Strandbags

Strandbags Employee Reviews

Australia115 reviews

3.3Work–Life Balance

Collaborative

Very good place to work at especially if you are just starting out. Chill work environment and very good staff discount! Can be tiring here and there but it’s always nice to interact with customers and new staff

Stress free, great colleagues.

Working as casual sales assistant, training was great and well supported by store manager. Love going to work my shifts. This job is completely different to ones in the past and provides great work/life balance.

Growing company with lots to be excited about

Really investing in their people and the business to build something great. New Head Office location in Pyrmont has really brought a cultural change of getting out and enjoying the surroundings during lunch and meeting colleagues and building relationships.

Absolutely love it.......it can be both fast pace at times and then it slows down.....my regionals have been amazing ..very approachable

Since I started 2 years ago there have been many changes in the company it is always evolving ......the regional management are really easy to get along with and you can always be guaranteed they will guide you when needed. I hope this is my forever job until retirement 🙃

Positive place to work with heaps of support

I started as a 6 years ago as a casual and have been a store manager for 3 years. Over the years strandbags has kept evolving with the times. Upper management is extremely supportive and positive with everything. The job can be full on and hectic at times but it’s always fun. I’m proud to work for strandbags.

Productive and fun place to work

Had a great relationship with my manager and co-workers. As a Christmas casual my job was mainly to cover lunch breaks and help complete daily tasks. I wanted a Christmas casual job however the lack of Job security and guaranteed hours could be an issue for others.

Pros

Great group of people to work with, straight forward work style, product knowledge was easy to pick up

Cons

Uncertain hours/work

Fun workplace with great work life balance

I've worked for Strandbags for nearly 5 years and have always had great Store managers and Regional managers. I've always felt like a valued part of the team. The company offers great work life balance and great flexibility with shifts.

Great company that is growing and forward thinking

Great team culture working towards common goals. Company that is growing and evolving with the times. Great Top management leadership team. Love being surrounded by bags.

Quick advancement for passionate people

Strandbags is very welcoming and you get to know people from everywhere. Regional managers and head office are easily available for help! I was able to go from casual to permanent and then to managing.

Pros

Support and understanding

Love it!

I have just joined the company and I love how open and honest they are. They really do care about their people, they have a firm strategy and know exactly what they need to do to get there. However, working in HR its great to have the support of the leadership that know that looking after people needs to be number one priority.

Pros

Culture, opportunity to learn new things. Having a voice

Cons

Nothing really.

Such a great company with values you can resonate with.

Working for Strandbags has been great. You are challenged to bring things into the company which will assist in the overall growth of the brand. You are never felt to be rushed or made to feel as though you have a bad idea.

Pros

Great work life balance and culture

Cons

None!

l love working at strandbag as it was a really great experience for me and love the vibe love

VERY great, love the people working and its a good vibe i really love my experience working there, selling bags and greeting with customers it a good thing

Pros

some times we had free lunches

Cons

yes long hours

Fun workplace

If you are a people’s person, good with customers, care about them and only wish to help them achieve what their wants and needs to ensure they walk out a happy customer, this job is for you. I am currently employed at Strandbags Parramatta and love it. If you can think fast, act quickly and upsell, the job comes easily to you.

Pros

Flexible hours, good management

Its Fun work areas meeting different culture and working as a team

Its simple systemWork as TeamPolitePositive attiuteTime mangementPick and packingIts a warehouse experience and also stock take,labelling As a stock person its very important your maths and the experiment i got from strandbags its a easy and understandable their system.Thankfully for 5 years been a warehouse experience its grateful.

Pros

Christmas Party

Cons

Yes some time we do alots overtime

Disorganised company

The company seemed really organised and professional during the first day. Store manager ended up going on maternal leave a week after being hired which the company took too long to organise replacement management and rostering became a big mess. Most of the ladies were wonderful but as always you have your few know it all’s who get involved where they shouldn’t. Very easy job, easy to learn and adapt however no training was provided as promised and little to no opportunity to be apart of the team. Was basically left to be a door person yet constantly put down for lack of sales. Constantly took initiative to learn and ask for help and was always told there is no time to train or help me, other people hired at the same time were given training or help which was disappointing as it showed discrimination and lack of care.Other workers poach your sales that you put effort into and take advantage of you being new. Some workers go above and beyond to help you. Overall if you don’t care about this company being a serious job and you are ok with 6 hours a week then this is the job for you.

Pros

Good wages, good discount, easy to learn, some friendly staff

Cons

No hours given, no training, constant roster updates, always being asked to stay behind, asked for early starts, asked to come in on days off, if you’re unable to do so you get your shifts cut, put down by workers.

Good coworkers but horrible upper management.

My coworkers and manager were great but upper management was awful. They regularly look over store employees for promotions and keep hiring new staff. Your hours can get cut without any warning or explanation. They constantly hire new people and split up the limited hours so that older workers keep getting their shifts given away to newer staff. You also have to start 15 minutes before shift but this is unpaid. If you open the store every day, that's 1 hour and 15 mins of lost wages each week. The only good thing about working there was the coworkers, but everything else was a pain. Would only recommend if you desperately need a job and don't mind awful hours. Also, if you get a good manager, it may be worth dealing with everything else.

Pros

Nice coworkers and manager.

Cons

Awful hours, lack of career progression, upper management.

Stressful, forever changing

Stressful and fast-paced work. If you don’t sell, then you get a stern taking to or lose your job. There are only casuals or managers, no part time in the company and like never any advancements in the company. Unless you work there for 5 years+ really. Can work at many different stores around which is good variety but it’s rare to get more than 10-15 hours a week and you have to be on call for atleast 5 days a week or they don’t want you. (That goes for uni students and working mums too). CANNOT take time off or go away between start of November and end of February, schools holidays, or public holidays. Hourly pay is good though and most casuals need to work weekends too and Thursday late nights. Training takes a fair while but once you’re trained it makes the job easier and can be fun. Not a job for you if you get critisized or offended easily by customers especially when you get screamed at for something not your fault. Cannot take things personally or your mental health work drain. Between December and January is lots of hours and the money is good. Good Friendships can be formed in the company but get on the good side with managers as they choose the rosters every fortnight

Pros

Can work at many stores

Cons

Barely ever any shifts, if there is a shift it’s only 3-4 hours max

Lots of running around and entitled customers

This is an all rounder job, so expect to be running around the store doing anything that needs doing. Surprisingly more physically demanding than you might expect. Upper management is always on you to improve sales and customer sign ups. This job is useful to build your confidence with problem solving and dealing with difficult people. Good job to build customer service experience until you move on to something more stable.

Pros

Staff discount, friendly co-workers and store manager, gained confidence dealing with people & problem solving

Cons

Inconsistent hours, sometimes unreasonable expectations from higher management, entitled customers treat you like a servant

Extremely stressful workplace, no room for growth

Left alone with a 3 hour lunch cover most days, have met some lovely people and customers.Poorly paid, $23 per hour, and you have to pay for parking

Pros

Its a job

Cons

under paid, over worked, no praise, bullying at its best

Challenging but rewarding place to work.

Strandbags to me I was a great place to work. I learner's so much about each productive and found that I can handle anything that's thrown at me. I also found I can handle alot of customers at once.

Draining and Bad pay

You are just a number and they couldn't care about you. Unprofessional regionals! One of the worst paying jobs and the expectations are very high KPI wise. They pit you against store to store and the regional play embarrassing games.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Strandbags. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

• Strandbags
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?