Subway
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Subway Employee Reviews

Australia1,250 reviews
Found 1,250 reviews matching the search
Worked as a senior sandwich artist, and in that position you have more responsibilities than a junior sandwich artist obviously. Everyday was a new day some days were busy others not, there were frequent customers and some not-so nice customers. Management is quite iffy but alright. Overall working there was quite tolerable, can be fun when working along side another fellow colleague, and was able to learn new skills but it isn't a great long-term job because the pay isn't that great, no penalty rates on the weekends and public holidays; and everything is repetitive so it becomes non-enjoyable after awhile. When it came to rostering, the rosters come out weekly so it gets quite messy when you have plans or schooling/uni.
Pros
25% off staff discounts
Cons
Stressful when you're by yourself, The pay rate isn't great, Rosters are unorganized, Last minute callings to cover shifts
I would recommend this to someone wanting experience In customer service, hospitality and food prep. definitely a good first job that teaches you a wide range of vital life skills.
You are significantly underpaid. Everything you hear about subway in the news is true. Theres a reason why Subway with maintaining employees for longer than a year....and its because you are underpaid, understaffed and for the most part, untrained. I got paid $12 for essentially managing the store. I have since quit, and I am now a manager. Reflecting on my role as a manger now with my current job, my responsibilities at subway were also identical. I actually have less to do as a manager with my new job, but of course the big difference is that im paid $25 an hour.
Pros
Discounted meals
Cons
Management is terrible, underpaid, understaffed, minimal training
learn fast-environment, and application of food safety.
I learned how to manage time, how to handle cash and do customer services, keep the area clean and tidy.
A very easy-going job. Every customer has a different story on how their day has been so be sure to ask them. All you need to do is provide them with the Subway that they're after and some good customer service. Respect whoever is in charge of the store as well.
People were great but the pay wasn't worth the work. I think Subway has a fair amount of things to work on as far as pay goes. The people however were great to work with.
i enjoyed working at subway.
i was the duty manager and later i managed the store.

senior management depends from person to person.

the store i worked was one of the busiest stores and it gave me the opportunity and ability to work my self in a fast paced environment.
Great franchisees great franchise great location close to home am able to teach the staff different ways to interact with customers I find this company allows me to do what I love and that is talk to people
Management and Owners not very nice. Get mad very quickly over nothing. for example, was sick one day and gave a Dr certificate and they still got mad at me. Some supervisors like management and are hypocrites. However, rest of staff are very friendly and love working with them.
I really enjoyed working at subway. Staff were amazing loved working with a team that felt like a family! I’m a fast learner so it was quite easy but the help I had was amazing!
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Subway?
great staff, quickly learned how things went along, great communication with management. learned how to communitcate with challenging customers. hardest part of the job was the stress and anxiety i had when i first started, but overtime i became more comfortable. the most enjoyable part of the job was talking with customers and learning more about customer service and a healthy life style
A typical day at Subway involved, food preparation, preparing sandwiches, defrost, fridge stacking, customer service and till work. I learned that you need to be a team player in order to work well. The management of Subway Cleveland was great and very flexible.The hardest part of the job was preparing everything perfectly to the individual customers taste. The most enjoyable part of the job was being close with co-workers.
Working at Subway as a junior staff was an amazing experience got taught so many things and working in a fast paced environment and talking to everyday customers was great. my specific experience with the managers there wasn't all that good but still the whole b=vibe of the store was amazing
I wokred hard at subway for more than a year, working about 11 hours a week while in grades 10-11. Asked the manager if I could consolidate my hours (as I was working 4 two hour shifts and 1 three hour shift every week), and was taken off the roster. Good workplace, great brand, but i had a bad manager.
I absolutely loved working for Subway Australia. It held an extremely fun work culture whilst still following workplace health and safety procedures. I started working for Subway Australia whilst I was still studying year eleven and twelve at highschool - I was given hours that worked around my school schedule, which I really appreciated. I'd love to work for a Subway again!
Staff were very friendly and welcoming. They give you good training and you get used to it quickly. Although it can be stressful at times from rush hour. Manager was very nice and flexible. Overall great place to work in.
Subway is an easy Job it doesn’t have the hardest jobs to do. It can be slow paced but at the same time it can be busy and very very fast paced. I would recommend this job to others yes. Subway I work at has great managers and bosses. The workers who work there are just a great group of people.
my workplace wasn't hygienic. I would get in trouble for being 'slow-paced' when in fact, I was trying to ensure I kept a hygienic workspace by cleaning properly. an example would be me taking the time to clean the dishes properly with hot water, soap, and a good scrub, but my co-workers would just rinse them and put them away, which made me uncomfortable. I know they were hard workers and great people, so I have to assume they did this because of the stress the manager was putting onto us with threatening to fire our co-workers at least once a fortnight.

also, the fact that we had to wash dishes and clean without gloves, which ruined my poor hands. and the sanitizer used for the dishes bleached my work uniform and created holes in it, which got me in more trouble.
Subway is good place for team work where every work has divided into all staff members.More like friendly environment, easy way to communicate with customers.
Pros
free lunch, friendly environment
Cons
challenging lunch rush.
the job at subway was really good the environment was friendly the stuff were kind towards each other the pay was good and was fun making sandwiches i was at the front with the others making subs
I really looking forward to working with u and taking deliveries to people that does not have a car. and I'm not good at cooking because my cooking is really slow process
Pros
$5 for lunchs
Cons
2 hours