Stowe Australia Employee Reviews

Company is excellent.
Leading Hand electrician for operations (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba QLD11 February 2019
Company as a whole is excellent. The Toowoomba Grand central shopping center construction management have a lot of room for improvement. Unfortunately the project management was not a true example of Stowe which I am assured from my workmates on the site is a progressive and collaborative company.
Productive and good Team
Electrical Fitter Mechanic/Comms Tradesman (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD15 January 2019
I worked for Stowe through WorkPac Labour Hire. The job had a good team spirit. As with all job with target dates, ie the opening of the Commonwealth Games, questions were asked by Stowe Management to the Client and delayed answered given. The crew still met the dead line.
If you're related to management, you keep your job
Electrician/Comms Technician (Former Employee) –  Queensland3 January 2019
Run by some really incompetent managers that have nothing but self interest. There wasn't much to learn with them as they keep you in the dark, except for the select few which are pretty much all related somehow to managers
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Working for them
Family owned with a deep history
Electrical Safety Compliance Officer, ANSTO Site (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW4 May 2018
At Stowe, we measure our integrity by the relationships maintained successfully over decades with high profile clients,
It’s not just about how viable the relationship is but instead , our workmanship is second to no other company.
I am proud to be an integral cog in the Stowe Australia wheel of success .
We have been in business for well over 110 years for a good reason.
Pros
Stabilty
The management let this company down
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC30 March 2018
There is no team work, its every man for him self and its who you know not what you know, and very clicky crowed. Watch your back!

There is no proper communications between management and they are very quick to blame others for there mistakes.
Great Company with good Values
Apprentice Electrician (Former Employee) –  NSW12 January 2018
Excellent company to work for, Unfortunately there was a big downturn of construction at my branch many years I had to find work elsewhere. Loved to g
Pros
Good Team Spirit
Cons
None in Particular
Senior Electrical Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 December 2017
A1 Company to work for.

Underpinning and driving the success of the company over this time are two fundamental business objectives:

“To build and maintain a satisfied customer base through superior quality service with fair dealings based on trust and respect.”

“To create long term relationships with customers, suppliers and most importantly its employees.”
Had a great culture for the majority of the time i worked there.
Grade 5 Licensed Tradesperson (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW28 February 2017
the vast majority of the people I worked for and with were really enjoyable/organised to work with. Which made my many years at Stowe very enjoyable.
Not a project manager, just a unlikeable bully.
Electrician and comms tech (Former Employee) –  Queensland7 January 2017
The worst project manager ever. When you have to beg for material to do your job and get nothing, you know things are bad. Tasks were taking way longer than they should because the lack of gear, they couldn't even supply fixings or screws, we needed to ask other trades or find them on the floor. If you couldn't find the gear you are then instructed to steal gear from other trades to finish the job. Corners cut ever day, using gear that was not suitable for the job because it was onsite ( either Stowes or another trades) not a professional finish to a very large comms project.
Pros
Fellow workers
Cons
Lack of gear and project manger
Productive Environment
PROJECT ADMINISTRATOR (Current Employee) –  Wollongong NSW31 March 2016
Great company, with great people. Cannot recommend a better Electrical company to work for. A typical day includes pre-start, work, smoko, work, smoko, work and finish.
Pros
RDO's
Fun and easy going environment close to home
A Grade Electrician (Former Employee) –  Australia28 January 2016
had a lot of electrical advances
co workers easy to get a long with
a lot of electrical aspects to do every day
Learnt a lot about high voltage and fit off
temporary power and circuits
fit off of switch boards and instuments
Pros
close to home, lots of work and hours
Cons
cost of parking was high.
good company
Electrician Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD8 October 2015
working at stowe was a great job, great money for relatively easy work. a good work ethic and a mazing bunch of employees. wish i could get a job there now haha.
Pros
good money for easy work
Cons
job security
Good Rate of Pay
Electrical Apprentice (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD29 July 2015
concerned about your safety, great management, great lifestyle and co-workers. Rate of pay is excellent. But job security is very low
Pros
Great pay rate
Cons
Job Security
great
tradesman (Former Employee) –  gold coast19 July 2015
great company 8 years with them. commercial and industrial, service van, great people, good office, good boss, good pay
Office fitouts
Team Leader - Electrical/Data/Lighting Works (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD23 June 2015
Excellent management, supervisors and electricians with great time management skills that make working for Stowe very rewarding and enjoyable.
Pros
Free breakfast
Proffesional Company To work for
Project Manager / Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney22 February 2015
Working on large projects around Sydney area. Professional approach on all levels to enable entire team to make a right decision to achieve the best results.
Pros
Good and large projects
Cons
Not enough work for all of team
They gave me all the training i need to work well in a team or alone.
grade 5 tradesman (Former Employee) –  nsw18 March 2014
A typical day at would be signing doing a safety talk, getting a set of plans and heading off to get the materials to do the work. For example getting a roll of cable and ruffing in the cable.
management taught me how to act and handle myself on site. The hardest part of my is knowing when the next job was coming up or when I would be finishing up on the current job. and the most enjoyable part of my job was the roasted days off, the ability to have long weekends when I wanted.
Pros
RDOs and good pay rates
Cons
travelling and early starts
Work experience
Electrical (Current Employee) –  Gold Coast, QLD8 October 2013
I am currently doing work experience with Stowe Australia every Friday. So far I really enjoy what work they are giving me and the people who I work with are really informative.
Best Company i Have ever worked for!
Construction & Service Electrician (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC10 September 2013
Depending on what sector you worked in would depend on what you did. I worked in service so got to work at a lot of cool places, like defence force bases, newspaper factories whilst seeing a lot of country Victoria and even Hobart for a month,
I learned heaps at this company. Being a large company i had the opportunity to work in many different environments and seeing things done from a different angle.
Management were well organised and well presented. There was a nice vibe around the office and work site with everyone really friendly.
This is one of those jobs which i really enjoyed so don't have much bad to say about it. It was a shame that the GFC made me redundant.
Pros
Great all round company. EBA rates.
Cons
Based in CBD. So a bit of city driving. :)
Productive, fast paced work environment
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD14 June 2012
I loved working for Stowe Australia Pty Ltd, im hoping to find a company in the USA where I enjoy going to work as much as I did here.
Pros
friday bbq day, excellent pay, great staff who worked well as a team and individually