Staples
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

31: Staples Employee Reviews

Australia31 reviews

3.4Work–Life Balance

Found 31 reviews matching the searchSee all 12,280 reviews

Voice picking packing

staples was an stressful enviorment to work in had a family member working there as she was my boss and that made my life cause she bring work home and it affect the family so i quit as it was worth nor good to be around and having to deal with it at work love money was good at staples

Good job

I would work there again if I could great environment good people and always was busy. I’m a active person and it was the perfect job for me. It was a convenient job for me to get to had my own transport and the bosses were very straight forward when it comes to work which is great but also had great personality. I no longer work there but was great full for the job cause i learnt so much and became a better person not just personally but work ethic was 100 percent up a level

Pros

Always work

Cons

Nil

A good short term job

Went through 3 different General Managers in the year and a half I worked there. Management was always the issue when work at Staples. If they didn’t like you, they would find a way to drive you out of the company.

Poor management

During my time here the boss was not very good, the staff were trained poorly and the management wasn't very great, i did not enjoy working here and left after a short period of time

Its really wonderful experience

I am very happy working at staples australia and moreover it was really fun, joy, friendly people, caring and helpful its really good experience. Staff n management was really very good.

Winc (previously Staples) is an enjoyable place to work and the employees are easy to talk to and to ask questions if required. The warehouse is kept clean and is a safe place to work.

Pros

Happy employees

Cons

Business closed their doors for Retail section

Would go back if asked to nice friendly group to work with you filt like family member good place to work in everybody got along in work and out of work place

Pros

Close to home

Staples

This was a rewarding and great place to work. I worked autonomosly on my own and with others. Hardest part of the job was when needing a break and the store was still open. This site is now closed and staples is no longer known by this name. They are now known as WINC.

Production, fun workplace and good workers

A typical day at work as a removalist offsider is hopping into the truck going to the first house/unit help load up the truck with furniture and unloading the trucks which takes abit of energy, heavy lifting and you need to have good listening skills. Im always learning something new everyday always looking forward to learning something. The Work place culture is like one big happy family good/funny hard workers. Hardest part would be trying to carry your own body weight down or up stairs. Enjoyable part of the job would have to be meeting so many great people.

Pros

Free water

WINC formerly Staples Australia

A typical day at work involves analysing your current pipeline and implementing sales strategies. This includes contacting customers and setting face to face meetings, reviewing client accounts and identifying new opportunities and preparing quotes and proposals. Management strategy has changed recently towards a flat management structure particularly in middle management. This is to create a leaner accountable team. Overall the workplace culture is good with many people supporting each other. The hardest part about the job is the amount of internal team and supplier meetings. The most enjoyable part of the job is looking after customers.

Pros

Great team

Cons

Open Plan Office

Excellent team building workplace

A very supportive workplace and understanding of the needs of this worker who has an ABI disability. The training was well paced and very hands on so I was always sure that I was learning the correct process.

Pros

Excellent team building and supportive work environment

Cons

No cons

good at production n friendly atmosphere

good at sales n distribution, one of the top companies in australia. Friendly atmosphere with good wages n 5 day week. no wrok pressure all the time, only during busy schedules. only day shift.

Worst company EVER

This company is SO disorganised and middle management heavy. They chase their tails and do not care for their clients or employees at all. I am not disgruntled and left of my own accord but this place is a circus.

Owner driver 2 tonne van

Company full of liers big promises nothing else.worst company to work for or in another words modern slavery. They promise you to make good money but in reality you won't be able to survive after paying all expenses. They will promise you good run consistent income and minimum income.

Pros

Nothing other than work for free

Cons

Worst Management just care abt their bonus(no idea what they doing)

sale of company making me feel vulnerable

staples is a great company to work for with 60000 skus and the variety of work and challenges is fantastic with the sale of Staple US and now Aust/NZ up for sale it is making me feel that the same will happen here as previous roles with companies closing and changing and future unclear for me I am looking for a variety of roles with a clear future, stability, and always looking to grow and advance

Great Organisation to work

Staples is a great organisation to spend your valued years as it helps you grow as a professional. With a strong work ethic and a good leadership team, it is the place to keep going.

Pros

Great working environment, great people

Cons

experience can be department specific

Start early finish early

Have been working in the transport industry the last 12 years. Time has come to move on to something different. I've learned a lot about about safety on the road and in the workplace and hope to bring this experience in life into the workplace.

Great place to develop Skillset

My experience with Staples was not very good .. hardly six months at work was made redundant. There was no equal opportunity.,no job security. Lot of favourism by Manger.

This was a casual position. This position was via Skilled Australia

I enjoyed my first experience within this company while I was a casual working through Skilled Australia. It is from this enjoyable experience that I endeavoured to gain employment with the company.

Excellent

Have learnt many life lessons working at staples productions, friendly team very efficient. So many things to learn about the programs that help with the lights and the actions you can do. Music and lighting sequence.

Great work place

Nope just that I have a blasted working there, with some of the most amazing people in the IT Department. Just go in and clock in and start. You learn something new everyday sometimes the tasks are hard but you learn to cope with it and ask if need be. My used to be co- workers were like family to me helped me when I'm stuck. My supervisor was great and funny too my I add which liven the work load a bit. There hardest part was looking for the products but was in another area but you get by just by asking around. The most enjoyable part working there are those that I worked with, like I said before they were like family to me.

Pros

sometimes free lunches, friendly people, just a great work place in general

Cons

none for me anyways

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Staples. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Staples