Subway Employee Reviews

Horrible work place
Manager (Former Employee) –  Salamander Bay NSW18 June 2018
don't get paid for the hours you work.... and owner is not understanding at all, pay isn't worth the time, isn't understand of what you need time off for yourself or family
Pros
There is none
Cons
You don't even get discounted food or a drink
Fun
Sandwich Technician (Former Employee) –  Slacks Creek QLD 412712 June 2018
Subway is a fun working environment and very fast paced while busy. You learn to prep different ingredients and deliver good looking and even better tasting food to very happy customers.
Bad environment
Part Time/Casual Work (Former Employee) –  Dingley Village VIC11 June 2018
The job was pretty easy and enjoyable as all of my co workers were lovely people but the management by the owners/managers was just not up to standard. They spoke (gossiped) about my co workers to me and also gossiped about me to my co workers which i found extremely unprofessional and rude and i felt uncomfortable being there.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Salary & Managment
productive and fun workplace
Subway Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 June 2018
great place for a first job, staff are very welcoming and positive. A typical day is serving a busy lunch rush and staying positive. What I have learnt working here is that the employees have your back no matter what and are all friendly, its great because you learn to complete tasks in strict time frames and learn to manage time, management is a bit dodgy as managers aren't permanent and its more temporary as they either resign or quit. The most enjoyable part of the job is how cooperative the staff are and try to make the work environment enjoyable.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
not enough pay
Worst Experience of my life
Business Manager (Former Employee) –  Bairnsdale VIC30 May 2018
I was business manager for 7 months. Staff didn't show up for shifts on a daily basis. As support was approx 3.5hrs away I would have to do these additional shifts often working up to 16hrs.
Pros
Discount Lunches
Cons
No work life balance
Productive and a great work space
subway artist (Former Employee) –  Minchinberry29 May 2018
A typical day at work was meeting new people and changing attitudes and happiness throughout the day
I was a trainee and was taught well in how to do so
I encouraged all team leaders and they encouraged me
I was supper sad to say good by to them but I enjoyed every moment we had a good laugh and I even made life long friends
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
No break
not the best
Senior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Loganholme QLD23 May 2018
its an okay first job but defiantly not long term, does give you quite a few skills that can come handy if your looking in to having a career in hospitality.
Pros
discount on food
Cons
horrible pay
Busy environment
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Perth WA22 May 2018
Easy work, busy environment, not a good work culture as most don't want to be there, no management, exploitation, no breaks but you get a free meal to eat if you have spare time
Pros
free six inch
Energetic environment- Challenging
Marks Group- Subway- Manager (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 May 2018
Interesting place to work. Great people and support from management. Always challenging. Loved having to meet KPI and owner requirements. Opportunity for advancement.
Fun
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Australia21 May 2018
Night shift worker. Lots of hours for minimal pay (trainee wages).

Workplace culture is for teenagers.

The hardest part of the job is finding a good teacher.

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Repetitive, no job security.
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Nerang QLD21 May 2018
The job is very team based, if you don't work together, the store won't run. As you get older, you don't work as much because you are more expensive to have on shift.
Pros
half price lunch
Cons
Not enough hours
Productive and fun workplace.
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Orange NSW20 May 2018
Working at Subway I gained many skills and friendships. A typical shift consisted of cleaning the working environment and equipment, replenishing stock, making sandwiches and handling the till. I learned how to to deal with customers and difficult situations under pressure, complete tasks quickly and efficiently and how to handle stock and money in a workplace. The management was optimal as I believe I had a professional and friendly relationship with my employers/leaders. The workplace culture was relatively relaxed. The most difficult aspect of the job was completing a large list of jobs in a short designated time, on top of serving many customers. The most enjoyable part of the job was being able to have great friendships with my working team.
Pros
Discounted food and drinks and flexibility with the roster.
Cons
Working late and sometimes long hours.
great place to work
Part-time Manager (Former Employee) –  Hobart TAS16 May 2018
typical day started by me arriving at 6am and setting up shop. baking bread and cookies and preparing all the salads.
I have learned how to help run a fun happy and safe place to work.
i was second incharge at subway and i enjoyed my role.
hardest part was the 6am starts :)
The most enjoyble part was the people i have met some wonderful people in my 14 years that includes staff and customers.
Pros
half price food including cookies
Cons
none really i really enjoyed my job at subway
Productive workplace
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Bribane16 May 2018
I have learn a lot about team work, time management and shift flexibility from working at subway. It had taught me how to balance work, social and uni life. The hardest part of the job is closing alone as it is solely my responsibility to do all jobs that need to be done before and after the close. The most enjoyable part of the job is working as a team with a group of fun and energetic people.
Pros
$3 lunches
Cons
Some disloyal employees
Great first job
Senior Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD14 May 2018
I was with the company for two years, I learnt alot of skills the first few months within being employed and working in a restaurant where you prep the meals in front of customers in a fast paced environments helps you learn how to multi task and do it fast. However there was a large turnover of employees due to poor management.
Pros
Good first job, staff competitions
Cons
poor management
A fun workplace were you can always meet new costumers
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 May 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is how you can change the day of a costumer, just treat others as you would like to be treated.

I have learned that the most important in the food industry/hospitality is to offer the best quality products and costumer service to guarantee a competent and profitable business.
Pros
free food
Cons
long shifts
good place
Sandwich Artist (Part Time) (Current Employee) –  Kingswood NSW10 May 2018
its a good workplace, but only if you have a good team...like any workplace team communication and team work is the key to a good workplace...........
Pros
good pay
Cons
management
Alright
Juniour sandwhich maker (Current Employee) –  St Kilda Road VIC10 May 2018
Quick, comunicative and eye to eye skills are needed to work at subways. The work needs adjusting to get use too, the other staff are nice, respectful, hard workers and fun to be around
Hectic
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW9 May 2018
Pay is less compared to similar jobs. The store I worked had resourced with less manpower in order to cut cost. So, one person had to open and stay till close. Another person accompany me during lunch hours (4 hours).
Pros
Cons
Bad management, hectic work, less pay
easy customer service work
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Forest Lake QLD8 May 2018
Make sandwiches and be friendly to customers, most customers are very picky and are normally not very nice if you make a slight mistake (even a trainee) but subway employees are chill, and tell you not to stress.
Pros
50% discount
Cons
customers