Subway Employee Reviews

Found 1,049 reviews matching the search See all 37,804 reviews
Subway was a good first job
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Capalaba QLD23 June 2019
Working at subway taught me a lot about good customers service learnt what to do and what not to do and the right way to treat customers. I learnt a lot about time management and teamwork. Overall an easy job to excel and a perfect first-time job.
Pros
Good hours and good pay.
Cons
Not much training from my boss but mostly from other employees.
N/a
Subway Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Sydney Eastern Suburbs NSW22 June 2019
when working with subway, I was taught how to make sandwiches however the workers around me weren't welcoming, I was not getting paid therefore I had to leave.
Great working experience.
Fast Food Worker (Former Employee) –  The Entrance NSW20 June 2019
I enjoyed the team I worked with and learnt a lot about work place processes. The other staff members where very friendly and my managers allowed me to take food home at the end of the night.
Pros
Free food
Good culture and Workplace
TEAM MEMBER (Former Employee) –  Windsor QLD18 June 2019
Easy, good management led me to stay in the role for a long time. Good people at the workplace and comfortable hours surrounding other commitments also allowed me to continue working at Subway Windsor
Pros
People
Cons
Weekend Shift
SANDWICH ARTIST (Former Employee) –  Coburg North VIC11 June 2019
At the start of me working at subway my boss was really good, understanding of outside commitments etc. But during the end of me working there my boss was not good. He told me over text message that i was basically fired. I was getting "part time" pay but only getting one shift a week or sometimes no shifts in a week. My boss treated me like a casual not a part timer and getting away with paying me as i was a part time employee.
Pros
Free six inch and Free small drink
Cons
Non Reliable and low pay
Expectations turns into impatience
Sandwich Maker (Former Employee) –  Highpoint Shopping Centre VIC10 June 2019
BRIEF:
-Expects you to remember how to greet the customers in their way, PERFECTLY (mistakes you're out)
-EXPECTS you to know all items and how things function within 2 days (mistakes again you're fired)
-Not even an training to begin with
------
Explanation from my experience :
First of all, I applied for this job because the job sign states that it welcomes all employees (sign is still up from this day on lol). The interview for the job was on the day when I just gave in my resume for them to review, it was good with the interview and they already accepted me on the day. They gave me a list of things of what I am required to know (e.g what ingredients are on display, how the bread is cooked, etc.) and told me to start tomorrow with the "training".
Next day, I only stuffed up with some knowledge on how to greet with customers (it was like an oral test, EVERYTHING LITERALLY HAD TO BE PERFECT NO ADJUSTMENTS ON THEIR GREETING SCRIPT) and the "manager" told me to go through it several times and return home for the next day because it wasn't perfectly said word to word. Next day I was expected to know how the machines operated and how the bread was cooked, I honestly didn't remember much about it because I was put under pressure to know everything of what they have given me from the last 2 days of when I got accepted. As an honest person, I told them that I was unable to remember all of the information but did say "I will do my best". From that moment they didn't even think I was even useful to them. They just showed me the door to leave and told me to take off the uniform.
  more...
Overall, too many expectations. Lack of understanding to a person who was willing to take the job. The "manager" was basically impatient.
They really need to improve their training with new employees interested.
Better off, if they put up a sign with the type of person they are willing to take (skills: quick learner)
Pros
Cons
Training needs to be improved and worked with patiently!
Good
Sandwich Artist supervisor (Former Employee) –  Warilla NSW6 June 2019
Alright
My super wasnt paid and the owner was quite hard to work for I was made to work less then 6 weeks after a major surgery and I was also 15 weeks pregnant at the time
Bad place to work for.
Senior sandwich artist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD4 June 2019
Overall subway isn’t a good company to work for. You are required to do manager roles when being a senior and junior. Even though that is quite great, the stress isn’t worth it. The pay is also terrible and now we’re only allowed to do 4.5 hours per shift and can’t do over 25 hours. How is one to afford anything with the terrible pay and little hours. The staff are amazing but managers are terrible and they don’t care about your well being.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Pay, hours, everything.
Fun workplace
Part Time/Casual Work (Current Employee) –  Coorparoo QLD28 May 2019
Subway is a good place to work out for a starting job. It has a good working environment, it's fun and the people are lovely. Every aspect of the job is fun.
Pros
Discounts
poor management
Sandwich Artist (Former Employee) –  Paddington QLD28 May 2019
Open shifts would start at 7am, but you will not get paid until 7:30, even after setting up the store, baking bread and cookies and cleaning. Then there were our 'half an hour breaks', which usually you would be in the store alone and you are not allowed to leave the store unattended, otherwise there is one other person but during lunch rush (around 11am - 1pm) but the store would be too busy to leave just one person by themselves. Employees would be rostered on an open or close shift by themselves with no managers to supervise after 1 night of training. My manager made me feel uncomfortable and unwanted. I have been called 'useless' and other rude names on a regular basis if i had accidentally forgotten to do a task or even just messed up a minor task (everybody makes mistakes every now and then, but i feel like my manager did not understand or have the patience for this). I left after all my work mates quit, usually after being treated poorly by the manager too, or for some of them, getting paid 'under the desk' cash in hand after they turned 18. The main reason why i left is because i was not happy there, i was treated horribly, most days go home crying and ended up too scared and anxious to answer my managers phone calls and i know that this is not how my workplace should make me feel.

All that aside i had made really close friends there who i still keep contact with, and the regular customers were really lovely people.
Pros
easy job
Cons
poor management
good work
Sales Assistant (Current Employee) –  Canberra ACT27 May 2019
a typical day at work for me included a lot of cleaning around the store, preparing food and dealing with customers of all ages and abilities. at subway i learned how to deal with cash and improved my customer service skills