Starbucks
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Starbucks Employee Reviews

3.7Work–Life Balance

Found 62 reviews matching the searchSee all 50,001 reviews

Great as a team member but not management

The area manager for my area was spineless and couldn't do what was needed to be done. So when someone strong enough came along to do it there was no support. She cut the legs from under you just to look good. She would throw anyone under the bus to get ahead and that goes for her team. No-one wanted to stand their ground incase they were thrown under as well.Team members can walk over you and upper management will not stand up for you.

Worst job!

Personally, I had an extremely horrible experience in regard to working at Starbucks. At the start, management and staff were great and understanding although when support was needed, there was the bare minimum to nothing. Pay was low for the work that was done, was given many hours, although not in time with my shift hours, and said if we are not able to work more than 3 days for any reason, that we should quit regardless of a situation we may be in. Was always put on for the closing shift, and if we stayed back past our shift, we were not always paid for that time as it was considered our fault. Management was always picking favourites with employees. Do not advise you to work here at all unless your only there for the 50% off whilst working.

Pros

50% everything on shift, 20% off shift, Breaks were always managed.

Cons

Horrible management, low pay.

excellent

a challenging job with many rewards and fun times with colleagues. Keeping the stores ticking over and running smoothly with minimum downtime was a challenge and liaising with different departments was a pleasure

Pros

free coffee

Fast paced

Faced paced working environment Stressful working conditions Lack of management from higher ups questionable upper management Best part was working with friends

was very productive

It help me to Grow my skills like time management, team work. i find myself very fast working after few months of joining there.have a very great opportunity to grow in personal and career wise.

Some tips to improve the work

Work at starbucks is really good to students or in the begging of the carrear. The wage is not good. Because all team work a lot and they are not recognized. If you dona good is your obligation. Coffee at home should contemple the barista who most sold in that specific day.

The Work Itself is Tough

No matter how friendly my colleagues were, the work was very tiresome, especially at busy stores. Certain pockets of workers can be toxic as the work is rather stressful so the workplace culture could be considered quite poor.

very faced paced

extremly busy store, very fast paced and always on your toes. really good team work and flow with theteam and the customers and always positive attitues

A very fun place to work with managers who care

Management and the district management are really caring and genuinely passionate about the company and the staff. The CEO is highly involved in the operations and is the first CEO of a company that I have worked for that I have actually had a conversation with. Fellow staff members are generally very friendly and great to work with.

Poor management and bad pay

pay their workers quite poorly and the whole set up of starbucks isn't efficient. Food and beverages are WAYYYY too overpriced. they also don't roster enough people on each shift so its always stressful

Fun workplace

Nice place to work, we learn a lot and work a lot! We don't stop all day, but it is a fun place to work. The place is always busy and it takes a lot of responsabilities.

Management let down the work environment

The way the store manager at the time handled the store was horrific and triggered a lot of mental stress for myself and other workers so much so that i had to quit for my own health. Workers and the training provided by other staff was amazing. NO rushing or forceful behaviours. Everything was completed at the comfortability of my pace.

Pros

clean, fresh store

Cons

short shifts, low salary

Great experience

It is a fast paced work environment and depends on which store you're gonna work at, some busier place can be really challenging for some people. Although it can be stressful at times, as long as you have a great team it is gonna be fun.

decent workplace with nice friends

if you like fast paced environment and lots of shifts then this is the place for you, Starbucks is a very fast paced environment with lots of interaction with customers and coffee!

Terrible management

High turnover rate. I had to quit due to terrible management, which caused a major decrease in employee satisfaction, employee morale and happiness in our store. The store managers caused emotional stress within myself and other employees, eventually leading to my own and many others resignation. Made several complaints to higher management from a lot of different employees, but nothing was done.

Best warehouse job

Working at Starbuck Roasting Plant was a real blessing in my life the work was not back breaking the pay was good and the work environment is awesome.

Low pay for lots of stress, but good people

I've enjoyed most of my time at Starbucks, but the pay really does not make up for everything you do. It is extremely fast-paced, so you must work fast and confidently. From managers asking you to do extra work, stay behind without being paid, to guilting you into working when you're really sick, it's just poorly run from higher ups - so much focus is put on cutting costs, it really takes away from actually enjoying the job. Experience will vary store to store, with some stores having a good culture to others being so poor people quit after the first shift. Additionally, do not work here if you care about the environment - there is literally SO much wastage, it's morally awful to work here. Everything from food, milk, water and plastic is wasted daily if not hourly, which takes a toll. However, even with poor management, bad hours and extreme wastage, if you have a good team at your store, you'll form lifelong bonds - the culture at Starbucks is great between baristas, I guess bonding over how bad things can get really strengthens friendship.

Pros

free coffee, great team, easy work

Cons

bad management, employees are treated as replaceable

Fun loving place good starting ground.

Starbucks is a company that heavily relies on team work. Yet with hard work and kindness, it pays off at the end. Giving a worker the confidence and positivity to do most tasks.

High turnover, pay not equal to work expected

Been employed for a couple of years, budgets are tight so labour is scarce, expected to do a lot more than being paid for, loss of penalty rates, overall training not the best

Very enjoyable, unorganised workplace

Overall a great workplace if you’re in the right store. Made lots of good friends here. Always hated how wasteful they were though and there were some very long hard hours.

Pros

Free drinks

Cons

very messy, no order

Great working environment

Starbucks prides themselves on great quality, both service and goods wise. Extra care is taken for its employers as they build healthy customer and server relationships, to personalize each experience. very healthy workplace

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Starbucks. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

18.8K