Stowe Australia
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Stowe Australia Employee Reviews

I would highly recommend Stowe Australia as a employer . They a very fair and honest company with room for you to up the and better your position with them .
Having worked at Stowe for some 10 years in a stressful position, I took ownership of the role and gave 110% every day. I enjoyed every aspect of my work, but unfortunately was made redundant.
Pros
Management did not appreciate a person who carried out their work and was not part of the boys !!
Cons
Spent many long hours completing tasks for projects .
Loyalty is non existent and the managers do not care about your health and safety. As long as the job gets done , the $$$ flow , that’s all. Stowe was once a family run business with values but that changed when certain people left. The staff are underpaid and overworked.
Pros
Cons
Too many to list.
Can be very competitive at times, learned different aspects of lighting control. At times can be pigeon holed into various tasks. Found management easy to talk to.
This company is great to work for and a force in the electrical contractor space throughout Australia. My time there was full of new experiences and learning....
broad scope of work, good bunch of guys and very enjoyable place to work. management are approchable if you have any queries or issues. I had a great time working at Stowe
Typical 9-4 day. Everyone in the office was kind and friendly. I learnt many computer skills. Hardest part of the day was being away from my dog for such long hours but if that's the only bad part there truly isn't much to complain about.
Company as a whole is excellent. The Toowoomba Grand central shopping center construction management have a lot of room for improvement. Unfortunately the project management was not a true example of Stowe which I am assured from my workmates on the site is a progressive and collaborative company.
I worked for Stowe through WorkPac Labour Hire. The job had a good team spirit. As with all job with target dates, ie the opening of the Commonwealth Games, questions were asked by Stowe Management to the Client and delayed answered given. The crew still met the dead line.
Run by some really incompetent managers that have nothing but self interest. There wasn't much to learn with them as they keep you in the dark, except for the select few which are pretty much all related somehow to managers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working for them
At Stowe, we measure our integrity by the relationships maintained successfully over decades with high profile clients, It’s not just about how viable the relationship is but instead , our workmanship is second to no other company. I am proud to be an integral cog in the Stowe Australia wheel of success . We have been in business for well over 110 years for a good reason.
Pros
Stabilty
There is no team work, its every man for him self and its who you know not what you know, and very clicky crowed. Watch your back! There is no proper communications between management and they are very quick to blame others for there mistakes.
Excellent company to work for, Unfortunately there was a big downturn of construction at my branch many years I had to find work elsewhere. Loved to g
Pros
Good Team Spirit
Cons
None in Particular
A1 Company to work for. Underpinning and driving the success of the company over this time are two fundamental business objectives: “To build and maintain a satisfied customer base through superior quality service with fair dealings based on trust and respect.” “To create long term relationships with customers, suppliers and most importantly its employees.”
the vast majority of the people I worked for and with were really enjoyable/organised to work with. Which made my many years at Stowe very enjoyable.
The worst project manager ever. When you have to beg for material to do your job and get nothing, you know things are bad. Tasks were taking way longer than they should because the lack of gear, they couldn't even supply fixings or screws, we needed to ask other trades or find them on the floor. If you couldn't find the gear you are then instructed to steal gear from other trades to finish the job. Corners cut ever day, using gear that was not suitable for the job because it was onsite ( either Stowes or another trades) not a professional finish to a very large comms project.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Lack of gear and project manger
Great company, with great people. Cannot recommend a better Electrical company to work for. A typical day includes pre-start, work, smoko, work, smoko, work and finish.
Pros
RDO's
had a lot of electrical advances co workers easy to get a long with a lot of electrical aspects to do every day Learnt a lot about high voltage and fit off temporary power and circuits fit off of switch boards and instuments
Pros
close to home, lots of work and hours
Cons
cost of parking was high.
working at stowe was a great job, great money for relatively easy work. a good work ethic and a mazing bunch of employees. wish i could get a job there now haha.
Pros
good money for easy work
Cons
job security
concerned about your safety, great management, great lifestyle and co-workers. Rate of pay is excellent. But job security is very low
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Job Security
great company 8 years with them. commercial and industrial, service van, great people, good office, good boss, good pay
  1. Employee Reviews