Stockland
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Stockland Employee Reviews

Australia21 reviews
Stockland offers everything you would ever need for a company in terms of work life balance, career opportunities, good management and a modern environment. Cons are simply being in the building and real estate industry with low markets.
Stockland is innovative with their systems and processes and places a large focus on their staff and customers. Work life balance and self development is not only a priority that management enforce on staff positively, it is highly encouraged and rewarded. The hardest part of the job is the market demand in WA and having to drive out to all the estates weekly for meetings. The best part however is definitely the culture and the amount of on going support received by staff and management. The events and benefits as small as flying staff interstate for workshops, healthy food options in the kitchen etc. make a huge difference and impact on work place happiness. Overall the best company I have been a part of to date.
I'm paid $50 a night in cash to clean for 4 hours by myself. I am paid under minimum wage, & I am fairly certain they are committing tax fraud by not giving out payslips or giving their part-time crew their deserved rates, sick days & super.
Stockland looks after their employees they encourage innovation. Good work life balance. Management team is approachable. They work hard to retain employees, hence there are lots of long serving employees. Stockland gives growth opportunities within the organisation.
The workplace I am at is lovely, most of the permanent staff are fantastic and friendly some are horrible, which is not Stocklands fault. However, when their management is underqualified and therefore useless with assisting in dealing with disgruntled and difficult colleagues it makes working there very unpleasant. They have hired a number of management staff who do not know the first thing about doing their work simply only how to suck up to the bosses.
A typical day at work included working with a team to improve the customer journey for any customer who purchased through Stockland.
I learned that management were always approachable and happy to mentor and support decisions made by the Customer Service team.

The culture was the best I have ever worked in.

Hardest part of the job was leaving.
Pros
Great culture
One of the best companies i have worked for. Amazing work culture, very helpful managers and team mates.
Team work is top notch.

Learnt about the new challanges that were coming up everyday relating to the newly updated system(successfactors).
Stockland is a great company. The opportunity to learn is endless really. The challenges are based around location and opportunity. Some parts of the business are invested in whilst others are under resourced.
Pros
Young and positive culture
Cons
no progression opportunity for myself
Good team culture mostly.
My manager was a bit too easily influenced by other staff which made me securing a permanent position hard. I had to leave when I was overlooked in favour of less hard working staff.
Pros
Christmas party, monthly drinks, friendly staff
Cons
Manager not looking at my work
All staff I came in contact with were very friendly and welcoming. I gained a lot of information and skills that I can carry on to future positions, which will help me succeed and grow.
This was a temporary role, again prefer not to review as indifferent either way really. I was not there long enough to form a true reflection of how working there would have been
Stockland run a very tight ship in a highly engaged and motivated environment. They have a strong emphasis on work life balance, career development and continuous improvement. It definitely has a work hard play hard mentality and suits high achievers.
Pros
Staff training and development
Great place to work, excellent culture, and amazing amenities.

Overall, 9-5 work day, intersting projects, forward thinking company filled with curious people.
The role was rewarding in the ability to execute the role, and improve the facility. Stockland as a company are very good to work for. I only resigned to relocate to Germany for my partners employment opportunity .
I didnt directly work for the company itself but was contact as part of the cleaning services responsible for the daily weekly up keep of their office buliding and provide their cleaning service.
Pros
Working evenings
Cons
Short term position
A typical day at work would to ensure the facilities are in good order, tenant requests and issues are addressed in a timely manner. I worked with a talented asset and property managers. The office atmosphere was very friendly and approachable nature.
I am still working at Stockland on a Casual Basis

First part - set up the trolleys and start cleaning

Next - check walkie talkies are on and all clear

Last - go to back to the office and sign off.

Very Busy and I have to think for myself and manage situations when they arise.

I work with my team to complete the necessary jobs for the day.

The peek periods such as lunch time are the hardest part of the day.

I have learned to think ahead and find a better way to be efficient.

The best part of the day is towards the end when it is quiet and been cleaned.
Pros
Meeting people during the day
Cons
Mostly just changed light bulbs. Was not a challenge at all. The hardest part of this job was finding something to do. Walked around most of the days looking for things to fix or clean.
Pros
Was in a shopping center so i got great smoko and lunch.
Cons
long hours. Not enough to do to fill n a day.
My typical day at Stockland would start by identifying all the IT issues or requests that have been allocated to me, and then prioritising according to the level of importance of each case that was logged, and for which I was directly responsible. I would endeavor to spend at least half a day at the Melbourne head office in Flinders Street to attend to IT requests there before planning site visits where my assistance was required. In my role as the only IT resource for Melbourne, I was responsible for delivering IT support to all the Residential, Retirement and Retail businesses that Stockland had in Victoria. Time management was a major skill I picked up in my time at Stockland and it will always help me in my future roles.

My role also involved IT projects where I had to work closely with the Infrastructure team in our Sydney head office and this required extensive travel by car to various Stockland properties when integrating them to Stockland's wide area network.

The thing I enjoyed most about my job at Stockland was that it was a very dynamic work environment and the opportunity I got to meet various Stockland staff with very different IT needs. Over my 7 years of employment, I had built up a very good rapport with the staff in Victoria and my stakeholder management skills greatly enhanced the value of the IT team as perceived by the various business units.

All in all, I would definitely rate Stockland as one of the best organizations I have worked for in my IT career.
Pros
Excellent work life balance
Cons
My day usually starts very busy with phones ringing, shoppers wanting various information and tradesmen needing access to differenct parts of the Centre along with gift card sales and regular casual lease inquiries. The office runs very smoothly with staff always willing to help one another at busy times. Nothing is too much trouble as team work always eases the load, mutual trust in each others ability makes it an enjoyable place to work.
Pros
Good shopping near by.
Hectic and always something interesting to do. Being able to improve my skills in accounting and was given the chance to be promoted but due to family commitment had to work part-time. Management before restructure was excellent. Employees enjoyed a lot of benefits which was changed with the restructure. The most enjoyable part of the job is being given recognition and bonus for any improvement or contribution you have made towards the smooth running of the department.
Pros
Annual picnic day
Cons
Nothing I could think of