STAR PHARMACY GROUP Employee Review

View all STAR PHARMACY GROUP reviews

A broad and enjoyable working environment
Pharmacy Assistant Full time (Current Employee) –  Lansell Square Bendigo9 December 2013
I have enjoyed my time whilst I have been a employee at Star Pharmacy. I is a high paced and sometimes stressful environment at times but adapting and being part of a team via communication and time management has taught me how to multi task to ensure each task at hand is completed.

I feel my product and customer service knowledge are great qualities instilled in me to take to the next work place in future. In this role I have learnt about myself, challenged myself and personally have got a great understand of a work/ life balance.

The co workers are great. I have adapted to many staff changes in the over four years I have worked there. eg: pharmacists, locum pharmacists, change in retail management, university students being casual and then completing their degree and moving on. I get told daily by my general customers that if I was too move on they would want to follow me and keep in touch.

The hardest part of the job is honestly the owners being in Melbourne and watching the communication between stores and management be very weak at times. It can be frustrating when catalogue time rocks around and stock coming from Melbourne isn't always on time leading to have to apologize to customers, the outcome not looking fantastic from where us staff stand from.

The most enjoyable part of the job is making someone's day, having the patience to have the 5 minute chat too them about what is going on in their life if they feel the need to talk about it. I love hearing great feedback from my customer service, or the outcome of the customer using a product I recommended.The
  more... customers I serve have more than likely left a doctor surgery being worn out and drained from waiting or are experiencing a serious illness, so sparking up their day and having a laugh is wonderful to see. Its also nice to have involvement in meeting extending family members and customers children knowing me by first name.  less
Pros
Free make up products when they are discontinued and free vitamins when they have gone out of date
Cons
No cons

Other STAR PHARMACY GROUP Employee Reviews

Great staff
Pharmacy Assistant (Current Employee) –  Qld17 December 2018
Most staff are friendly and cooperative. Not much support from the main pharmacy group, management, staffing and management systems not put in place.

Workplace culture needs a lot of improvement. Better people with leadership skills in managerial positions are needed. Poor attitude displayed by management towards staff.

Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged. Only the people in management are rewarded, not the hard work of staff.
Pros
At the beginning, a fun and friendly team
Cons
Poor workplace culture & professionalism at the workplace. Low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas. No pay advancement.
Fun, supportive work collegues
Pharmacy Assistant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide SA4 September 2017
fun, easy going place to work. Not alot of support from the main pharmacy group and management systems not put in place.

Learned alot about mental health and the education that is required for all people working in this field to reduce the stigma and have a better understanding of looking at the person before the disability.

Incentives and rewards from exceptional work not acknowleged

Pay very low one of the lowest paid professions
Pros
great customers, happy environment, great work collegues
Cons
low pay, inability for advancement in company, lack of support with ideas