Stockland Employee Reviews

Good culture, interesting work.
Finance Business Partner (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC10 March 2018
Stockland is a great company. The opportunity to learn is endless really. The challenges are based around location and opportunity. Some parts of the business are invested in whilst others are under resourced.
Pros
Young and positive culture
Cons
no progression opportunity for myself
Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW21 October 2017
Good team culture mostly.
My manager was a bit too easily influenced by other staff which made me securing a permanent position hard. I had to leave when I was overlooked in favour of less hard working staff.
Pros
Christmas party, monthly drinks, friendly staff
Cons
Manager not looking at my work
Very friendly staff
Marketing Team Assistant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 October 2017
All staff I came in contact with were very friendly and welcoming. I gained a lot of information and skills that I can carry on to future positions, which will help me succeed and grow.
prefer not to
Executive Assistant to the COO (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 August 2017
This was a temporary role, again prefer not to review as indifferent either way really. I was not there long enough to form a true reflection of how working there would have been
Highly productive and intense work environment
Community Marketing Manager (part time) (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC21 August 2017
Stockland run a very tight ship in a highly engaged and motivated environment. They have a strong emphasis on work life balance, career development and continuous improvement. It definitely has a work hard play hard mentality and suits high achievers.
Pros
Staff training and development
CONTRACT - Lead Business Analyst (Project (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW8 August 2017
Great place to work, excellent culture, and amazing amenities.

Overall, 9-5 work day, intersting projects, forward thinking company filled with curious people.
Village Manager
Village Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 July 2017
The role was rewarding in the ability to execute the role, and improve the facility. Stockland as a company are very good to work for. I only resigned to relocate to Germany for my partners employment opportunity .
Great company to work. You get to meet some very talented people and companies. Great in builidng your network.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW12 September 2016
A typical day at work would to ensure the facilities are in good order, tenant requests and issues are addressed in a timely manner. I worked with a talented asset and property managers. The office atmosphere was very friendly and approachable nature.
Boring workplace with great tools.
Facilities Maintenance Officer (Former Employee) –  point cook14 May 2015
Mostly just changed light bulbs. Was not a challenge at all. The hardest part of this job was finding something to do. Walked around most of the days looking for things to fix or clean.
Pros
Was in a shopping center so i got great smoko and lunch.
Cons
long hours. Not enough to do to fill n a day.
Excellent work place with a fantastic people culture!
Desktop Operations Technician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne19 January 2015
My typical day at Stockland would start by identifying all the IT issues or requests that have been allocated to me, and then prioritising according to the level of importance of each case that was logged, and for which I was directly responsible. I would endeavor to spend at least half a day at the Melbourne head office in Flinders Street to attend to IT requests there before planning site visits where my assistance was required. In my role as the only IT resource for Melbourne, I was responsible for delivering IT support to all the Residential, Retirement and Retail businesses that Stockland had in Victoria. Time management was a major skill I picked up in my time at Stockland and it will always help me in my future roles.

My role also involved IT projects where I had to work closely with the Infrastructure team in our Sydney head office and this required extensive travel by car to various Stockland properties when integrating them to Stockland's wide area network.

The thing I enjoyed most about my job at Stockland was that it was a very dynamic work environment and the opportunity I got to meet various Stockland staff with very different IT needs. Over my 7 years of employment, I had built up a very good rapport with the staff in Victoria and my stakeholder management skills greatly enhanced the value of the IT team as perceived by the various business units.

All in all, I would definitely rate Stockland as one of the best organizations I have worked for in my IT career.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
Professional workplace, accommodating and respectful
Administration Assistant (Current Employee) –  Newcastle, NSW25 November 2014
My day usually starts very busy with phones ringing, shoppers wanting various information and tradesmen needing access to differenct parts of the Centre along with gift card sales and regular casual lease inquiries. The office runs very smoothly with staff always willing to help one another at busy times. Nothing is too much trouble as team work always eases the load, mutual trust in each others ability makes it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good shopping near by.
A very good employer
Accts Receivable/Senior Bookkeeper/Credit Control (Former Employee) –  Castlereagh St, Sydney18 September 2013
Hectic and always something interesting to do. Being able to improve my skills in accounting and was given the chance to be promoted but due to family commitment had to work part-time. Management before restructure was excellent. Employees enjoyed a lot of benefits which was changed with the restructure. The most enjoyable part of the job is being given recognition and bonus for any improvement or contribution you have made towards the smooth running of the department.
Pros
Annual picnic day
Cons
Nothing I could think of