STELLAR
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews
Here to help
Coronavirus update

STELLAR Employee Reviews

Australia24 reviews
Learned new skills and systems. Worked rostered shifts. Weekly meetings with management. Regular KPI performance assessments. Pleasant working environment. Job sometimes stressful. Co workers were very helpful.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Long hours.
They are very accomodating in answering some of our inquiry especially concerning our employment. Everyone is nice, especially it's my first time working abroad so I need to adjust a lot but in stellar, they make sure that I understand everything.
Not great for long term. They don't give references when you leave, so that is an issue. Some bullying occurs. Work spaces dirty. The small nice things like fortnightly free lunch doesn't make up for the negatives.
Good fun with work colleagues if you make friends, good incentive programme, lots of fund raising days and fun days like food days, pj days, but management can be not very supportive which is a shame
Pros
fun days
Cons
unsupportive management
I found Stellar is one of the great places to work. The work culture is really great and balanced,
I found this place with a very good family oriented team culture
Strict timeframes with taking calls, so not servicing the public properly. KPI bonus focus over the top, nagged daily, unless you're performing. Dirty office except the kitchen. Need a better working model given the turnover, but the cost to train staff isn't their issue, they must have money to burn. You'll be bullied to leave if you don't work their model. Not good management. Job could be rewarding, it's a shame, also hot desking, horrible.
Pros
Being employed full-time and those privileges
Cons
Management, Constant KPI & Bonus Focus, Pay, Bullying, Hot Desking
Management do not listen to feedback and do not act upon promises. Was hounded month after month for not meeting KPIs, and despite promises from managers that I will receive additional training, it was not until 2 years into employment that I received training that helped meet KPIs.

Further, due to poor implementation of certain practices by the contractor, an energy retailer, relating to life support, all responsibility around ensuring LS customers were recorded fell on the employee with extremely strict rules and risk of dismissal, while the retailer did nothing to promote the option to customers.
Pros
E-time (unpaid time off if call volume is down)
Cons
Bad Management, Unfair Rules that punish employees.
For min wage, you might make some friends for life but HR couldn't contain a f.a.r.t in a paper bag
Great if you enjoy your personal life being shared
A toxic heirarchy where even the most experienced customer service/sales consultants are treated like school children.

Gossiping and rumour mongering are encouraged by management as power plays.

No chance of advancement unless you have a relative or partner already in management, or unless you're happy to do countless personal favours for managers.

Lots of miscommunications between departments and the companies that Stellar is supposed to represent.

Disruptive and chaotic office with mostly faulty equipment and unqualified IT staff.
Pros
N/a
Cons
Dealing with incompetent and disrespectful managers.
whilst the training was informative, and the co workers are great. the company it self has much to learn in how to treat their own staff. Especially when it comes to dealing with those with mental health issues, that they knowingly hired to work on behalf of DHS
Pros
your coworkers make it all bareable.
Cons
management, lack of respect, base minimum pay
I'm in my 8th month of employment at stellar and overall fairly happy in my job. I was offered a permanent position after about 5 months and have never been offered less than 30 hours a week. The pay could be better but it is a nice environment to work in. Lots of incentives and rewards and targets aren't too hard to meet. My local branch operates 6-7 days a week 12-13 hrs a day so you may get some weekend or late shifts, however the shift swap system we have is fantastic and you can often swap for hours that suit you better or give away some of your hours if you have other obligations. There is always someone chasing extra hours.
Pros
Free food days, prizes, incentives, ability to swap shifts
Cons
Low pay rate
team leaders are too young and inexperienced and operations managers dont know how to lead anyone.
Could be an amazing centre but unfortunately the management have no idea what they are doing.

Pay is minimal wage and for the effort you put in you would think paying people more would be an option.

Always changing the goal post to meet kpis each month.

Centre manager told everyone if they wanted to be paid more they should find another job.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
The promise of rewards such as improving your wages via incentives such as call volume were difficult to meet,and were disappointing for the amount of time invested. Didn't suit me also as I prefer seeing the outdoors.
Pros
Fun group atmosphere
Cons
Limited earning capacity
Loved working for this company, friendly and approachable staff with great working conditions.
I would happily go back to work for this company and look forward to hearing back about a new job prospect,
Stellar was a wonderful place to work and it was a regrettable move away.
Very long and unprofessional recruitment process then rushed through training with huge expectations and pushy managers. The place and management is built on customer service but has poor people skills.
Good team involvement, plenty of flexibility allowing work/ life balance. Training at commencement of employment was very beneficial & relevant.
Positive work environment.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Career progresion slow
This was a contract for White Pages which was a temporary position. The rules of the office was strict as it was a hot seat situation. The supervisors were encouraging to help you meet goals.
Pros
Learnt a lot
Cons
Temporary
enjoyed working there. Enjoyed the environment. Great management and staff. Sadly I had to resign due to reasons. Is based in the valley and love that its close to public transport.
Pros
free breakfast
Cons
nil
It was challenging , busy environment, meeting targets, constant pressure, call handling, but management was very kind and very approachable to team with work life.
Pros
Flexi Timings
Cons
Late night shifts
Poorly run, no care for the staff just caring about the turnover, open book management causes more issues than it is worth.
Pros
Paid on time
Cons
No career advancement, poor management in place