STAR PHARMACY GROUP
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

STAR PHARMACY GROUP Job Security & Advancement reviews

Most staff are friendly and cooperative. Not much support from the main pharmacy group, management, staffing and management systems not put in place. Workplace culture needs a lot of improvement. Better people with leadership skills in managerial positions are needed. Poor attitude displayed by management towards staff. Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged. Only the people in management are rewarded, not the hard work of staff.
Pros
At the beginning, a fun and friendly team
Cons
Poor workplace culture & professionalism at the workplace. Low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas. No pay advancement.
I worked across both stores in Cardiff and both stores have gone through plenty of change over the past 6-12 months. Both stores now have positive culture and supportive leaders in place that genuinely want to provide the best service to the community. I highly recommend working at either stores given the recent changes and look forward to developing my career within the group.
Pros
Supportive Team Culture, Development Opportunities, Great Place to Work
Cons
Past Culture was Negative - Culture has drastically improved over past 6-12 months
Was the absolute worst experience of my career. Was approached by recruiter for Star Pharmacy. Sounded like an amazing opportunity. People I met in Head Office were lovely. Lots of promises made on training, none of it was given. Culture in store was horrendous. I lasted 8 weeks before I walked out as my mental health was more important than trying to change a toxic culture.
fun, easy going place to work. Not alot of support from the main pharmacy group and management systems not put in place. Learned alot about mental health and the education that is required for all people working in this field to reduce the stigma and have a better understanding of looking at the person before the disability. Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged Pay very low one of the lowest paid professions
Pros
great customers, happy environment, great work collegues
Cons
low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas
great variety of work; excellent and dedicated staff who love what they do; experts in their own field; executive team are excellent to work with; great mentors and coaches available; growing industry 47 stores and counting; National Support Office in South Australia (Kent Town)
Pros
Monthly and Yearly Employee Awards
Cons
Work/life balance not very balanced