Staff Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Staff Australia Employee Reviews for Forklift Operator

Forklift Operator5 reviews
Australia5 reviews
At work it always strange because I work at different places.
The co-workers are good every day Australians.There is no choice you either take the job or no ie some jobs are night shift some day shift,it may be short or long distance drive to work and the starting time is never the same.

Work is fun because I enjoy working,the tasks are doable according to my training and experience.I did not encounter any kind of recisim so that was great.

I improved my work ethics such as time management and communication not only that my forklift operation has also improved.

Management is always friendly,am treated with respect.

The work place calture is no different to the Australian work place rules and regulations

I didn't realy find anything hard at the work place.Most of the time things tend to move smoothly.

The most enjoyable part of the job is completing my task at work.I also enjoyed good comments from my fellow workers and management.
Pros
Non
Cons
Work at diffrent locations
Absolutely the worse labor hire agency around,deceitful liars who lie about pay rates to get you into job but when you get your pay the rates are 2 dollars an hour lower.Apparently according to Worksafe and the Australian government your mental and physical well being is everything....this is not the case for Staff Australia...you go on one of their assignments and the client manager can talk to you like a dog and a pig...thats ok for them.But once you complain thats it youre labelled a troublemaker.When is the Australian government going to impose penalties for this kind of behavior .
Was treated like a number. After 5 months I was let go at an assignment without explanation or reason. I later found out it was because the client had seen someone stealing product from the warehouse, and I happened to be in the vicinity at the time so it was thought I was in on it.
Staff Australia treat their casuals like idiots, are dodgy when it comes to paying their employees, as I experienced on a number of occasions, and have a habit of drawing in potential employees by advertising a job and putting candidates on a completely different assignment to that advertised.

I think they and maybe 2 other agencies need to be investigated.
Pros
Money wasn't too bad
Cons
payroll incompetency, employees ill treated, dodgy
This is my first agency I've worked for,I have found them pretty good. Very easy to deal with and always good communication regarding work, rosters and general information.
Im a MC truck driver l can driver anything below that level and or higher such as road train l also have my fork license and cert3 in civil construction....My first job they sent me to was forklift work and some machine operating l spent NO more than 4minutes on a fork in the morning and stood in the one spot on concrete for 8hours,being a truck driver for over ten year and lm nearly 50 my back could not take it l was in pain so at the end of the day l called and said the job is unsuited for me and l wasn't told it was 95% warehousing..they paused l new they didn't like my decision l did not get paid for that days work the following week l called they said just wait till that Thursday so l did and nothing the next Monday l called and just got messed around no apology no reason and took no responsibility yep there great
Pros
Cons
nothing a con