Star Health
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Star Health Employee Reviews

I like the present work but still I would like to shift to other place for good clinical practice and salary hike to continue my service to the people
A normal day will be that you will give the staff your availability and they will ask if you felt strong or weak in areas before sending you to medical center downtown Houston, Tx and surrounding hospitals. HCA hospital were my number one choice with strong background in tele, med-surg, rehab and others. The company felt good having me .I was very flexible and stayed over on many shifts as an agency nurse. The pay was good and I loved the idea of having the opportunity to get paid daily or weekly. Mr. Fred N. was the best yet. The house supervisors loved and respected and could count on me.If there was a shortage on different floors, they will pull me because I was easy-going and did a good job.Had many offers to come on board but needed to stay flexible at that time.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
no benefits
I open the office recive the patients verify elgibility and prepare the records. I call them in for the services. Once they recived there services I collecct the copayments and turn them in with a daily sheet. I learned the compleate procedure to manage a medical office. My coworkers have a lot of initiative. The hardest part of my job is when a paitient does not come prepared to recive the services and I have to change his appoinment. The best part of my job is when I see that a paitient improves his health.
Pros
retirement plan
Cons
no health insurance
STAR has been a wonderful place to work and learn. The staff works well as a team to provide the best health care to our clients. The C-level staff as well as my peers all supported my decision to return to school and were very instrumental in helping me to complete my thesis.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Star Health. Our community is ready to answer.
4.3