STAR PHARMACY GROUP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
STAR PHARMACY GROUP Employee Review

A broad and enjoyable working environment

9 December 2013
I have enjoyed my time whilst I have been a employee at Star Pharmacy. I is a high paced and sometimes stressful environment at times but adapting and being part of a team via communication and time management has taught me how to multi task to ensure each task at hand is completed. I feel my product and customer service knowledge are great qualities instilled in me to take to the next work place in future. In this role I have learnt about myself, challenged myself and personally have got a great understand of a work/ life balance. The co workers are great. I have adapted to many staff changes in the over four years I have worked there. eg: pharmacists, locum pharmacists, change in retail management, university students being casual and then completing their degree and moving on. I get told daily by my general customers that if I was too move on they would want to follow me and keep in touch. The hardest part of the job is honestly the owners being in Melbourne and watching the communication between stores and management be very weak at times. It can be frustrating when catalogue time rocks around and stock coming from Melbourne isn't always on time leading to have to apologize to customers, the outcome not looking fantastic from where us staff stand from. The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day, having the patience to have the 5 minute chat too them about what is going on in their life if they feel the need to talk about it. I love hearing great feedback from my customer service, or the outcome of the customer using a product I recommended.The - more...
Pros
Free make up products when they are discontinued and free vitamins when they have gone out of date
Cons
No cons
21 September 2020
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) - Adelaide SA
Great place to work if you're a student or have a family needing to juggle different work times. My retail manager was a nice person who worked hard to help me fit work and parenting duties together in my life.
Pros
Flexible hours, good manager
21 September 2020
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) - Cardiff NSW
I worked across both stores in Cardiff and both stores have gone through plenty of change over the past 6-12 months. Both stores now have positive culture and supportive leaders in place that genuinely want to provide the best service to the community. I highly recommend working at either stores given the recent changes and look forward to developing my career within the group.
Pros
Supportive Team Culture, Development Opportunities, Great Place to Work
Cons
Past Culture was Negative - Culture has drastically improved over past 6-12 months
22 March 2020
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) - Waterford West QLD
The worst place I've worked for in my life, I've never had any issues in my previous jobs but this one was non stop bullying and mistreatment! Management don't believe junior pharmacy assistants are entitled to weekend as "their jobs aren't difficult enough" you're expected to cover every full timers shifts even if it's your only day off. You're expected to cancel all appointments on rostered days off if they call you in. Pharmacists are awful they believe they are the backbone of the stores and treat their staff horribly. Keep store gifts for whole staff for themselves. Absolutely awful
  1. A broad and enjoyable working environment