STAR PHARMACY GROUP Employee Reviews

Great staff
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Qld17 December 2018
Most staff are friendly and cooperative. Not much support from the main pharmacy group, management, staffing and management systems not put in place.

Workplace culture needs a lot of improvement. Better people with leadership skills in managerial positions are needed. Poor attitude displayed by management towards staff.

Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged. Only the people in management are rewarded, not the hard work of staff.
Pros
At the beginning, a fun and friendly team
Cons
Poor workplace culture & professionalism at the workplace. Low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas. No pay advancement.
Excellent Executive team - great place to work
National Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA1 March 2017
great variety of work;
excellent and dedicated staff who love what they do;
experts in their own field;
executive team are excellent to work with;
great mentors and coaches available;
growing industry 47 stores and counting;
National Support Office in South Australia (Kent Town)
Pros
Monthly and Yearly Employee Awards
Cons
Work/life balance not very balanced
Proactive, fast paced, friendly & enjoyable environment
Executive & Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Adelaide SA23 March 2015
Working with the CEO of the Star Pharmacy Group is always a fast paced, enjoyable experience. His amazing management style is an asset to the organisation and being able to work beside him is a fantastic experience.

Learning the way Pharmacies are run, the different positions within various stores, how they are managed from a head office with multiple departments that all fit in together and work to make the Star Pharmacy Group a success that it is today makes it a pleasure to work there.

The team culture is of a very high standard, the management team do an amazing job to make sure their staff are happy and enjoying their roles.

I am happy that I am able to work part time and still feel like an integral part of the team. The hardest part of my job is not being able to have extra hours in the position that I feel like I fit in most; hence the reason that I am seeking another job with more hours.
Pros
flexability to be a professional and still have time to be a mum, good culture, amazing CEO and Team Members
Cons
Not being able to have more hours, salary.
A broad and enjoyable working environment
Pharmacy Assistant Full time (Current Employee) –  Lansell Square Bendigo9 December 2013
I have enjoyed my time whilst I have been a employee at Star Pharmacy. I is a high paced and sometimes stressful environment at times but adapting and being part of a team via communication and time management has taught me how to multi task to ensure each task at hand is completed.

I feel my product and customer service knowledge are great qualities instilled in me to take to the next work place in future. In this role I have learnt about myself, challenged myself and personally have got a great understand of a work/ life balance.

The co workers are great. I have adapted to many staff changes in the over four years I have worked there. eg: pharmacists, locum pharmacists, change in retail management, university students being casual and then completing their degree and moving on. I get told daily by my general customers that if I was too move on they would want to follow me and keep in touch.

The hardest part of the job is honestly the owners being in Melbourne and watching the communication between stores and management be very weak at times. It can be frustrating when catalogue time rocks around and stock coming from Melbourne isn't always on time leading to have to apologize to customers, the outcome not looking fantastic from where us staff stand from.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day, having the patience to have the 5 minute chat too them about what is going on in their life if they feel the need to talk about it. I love hearing great feedback from my customer service, or the outcome of the customer using a product I recommended.The
  more... customers I serve have more than likely left a doctor surgery being worn out and drained from waiting or are experiencing a serious illness, so sparking up their day and having a laugh is wonderful to see. Its also nice to have involvement in meeting extending family members and customers children knowing me by first name.  less
Pros
Free make up products when they are discontinued and free vitamins when they have gone out of date
Cons
No cons