in the organization.However,everything has pros and cons.So just be who you are and be kind to everyone.

An excellent place to work

Would definitely be back working with St Vincent's if given the opportunity. Pay was great, relaxed environment, great management team who just let you did your work.

great place to work

Great place to work and gain experience. learnt lots of new skills throughout my time there. Is a fast paced environment and crucial for you to be able to keep up .

Ask a question about working or interviewing at St Vincent’s Health Australia. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• St Vincent’s Health Australia