Stantec Employee Reviews

I need job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Stamford, CT10 July 2019
I need a job for my salary it’s too lower my interest rate on federal income taxes to lower a budget cut for 250,000 in expanse on my house! on my auto insurance on my car so i want to pay interprune taxes for free in advance of my caeere
Work life balance if you let it
Project Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC5 July 2019
Stantec is an incredible company with incredible opportunities. There are many sectors within Stantec, so your advancement or management is dependent on the business line you are a part of. Overall, I would recommend an opportunity with Stantec. Compared to other companies in the same industry Stantec seems to pay low-medium, but the experience is worth it. I am happy to have been a past employee of Stantec.
Pressure, no support and little room for advancement
Senior Integrity Specialist (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB27 June 2019
Micromanaging, Integrity department is not good, total billable hours environment, if you have never worked in one research it, not a lot of fun, avoid if at all possible.
Good Company and People
Mechanical Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Binghamton, NY25 June 2019
I interned there for a summer and got a lot of exposure to a lot of different engineering techniques in the HVAC industry. Company seemed organized and people seemed happy with their jobs, good management.
Stantec is a very professional, yet relaxed company to work for.
Right Of Way Agent (Former Employee) –  Miami, FL18 June 2019
For the brief time I was employed at Stantec, I found the employees and management were very helpful and accommodating to new hires. Very extensive training program for safety of you, other employees and surrounding.
Pros
Very good health care program. Flexible with travel time.
Cons
The job ended way too soon.
Former staff in Community Development (Former Employee) –  Edmonton, AB8 June 2019
Stantec is a great place to work, grow, and develop professionally. Highly experienced staff and leaders. One of the biggest global design firms with roots in Edmonton.
Great starting point
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB6 June 2019
This was a wonderful company to learn all my Administration education from. Staff was wonderful and I had many different jobs to do. I enjoyed my work day and the people around me.
Excellente firme de génie conseil
Dir. - Expertise - Télécom et syst. intelligents (Current Employee) –  Montréal, QC29 May 2019
Culture d'entreprise axée sur les gens, faire ce qui est juste , le travaille d'équipe et la motivation à réussir.
99 % of the staff are excellent in supporting / creating a positive work atmosphere
Senior Construction Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Red Deer, AB13 May 2019
Professional place to work with friendly staff considering the size of the company, accommodations are very good when working out-of-town
Scheduled trips home when working out of town are reasonable
Excellent Experience in Arabtec
Project Control Manager (Current Employee) –  Toronto, ON8 May 2019
I learn a lot and they are the fairest company I have ever seen

They have a lot of project with a friendly atmosphere

I can say the fastest in the structure
Great professional environment with friendly and fun people.
Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Vancouver, BC24 April 2019
I was temping at Stantec and soon knew I wanted to stay there long-term. The office culture was friendly, supportive, and easy-going. It was a nice place to come-in to work to every day, I had no complains and had a great time!
Pros
nice people
Cons
can be boring, repetitive
It’s a job
Senior Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Alberta20 April 2019
Management is about overall numbers not quality. Big company mentality not concerned with client needs. They do provide nice work locations but the moral is very low in Oil and Gas
Pros
Security
Cons
Every other thing
Great Culture
Talent Acquisition Consultant (Current Employee) –  Irvine, CA19 April 2019
Very fast paced complex environment, lots of processes, not funded resources, good place to learn if you want to be challenged to go above and beyond.
Pros
Intellectually challenging
Cons
Heavy workload
Great job if you like to be over worked and under paid!
Project Accountant (Former Employee) –  Rocklin, CA11 April 2019
This place needs helps. Large organization but functions like a small organization. Over worked and under paid. Management could careless, just get the work done.
Benefits
Cons
Workload is outrageous
Excellent environment to learn professional experience
Landscape designer (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NV10 April 2019
I got to learn important fundamental of landscape architecture while working with City of Las Vegas and Department of Transportation. Design analysis and research process is critical and enhanced my design skills.
Pros
Working with excellent landscape architect
Cons
Company is intermixed with engineers.
very good
Senior Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Markham, ON8 April 2019
LAND DEVELOPMENT PROJECTS - GENERAL

Several (Atleast half a dozen projects) land development projects ranging from a total area of 500 acres to 2000 acres were managed by myself and were carried out on time and budget that include but not limited to determining the subdivisions, number and type of housing, planning and determining the number of lots for all detached and semi detached homes. With the land development projects come an important aspect of carrying out all the required work for all infrastructure and municipal services such as roads, bridges, culverts, water mains, sewers and sewage pumping stations.

Land development projects begins with a very important component and dedicated work of land surveying then modeling the complete site for the necessary earth works and grading which include massive and expensive earth works with the use of costly heavy earth work equipment and therefore, optimization is a must in order to keep the housing prices under control.

The selection of the type and size of houses is chosen and determined based on the area, type of potential house holds and finally the cost that should be affordable to existing buyers. Good and attractive marketing can play an important role to attract buyers and growth in the development area.

Currently, I am working and managing The DJ Johnson land development project that include a total area of 750 acres which will total to about 1000 detached and semi detached homes with all the necessary infrastructure and municipal services.
Pros
free gim
Cons
sufficient breaks
Professional Engineering Firm
Human Resources Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Calgary, AB22 March 2019
A great organization for professional experience and development. With Head office in Edmonton, senior leadership is not always available but a strong supervisor and relationship with leadership within your business unit will set you up for a great career.
Good benefits and culture
Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FL21 March 2019
I personally felt lost in a sea of people due to the size of the company. The bureaucratic nature of a large company slowly drove me nuts, but this is the case with any huge corporation. That being said, it provided all resources and help an employee may need along with excellent benefits and fair compensation.
Pros
good benefits
Cons
lots of bureaucracy
I enjoyed this position
Environmental Scientist (Former Employee) –  Nashville, TN21 March 2019
I am a military spouse and was treated quite fairly during times when my schedule was hectic or changing. While I don't believe I was paid accordingly, I was treated amazingly and given the choice, I would have never left this company.
Pros
Excellent work environment
Cons
Lacked mentoring and appropriate pay
Senior Materials Technician (Current Employee) –  Sydney, NS18 March 2019
Just to much focus on share prices the past 5 years, no real commitment to employees anymore, morale has been declining and losing alot of experienced workers
Pros
Lots of training provided
Cons
Morale is not like it use to be, focus shifted to share prices, lost a lot of good workers leaving as a result

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Stantec. Our community is ready to answer.