State Street
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update
Information from State Street:

State Street Employee Reviews

Australia18 reviews
the company has a mixed workplace culture, get to work with people from different backgrounds and regions. It is quite an experience working in State Street
For the most part State Street is a pleasant place to work. Benefits are good, pay could be better given the cost of living in the office I worked in. Can end up working long hours but senior will/do recognise hard work and commitment.
The company has a great relaxed and productive atmosphere despite of the very hectic and challenging jobs especially working the Fund Group. It was one of the ideal workplace to work. The management always encourages employees to gain professional growth. They always provide rewards and appreciation to employees who works hard.
Reviewing unit prices and send to clients, answering clients queries and resolve. Building relationship with internal and external stakeholders. The culture is normally good but have to adapt to. The hardest part of the job is to think logically and resolve any complex issues when arised
Pros
learning and talking to different people
Cons
long hour sometimes
I was part of the collateral team, it was a small team of 6. I would check trades and fix any broken trades by emailing or calling clients or representatives. I would create daily files and input the days date, work on procedures and check offshores work. On the odd occasion I would host meetings and once quarterly we would have a role reversal which means learning parts of the jobs others done to grow my knowledge.
Our team and the other 3 smaller teams on our floor would all have works nights out on Fridays and were all very friendly!

My manager and boss were very supportive and helped me to grow my knowledge and experience in all aspects of the job and helped me reach my deadlines and bonuses.
good company to work for, very helpful managers. Could be better pay. Worked as a summer intern, got plenty of hands on experience. would recommend to a friend
SSGM is a good place to work.

Especially in Australia.

Salary is so so but is work life balance.

SSGM people is good and office location is comparably good.
This is a fund managing company. The work starts from 8am to sometimes 10pm or even 2am the following day, depending on what day of the month. it is extremely busy at the year end and you are expected to work without being paid overtime.

The role is very demanding, but little rewarding.
Pros
Young environment
Cons
Lots of areas to work into. I do not think I had a typical experience in working for State street as I worked from home and there was never any expected chances for advancement.
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at State Street?
Answering incoming queries from Clients. learned a lot from colleagues regarding in-house system MCH - Multi Currency Horizon.
Great culture - people are friendly.

Hardest part of the job is learning the systems and process structure (there is a lot of procedures - but it lacks standard operating procedures).

Most enjoyable part of the job is learning new things each day.
Pros
day off on your birthday
Cons
demanding work hours
- Learnt how to work as part of a team effectively and also on my own.
- Open door management style adopted there which allowed for questions at any time and feedback on performance as needed

- Very interactive team that worked very effectively together

- Hardest part of my job was working to such tight deadlines, if things went wrong and had to wait for clarification on a problem from a colleague in a different country, where time zones were different

- Most enjoyable part was seeing the whole process of buying and selling shares come together and the buzz of the job

- A typical day at work was always been ready to accept change and not knowing if any issues were going to arise or if it was going to be a straightforward day with little or no issues.
Pros
Subsidised health care
Cons
Lower wages than most
Benefits include;

- technology and ability to work from home when required

- multicultural team

- close communication with regional and global teams in problem resolution

- flexible working hours, according to work requirements
Pros
free dinners and taxi rides home after standard hours work
Cons
Long hours when high workloads
This is a great company and a job experience for young people entering Finance industry. Iconic building in the center of a beautiful City.
Major International Investment Banker.
Good benefits.

Learnt a lot about investment banking.

Good co-workers.

Hardest part was dealing with the Client.
The culture in State street or to be exact where i was is toxic, lots of micro"managememts, no connection between the " High above "' and the lower staff, sometimes quite unprofessionals . I would definitely give it a miss going forward.
People said that ''Dont burn bridges ", but i say this is one bridge i will burn..
Pros
lots of free training for staff to take advantage of
Cons
very long hours, mid night is the norm ...why ?
Experienced Exchange Traded Funds (ETF) professional with key skills in sales, marketing, new business development, relationship management and training and presentations, I have well-developed sales relationships within the broker, IFA, private banking and institutional channels. My key accounts include Morgan Stanley Wealth, Morgans Financial, Macquarie Private Bank, Credit Suisse Private Bank, Goldman Sachs Private Bank and the larger IFA/SMSF Market.
A great place to start however you might be required to work longer hours
Pros
Great place to start
Cons
salary might be a little low
The company is very slow in responding to interviews both internally/externally.

Company structure has varied a lot over the recent years due to business transformation, and dont always take what management say as gospel.

Their management structure is probably the same as most companies, however it should become more academic given the line of work. People should not be promoted simply to fill a position, but because they have shown the potential to do the role and deserve a form of reward for their hard work and service.
Pros
Refectory is pretty good
Cons
Inconsistancies and miscommunication across the board.