Strandbags
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Strandbags Employee Reviews

good co-workers, good management staff, understandable and comprehensive training. Nice work-life balance, and managers are very understanding of personal circumstance.
Strandbags to me I was a great place to work. I learner's so much about each productive and found that I can handle anything that's thrown at me. I also found I can handle alot of customers at once.
You are just a number and they couldn't care about you. Unprofessional regionals! One of the worst paying jobs and the expectations are very high KPI wise. They pit you against store to store and the regional play embarrassing games.
Excellent place to work absolutely loved it but just not enough hours for the travel I had to do and I was also pregnant. Excellent first experience in retail.
Minimal staff cover. Managers left to do promotional visual merchandising of store alone very week. Lifting heavy suitcases up and down ladder, rebuilding the shelves. Upper management expected this completed in a day while the sent 15 boxes of stock every day. Pressure to sell sell sell and o let lowed a three hour lunch cover.
Pros
Staff discount only on bags and wallets
Cons
Managers paid at a 2IC minimum award wage. Budgets and tasks set to avoid bonuses
Strandbags is a fun and energising job, I'm always on the go whether it is unpacking stock, helping customers, running back and forth to the store room or changing the store for a sale.It is a high pressure job as I have my own KPI's and daily/weekly budgets, but it is also a very enjoyable job dealing with customer.I'm learning how to develop a sense of calmness when dealing with typically hard customer is something I learned at Strandbags and are still learning there now.
Strandbags is a good place to work. The staff are very helpful and understanding. Its a fast paced environment that can be stressful, but you do have your fun times as well. I gained a lot of knowledge from a very helpful team of ladies.
Very little support from Regional Manager, many unpaid hours due to high expectations, staff give and company takes, takes, takes HORRIBLE UNGRATEFUL COMPANY...YOUR JUST A NUMBER!!!!
was a really good place to work however can become really stressful during hard busy periods and you have so much to do and theres a lot of pressure of getting stock out.
The direction of management changes frequently, there are no clear vision to the brand. Local and limited to the Australian market only. Not recommend to those who are passionate about the work. Salary increment is minimal.
Working with wonderful people made this job great, but the expectations constantly put on us to get an impossible amount of work done every day and Not being able to do anything but casual hours mean being a parent and booking outside School hours care is so hard. If you have no other responsibilities and very flexible with your hours, this job pays quite well. I hope they have/ will change their obsession with casual hours.
Pros
Good casual rate
Cons
Constant casual only, work life balance is terrible.
I loved working for strandbags. It was very faced paced as it was christmas and very busy but the time went by faster. All of the people that work with me were so nice and amazing and i couldn't have asked for a better christmas job!
Loved working at Strandbags. Fantastic work mates and great leader in my Manager, Fun times. Very busy. Loads of stock deliverys daily. Unpack Mark display and excess stock out the back. VM. stocktake
Pros
Great work culture
Cons
Chermside strandbags is an amazing company to work for the team is so loyal and 100% team work, the manager and staff will train you and work with you till you are comfortable and ready
The team is great in general, we bonded together through our misery working there. When we had to stay back and fix the store, we were never got paid. We constantly got the hours cut making it difficult to get tasks done. Coming from the flagship store in the heart of Melbourne CBD, it seems like a classic story of Corporate being greedy. If you can work elsewhere, I recommend you another job.
As manager in the store I was in charge of rosters and weekly/monthly bugets. Responsible for stocktaking and stock management. Staff culture and merchandising stock on the floor for display reasons.
Terrible work place The manager is so unprofessional So much favouritism When some people stand at registers for hours (greedy making sales) and no chance for others because busy tiding and helping customers.So end up the managers cut your hours and critisise.No appreciation on your hard work specially the manager is so greedy for company bonus.They don't care how hard some staff work ,always have to put up with the nagging manager.
i worked at a local place alongside another job as a Christmas casual, and the expectations for handling stock and ignoring customers in order to do so was disgusting. we were sent around 70 boxes of stock every mon-fri, and when i was in i was expected to unpack all the boxes, label, sort out the back in their designated areas/put on the floor all while not serving anyone in more store in a maximum of two hours. even though there were two of us normally doing it to try and get it done, every ten minutes i would be asked to do something else (*quick jobs*), and then would get a lecture when i didn't complete the stock on time because i was always distracted. the manager clearly did not like that i was faster than her at the job and that customers felt more comfortable talking to me about gift ideas to suite my age bracket, and it felt like every opportunity was taken to keep me away from customer service. although i never had any problem with my pay, and was always given two weeks in advance for shifts so i could match it with the other job at the time, it felt like i was being held down by my manager to forward myself and learn more about retail (because this was technically my first job). I loved all the other employees and got on really well with them, and i love to pop in every now and then to see how they are doing. But in terms of the company in general, because i worked in other stores and it was almost as if they had been told to keep me out the back or were just completely unorganised, i don't recommend working here until they re-evaluate the motives of their head - more...
Abusive toxic store manager. Disrespectful towards staff and customers causing regular customers to not return and high turnover in staff. Do not recommend.
* Any casual who has worked for Strandbags will express dissatisfaction with rostering and how hours are determined. The individual who makes the least % of their budget will be given the least amount of hours. It does not matter if you make 100% (or more!) of your individual budget because if the rest of the team out perform you will still be given >10 hours per week. This happened to me multiple times. And obviously the less hours you receive the less opportunities you have to reach your targets- it’s a vicious cycle and leads to a very negative work environment where staff are constantly stressed and fighting for sales, especially on quieter days. I think all people considering applying for casual positions at strandbags should be made aware of this. * No HR department- only your mananger and regional manager to deal with staff issues/complaints- how well do you think that goes down (especially when the complaints are about them)? * Lots of pressure all of the time- I worked in a busier store where you were dealing with customers, plus a different promo change every single week (sometimes more than once a week), plus receiving oftentimes upwards of 20 massive boxes of stock per day. You were expected to complete these tasks in very unrealistic timeframes whilst still making your budget (for a 4 hour shift on a weekday my budget would be between $1000-$1500). If you did not get everything done in time you would be reprimanded by management or your regional. What is expected of you as a CASUAL vs what you receive in rewards/incentives from the company is laughable. - more...
Pros
Staff discount, friendly team, good customer service experience
Cons
Everything else
All about how much u personally do per hour what percentage kpi’s way too many boxes to unpack in the whole 3 hr shift I did while keeping up my personal budget while staff had lunch breaks. That’s why I got fired. Terrible company to work for I hated it. Don’t ever work for them way too much pressure