STAR PHARMACY GROUP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

STAR PHARMACY GROUP Culture reviews

Most staff are friendly and cooperative. Not much support from the main pharmacy group, management, staffing and management systems not put in place. Workplace culture needs a lot of improvement. Better people with leadership skills in managerial positions are needed. Poor attitude displayed by management towards staff. Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged. Only the people in management are rewarded, not the hard work of staff.
Pros
At the beginning, a fun and friendly team
Cons
Poor workplace culture & professionalism at the workplace. Low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas. No pay advancement.
I worked across both stores in Cardiff and both stores have gone through plenty of change over the past 6-12 months. Both stores now have positive culture and supportive leaders in place that genuinely want to provide the best service to the community. I highly recommend working at either stores given the recent changes and look forward to developing my career within the group.
Pros
Supportive Team Culture, Development Opportunities, Great Place to Work
Cons
Past Culture was Negative - Culture has drastically improved over past 6-12 months
Do not waste your time, if you value your mental health don't do it. No support, the culture is the same as kids in a school yard. The pharmacist manager has absolutely no people skills, when complaints made the owners managed people out of the business. Disgusting culture don't waste your time.
Depending on what store your placed in will determine your overall satisfaction with this company. Staff employed in some stores are unfriendly to work with and seem only in it for themselves which leads to a bullying culture. Lack of support from Upper Management when issues are brought up. Very much a “suck it up” attitude! Low pay rates also with no chance of a pay rise. Worst company I’ve ever worked for
Was the absolute worst experience of my career. Was approached by recruiter for Star Pharmacy. Sounded like an amazing opportunity. People I met in Head Office were lovely. Lots of promises made on training, none of it was given. Culture in store was horrendous. I lasted 8 weeks before I walked out as my mental health was more important than trying to change a toxic culture.
I’ve worked for Star pharmacy group for 5 years. I began as a stock controller and have now moved into a business analyst role at the national support office. Star has continually given me the training and encouragement to reach my goals. My colleagues are supportive and fun. Not only do I receive support in my daily work, I have received a lot of support and great understanding for when I had my son. I definitely feel like the company wants you to enjoy a work life balance.
Pros
Great culture
Working with the CEO of the Star Pharmacy Group is always a fast paced, enjoyable experience. His amazing management style is an asset to the organisation and being able to work beside him is a fantastic experience. Learning the way Pharmacies are run, the different positions within various stores, how they are managed from a head office with multiple departments that all fit in together and work to make the Star Pharmacy Group a success that it is today makes it a pleasure to work there. The team culture is of a very high standard, the management team do an amazing job to make sure their staff are happy and enjoying their roles. I am happy that I am able to work part time and still feel like an integral part of the team. The hardest part of my job is not being able to have extra hours in the position that I feel like I fit in most; hence the reason that I am seeking another job with more hours.
Pros
flexability to be a professional and still have time to be a mum, good culture, amazing CEO and Team Members
Cons
Not being able to have more hours, salary.