Stratco Employee Reviews

Good Place
Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Blacktown NSW3 March 2019
I worked there as a Cleaner under Afford Employment
for about four hours four days a week
as a casual
I worked at night shift from 6 pm onwards to 10 pm
Pros
working in closed hours
Cons
all alone
Workplace
Production Worker (Current Employee) –  Huntingwood NSW3 December 2018
Bad place to work. They care abt u. Work like a dog
Its a place were you dont want to come to work cause as soon as you turn up you want to leave. Bad working conditions. Not a happy place.
Pros
No life
Cons
Long hrs
Terrible
Leading hand (Former Employee) –  South Adelaide SA24 September 2018
Low wage, no advancement, a bullying culture, lack of any training. management does not care about anything that's happens as long as their product gets out the gate. You are expected to do long hours and if you need to finish after doing your standard hours you are made to feel bad about it.
Pros
Not much
Cons
Good intensions for work/lifestyle culture which is necessary for Darwin environment.
Sales and Trade Representative (Former Employee) –  Darwin NT21 July 2018
This business has more than it needs as a facility to dominate the local market over a set period of time.
Unfortunately, like many businesses it lacks experienced and quality management due to transiant nature of the Northern Territory economy.
Pros
Small and personable market place.
Cons
inexperienced management.
Great people to work with but higher ups need to fix themselves
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  South Australia22 June 2018
I started working at a regional Stratco when I just turned 15 and worked there for 4 years, they offered no training and just expected me know EVERYTHING about the job.

I worked in customer sales which included serving customers, putting away stock, answering phones, cleaning etc. It gets unbelievably busy on weekends and you can't even sit down on your breaks.

I loved all the whole team I worked with, they were so nice and looked after me. Higher ups didn't even care about our employees and manager, we were all worked to the bone and all they cared about was sales. Customers should come before sales.

The hardest part of the job was the busy weekends, few staff and so much running around. The personal sales goals are ridiculous and just get higher and higher. The best part of the was the team I worked with.
Cons
Long hours, Management
GARAGE ESTIMATOR/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Canning Vale WA20 April 2018
I have learned how to multi task and have a lot of knowledge of a wide range of products. This has made me versatile and able to fill in for which ever position they required of me.
Workplace experience
Work Experience (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale WA18 February 2018
start the day off by arriving and waiting to find out what i am going to be doing for the day then learn how to do the job then carry the job out to the best of my abilities.
Pros
good working times
Cons
having to wear thick clothing on hot days
eye opening hard work
Labourer (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Epping VIC27 December 2017
a great experience working hard doing heavy lifting and learning how to work with others in a factory environment. made new friends and learnt the importance of safety around heavy machinery.
productive and fun place to work for
rollformer (Former Employee) –  Ormeau QLD10 December 2017
1.typical day at work....flat out
2.what I learned...operating new machines
3.management...fair and approachable
4.workplace culture...very supportive and easy to get along with
5.hardest part of job...learning machine and dealing with break downs
6.enjoyable part of job... satisfaction of a good days work at end of shift
7.pleasent group to work with
Pros
supportive team members
Cons
wages
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Canning Vale WA30 November 2017
I found nothing wrong with working at stratco. All the staff and supervisors were friendly, the work was easy and there was never a dull day. Workplace culture was all ways different, the hardest part of the job was finding a place to put the finished products down. some had to go into racks and some on the ground.
Pros
to rates paid
Cons
afternoon shift which sometimes went onto the morning
Easy work
Picker / Packer, Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD28 March 2017
Friendly staff and the work was easy but very under paid was offered a superviser position for very little more than I was already receiving. Did not like grave yard shift.
Pros
Easy work
Cons
Under paid
the workplace is will organize
Welder/Fabricator,Machine & Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Darwin NT5 November 2016
the company was alright but it doesn't really belong's to what i have experience to my previous company before , as welder i enjoy somuch for that kind of job, because right now i am more on operating machine and forklift operator!
Pros
the team on the production area are all good
Cons
i work too hard and i did not give any pay increase
Challenging place to be
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Stratco QLD12 October 2016
Very safe and well organized environment . Lots of guy's are here has over 30yrs of service. It's awesome place to be. I have done 11yrs of afternoon shift
Pros
Nice lunch room and lots of get together
Cons
Lots of overtime
easy and straight forward
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Western Australia10 October 2016
A typical day would start on an afternoon shift, I would do my normal forklift checks and then after a brief tool box meeting work would start.I learned new skills on a press and forklift called a crab. Management were unseen but made an appearance when they needed too. My co workers and supervisors were the best always were looking out for me and ready to help. The hardest part of the Job was working a afternoon shift which could go until the early hours of the morning sometimes until the start of the day shift, this left me with little sleep, for the next shift.The most enjoyable part of the the job was learning new lift skills. every day was a new day and new challenge.
Pros
Overtime
Cons
Afternoon shift
Ok, but not a career maker.
Dispatch Team Member (Current Employee) –  Archerfield QLD18 September 2016
Stratco seems like a good place to work, however they are the kind of company which would rather cut a corner to save a dollar than to fix the fundamental issues wrong with their store. There is a bad culture within the store which does not encourage staff to take the role seriously. Customer orders are constantly being mixed up due to basic communication errors and instead of finding solutions to these problems, everyone, including management, seems to turn a blind eye.

The only saving grace for this job is that the role is quite straightfoward and autonomous - receving and dispatching the load, as well as other general retail duties.
Good Experience
Sales Representative (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 September 2016
A typical day at Stratco is challenging in terms of dealing with customers with various needs. I have learned to be patient and to improve my critical thinking abilities for customer's request.The management is flexible.My co-workers are helpful. The hardest part of the job is dealing with hard customers. The most enjoyable part of the job is when I gain the trust and have a great transaction with the customer.
Pros
Management is Flexible.
Cons
Short of staff.
good workplace
Merchandiser (Current Employee) –  Malaga WA23 August 2016
learn alot in the building industry its a great working environment with a great team which is a bonus. theres always something to do there which makes the days go nice and smooth.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not alot of shifts
Repetitive work, but decent coworkers.
Warehouse Juniour (Former Employee) –  Perth WA28 June 2016
Stratco Industries warehouse division is a great place to work for anyone who likes to work alone. Initiative is treasured, but clear instructions are available to those who ask. Work days are often very much the same, but KPI's can make the hum drum a tad bit more interesting. I found the management and the co-workers to be lovely, decent people, and they were definitely the best thing about the job. The hardest part of the job was definitely keeping motivated despite doing the same thing day in and day out, but this of course is somewhat subjective. It takes a special, very specific kind of person to endure this workplace for an extended period of time, but as a temporary job it is sufficient for most.
Pros
Great Boss and Decent Pay
Cons
Monotonous Work and Long Hours
Fun, challenging work place
Stratco - St Agnes (Hardware) (Former Employee) –  St Agnes SA2 May 2016
Truck washing was very challenging as the working conditions were quite bad, we would have to work as a team and work on two trucks each time and had to get through the whole trucking fleet, we were all very picky and fussy with the trucks and made sure they were overly cleaned and well presented.
Very productive my co-workers were great
Hired on as a 'Process Worker (Former Employee) –  Perth WA6 February 2016
The job was very very labour intensive but very enjoyable once the product was finished. Management very helpful learnt how to read customer drawings cut and bend their products always had help from my co-workers and the best part was the customers satisfaction of the end product.
Pros
BBQ Breakie
Cons
working by yourself