State Library of Victoria Employee Review

View all State Library of Victoria reviews

This organization was well diversed with so many emoloyees from over the world.
Librarian (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC30 March 2017
Great Company
Nice Staff

They treat people fairly. They pay people decently and give them good benefits.

I loved working at the here except dealing with a lot of racism and cut throat when it comes to time of advancement. I learned all of my work skills, knowledge, and ethnics here. Unfortunately, I worked in a section that when our original boss left, so did our promotions and chances of development. I enjoyed being a part of the dependable team that made the daily operations smooth. I also learned about treachery, deceit, and all the things that the government really don't want you to know. If your fortunate enough to land a position at this company where there is growth potential, you should take it.
Pros
Had a health service office conveniently to manage all staff members health needs.
Cons
set up for failure, not all positions have advancement

Other State Library of Victoria Employee Reviews

Supervisor of Collections Access Team (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC20 March 2017
There is always something going on the SLV, ever-changing exhibitions, media releases, guest speakers and special events. So much knowledge and a diverse range of visitors.
Pros
So many great books to choose from