Stratco
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Stratco Employee Reviews

Australia40 reviews
New management don’t like you to think for yourself (If you don’t mix well with stupid save urself the hassle) Don’t bother applying if your white , white man hasn’t been hired there in years !
Don't expect anything , no real training given due to day shifts not doing their jobs properly your expected to work until next day work is finished you could be forced to work until 2-3am
I worked there for over 1 year and I can honestly say that if it weren’t for the horrible way management treated myself and other people, I’d still be there.
They have Un reasonable expectations and you never get any appreciation for the hard work you put in, anything that goes wrong is never accepted and the blame is constantly passed to the people below management.
Stratco is a family owned business, this reflects on the lifestyle and ways the company goes about training and learning procedures. Making sure all the team is prepared for any situation they may be faced with.
Great place to work at, management had a great attitude towards their staff and gave them respect. Which showed on the quality of workmanship. Unfortunately they moved locations and it wasn't feasible for myself.
Toxic and demeaning culture that has no heart. Sacked me for no reason and had to get out immediately. More products in patios and roofing are way overpriced
Stratco would have to be the worst sales team culture for any business i have been in. A real boys club and the less work you do the more you are promoted. If you work hard and do your job you get punished and treated poorly. Management really only talk to the boys club and the office is overly full of gossip....if you want to have a good work place, dont work here!!!
I was very fortunate to receive the training and support that I did not to mention the friendship of the production manager as well as the supervisors which I still have contact with today
The Beginning of new start I was able to travel too South Australia and help my mother with bill as we lived together at that time...Not to long after that travelled to Geraldton.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
I did many different jobs there, I was packing the metal into plastic bags and put a plastic strap on them, I had to roll metal for the gutters, I also had to load stuff on to a truck
Provide and handle any customer inquiries, complaints, refunds and questions using effective interpersonal and problem-solving skills.
Speak to suppliers on a regular bases in regards to plants that need ordering for stock, customers or landscapers.

Order, receive, stock and manage plants within the nursery.

Face out and present stock for customer purchase as well as provide general store maintenance and cleanliness.
Pros
great staff
I worked there as a Cleaner under Afford Employment
for about four hours four days a week

as a casual

I worked at night shift from 6 pm onwards to 10 pm
Pros
working in closed hours
Cons
all alone
Good colleagues, no opportunity for advancement. Nice offices, good facilities, some good management. No pay reviews or opportunities for pay rises or promotions
Pros
Good colleagues
Cons
No advancement opportunities
Bad place to work. They care abt u. Work like a dog
Its a place were you dont want to come to work cause as soon as you turn up you want to leave. Bad working conditions. Not a happy place.
Pros
No life
Cons
Long hrs
Low wage, no advancement, a bullying culture, lack of any training. management does not care about anything that's happens as long as their product gets out the gate. You are expected to do long hours and if you need to finish after doing your standard hours you are made to feel bad about it.
Pros
Not much
Cons
This business has more than it needs as a facility to dominate the local market over a set period of time.
Unfortunately, like many businesses it lacks experienced and quality management due to transiant nature of the Northern Territory economy.
Pros
Small and personable market place.
Cons
inexperienced management.
I started working at a regional Stratco when I just turned 15 and worked there for 4 years, they offered no training and just expected me know EVERYTHING about the job.

I worked in customer sales which included serving customers, putting away stock, answering phones, cleaning etc. It gets unbelievably busy on weekends and you can't even sit down on your breaks.

I loved all the whole team I worked with, they were so nice and looked after me. Higher ups didn't even care about our employees and manager, we were all worked to the bone and all they cared about was sales. Customers should come before sales.

The hardest part of the job was the busy weekends, few staff and so much running around. The personal sales goals are ridiculous and just get higher and higher. The best part of the was the team I worked with.
Cons
Long hours, Management
I have learned how to multi task and have a lot of knowledge of a wide range of products. This has made me versatile and able to fill in for which ever position they required of me.
start the day off by arriving and waiting to find out what i am going to be doing for the day then learn how to do the job then carry the job out to the best of my abilities.
Pros
good working times
Cons
having to wear thick clothing on hot days
a great experience working hard doing heavy lifting and learning how to work with others in a factory environment. made new friends and learnt the importance of safety around heavy machinery.
1.typical day at work....flat out
2.what I learned...operating new machines

3.management...fair and approachable

4.workplace culture...very supportive and easy to get along with

5.hardest part of job...learning machine and dealing with break downs

6.enjoyable part of job... satisfaction of a good days work at end of shift

7.pleasent group to work with
Pros
supportive team members
Cons
wages