STAR PHARMACY GROUP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

STAR PHARMACY GROUP Employee Reviews

Australia11 reviews
Definitely don't recommend!
The worst place I've worked for in my life, I've never had any issues in my previous jobs but this one was non stop bullying and mistreatment! Management don't believe junior pharmacy assistants are entitled to weekend as "their jobs aren't difficult enough" you're expected to cover every full timers shifts even if it's your only day off. You're expected to cancel all appointments on rostered days off if they call you in. Pharmacists are awful they believe they are the backbone of the stores and treat their staff horribly. Keep store gifts for whole staff for themselves. Absolutely awful
Stressful with no support
Do not waste your time, if you value your mental health don't do it. No support, the culture is the same as kids in a school yard. The pharmacist manager has absolutely no people skills, when complaints made the owners managed people out of the business. Disgusting culture don't waste your time.
Woukdnt reccomend
Wouldnt reccomend working here, waste of energy very draining - management doesnt listen to issues you have to live with it , make complaints get bullied
Don’t bother!
Depending on what store your placed in will determine your overall satisfaction with this company. Staff employed in some stores are unfriendly to work with and seem only in it for themselves which leads to a bullying culture. Lack of support from Upper Management when issues are brought up. Very much a “suck it up” attitude! Low pay rates also with no chance of a pay rise. Worst company I’ve ever worked for
If you are not from pharmacy background dont do it
Was the absolute worst experience of my career. Was approached by recruiter for Star Pharmacy. Sounded like an amazing opportunity. People I met in Head Office were lovely. Lots of promises made on training, none of it was given. Culture in store was horrendous. I lasted 8 weeks before I walked out as my mental health was more important than trying to change a toxic culture.
Supportive, enjoyable and great training.
I’ve worked for Star pharmacy group for 5 years. I began as a stock controller and have now moved into a business analyst role at the national support office. Star has continually given me the training and encouragement to reach my goals. My colleagues are supportive and fun.

Not only do I receive support in my daily work, I have received a lot of support and great understanding for when I had my son. I definitely feel like the company wants you to enjoy a work life balance.
Pros
Great culture
Great staff
Most staff are friendly and cooperative. Not much support from the main pharmacy group, management, staffing and management systems not put in place.

Workplace culture needs a lot of improvement. Better people with leadership skills in managerial positions are needed. Poor attitude displayed by management towards staff.

Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged. Only the people in management are rewarded, not the hard work of staff.
Pros
At the beginning, a fun and friendly team
Cons
Poor workplace culture & professionalism at the workplace. Low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas. No pay advancement.
Fun, supportive work collegues
fun, easy going place to work. Not alot of support from the main pharmacy group and management systems not put in place.

Learned alot about mental health and the education that is required for all people working in this field to reduce the stigma and have a better understanding of looking at the person before the disability.

Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged

Pay very low one of the lowest paid professions
Pros
great customers, happy environment, great work collegues
Cons
low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas
Excellent Executive team - great place to work
great variety of work;
excellent and dedicated staff who love what they do;

experts in their own field;

executive team are excellent to work with;

great mentors and coaches available;

growing industry 47 stores and counting;

National Support Office in South Australia (Kent Town)
Pros
Monthly and Yearly Employee Awards
Cons
Work/life balance not very balanced
Proactive, fast paced, friendly & enjoyable environment
Working with the CEO of the Star Pharmacy Group is always a fast paced, enjoyable experience. His amazing management style is an asset to the organisation and being able to work beside him is a fantastic experience.

Learning the way Pharmacies are run, the different positions within various stores, how they are managed from a head office with multiple departments that all fit in together and work to make the Star Pharmacy Group a success that it is today makes it a pleasure to work there.

The team culture is of a very high standard, the management team do an amazing job to make sure their staff are happy and enjoying their roles.

I am happy that I am able to work part time and still feel like an integral part of the team. The hardest part of my job is not being able to have extra hours in the position that I feel like I fit in most; hence the reason that I am seeking another job with more hours.
Pros
flexability to be a professional and still have time to be a mum, good culture, amazing CEO and Team Members
Cons
Not being able to have more hours, salary.
A broad and enjoyable working environment
I have enjoyed my time whilst I have been a employee at Star Pharmacy. I is a high paced and sometimes stressful environment at times but adapting and being part of a team via communication and time management has taught me how to multi task to ensure each task at hand is completed.

I feel my product and customer service knowledge are great qualities instilled in me to take to the next work place in future. In this role I have learnt about myself, challenged myself and personally have got a great understand of a work/ life balance.

The co workers are great. I have adapted to many staff changes in the over four years I have worked there. eg: pharmacists, locum pharmacists, change in retail management, university students being casual and then completing their degree and moving on. I get told daily by my general customers that if I was too move on they would want to follow me and keep in touch.

The hardest part of the job is honestly the owners being in Melbourne and watching the communication between stores and management be very weak at times. It can be frustrating when catalogue time rocks around and stock coming from Melbourne isn't always on time leading to have to apologize to customers, the outcome not looking fantastic from where us staff stand from.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day, having the patience to have the 5 minute chat too them about what is going on in their life if they feel the need to talk about it. I love hearing great feedback from my customer service, or the outcome of the customer using a product I recommended.The
 - more...
Pros
Free make up products when they are discontinued and free vitamins when they have gone out of date
Cons
No cons