Subway Employee Reviews

Found 999 reviews matching the search See all 35,257 reviews
Best company
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW20 February 2019
I started working in this company three months ago.I have learnt a lot of things in this company like meet and salads preps,defrosting,customer service etc etc.
SANDWICH ARTIST (Current Employee) –  Yeronga QLD17 February 2019
I learnt a lot of skills and how to adjust to the environment. You work hard, you'll either be on the go constantly or you won't have customers for about an hour.
Pros
Discount on food
Awesome to work at
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Gosnells WA12 February 2019
I liked working at Subway there were lots of people to meet everyday and I like conversation with different people Everyday and the staff were excellent
Pros
You get a free sandwich of any kind everyday
Cons
There were long hours but we'll worth it
Kind of okay
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  NSW South Coast NSW12 February 2019
It is a good place to work for a first job.
The management needs to be better, unorganised orders and un-necessary bullying goes on for younger workers. This depends on your store.
Pros
50% off
Cons
underpaid
Professional company with straight-forward work
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Granville NSW10 February 2019
Very fast-paced and challenging work which I really enjoyed, and also enjoyed the team-work component. Very easy system to follow with consistent results. Professional company with a lot of opportunity to grow.
productive and fun place to work at
Customers Sales REP (Current Employee) –  Mount Druitt NSW5 February 2019
to begin with at subway work totally depends on what type of boss/ manager your working with.
i learnt how to manage my time wisely
the hardest part of the job is when you work on a holiday and do not get holiday pays or a signed contract
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no holiday pay or contract
Good experience
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Pasadena SA5 February 2019
Subway is a great job to gain lots of experience in many different aspects. As I work for OTR, I am able to pretty much run the subway part on my own for a few hours at a time and learn about what managers do and how to deal with certain situations such as uber eats
Great Job
Trainee (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 February 2019
Working at subway was a really great job. Would recommend it to anybody. It's really easy to learn and fun to do. You get to met a lot of great customers, then some even become regulars.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
People don't put their rubbish in the bin sometimes
Great company
Fast Food Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  Rockingham Beach WA29 January 2019
Great company to work for. great franchise to be a part of. Wouldn't work anywhere else! love my staff and the owner. and exceptionally good food!!!!!
productive and good experience for customer service
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Pacific Pines QLD29 January 2019
Subway is a good first job but I am ready to step up and work more hours as I have more time on my hands. There is always something new to learn everyday and the staff members are always in a positive mood.
Pros
great environment
Cons
not many hours

Want to know more about Subway?

Ask a question
Management was terrible at the Palmyra franchise, HIGHLY do not recommend
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Palmyra WA26 January 2019
Management was terrible, Boss tells me to do one thing then the supervisor tells me to do another at he same time, then I get yelled at by the boss for starting the task that the supervisor gave me then I listen to my boss and then get yelled at by my supervisor for not completing the task. Lack of communication at subway Palmyra, the franchise would be better off ran by the more responsible employees.
Pros
My free 6" at the end of my shift
Cons
Everything else
Fun to work at times, friendly coworkers
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Carrum Downs VIC23 January 2019
Owners of the store can be harsh at times but generally a pretty safe space to be. The manager is fantastic and always willing to help. Coworkers are nice and there a life long friends to be made.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Low pay rate
Good First Job
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  High Wycombe WA22 January 2019
Working for the company was very enjoyable, the job entails many different areas of experience and opportunities to learn new skills. The workplace culture was very positive and I would recommend a job at subway for anyone looking for a broad experience in the workplace.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Shift Changes
Good work
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Glenelg SA21 January 2019
Good place to work but The pay could be a bit more and your always meeting new people and making friends good place for a job you not wanting much to do
Senior Sandwich Artist
Team Member (Current Employee) –  Upper Coomera QLD16 January 2019
An amazing team and day to day job but sadly no career progression due to poor management and terrible pay. Workplace culture is very friendly and kind (everyone is eager to help and grow together). The hardest part would be the min pay and little hours as the manager does not consider anyone 'eligible' to be paid under their actual roles (i.e Seniors get paid as a trainee junior).The only thing that has kept me going for 4 years is the amazing team and customers.
Pros
Good Team, Amazing customers
Cons
Not enough hours, poor pay, bad management
Good work place
Team member (Current Employee) –  Newtown VIC16 January 2019
I enjoy working at the store I work at for subway the people that I work with are very inclusive and we all work together in a very productive manner which makes the store a positive work environment
Pros
Work environment
Cons
Not enough hours
Energetic work environment
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Waurn Ponds VIC16 January 2019
Always something to do, and is never boring. If you are somebody who finds it hard to stand still, Subway is a great environment to stay busy in. The time passes very quickly and it is usually a hoary place to be in.
Pros
Free Lunches
Cons
Shorter Shifts depending on the store
not a very well run business
Sandwich Artist (Current Employee) –  Cambridge TAS14 January 2019
start the morning at 5.30am by myself, get to around 12 and lunch hour rush would start. it would always be a busy day and very unorganised and not enough staff.