Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Gold Coast QLD

Gold Coast QLD21 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 21 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,977 reviews

Overall okay. Just expect a very fast paced, quick job. Not for those who like paying attention to detail or thorough work. The older you are, the more they obviously expect from you as they have to pay you more than they pay younger teenagers.

Pros

Good pay for the industry and good shifts

Cons

Expect you to work very very fast

working at subway includes a lot of food preperation and cleaning. It isn't very fun and it is alwyas busy at pacific fair or robina town centre which makes it not as fun and a big rush on everything you do. it can take from 10 minutes to 5 hours to prep one box of cucumbers when it is supposed to take 10 minutes. it takes this long because of how busy and rushed it gets. i want to move to retail instead of food because subway makes me not like working in food.

Pros

50% off

Cons

long hours, lots of food prep, rushing

Just like, don’t.

Guarantee that you’ll have a mental breakdown working here, everyone I know has. You just don’t get paid enough for what you’re expected to do, 10/10 do not recommend.

Pros

The people are usually really fun and great to get along with

Cons

Literally everything else

Unproffessional owner.

No training, Rude co-workers and no respect. Although this had to do with store owners and how it was all dealt with. I'm sure the company itself is fine.

Average fast food work

It's just making sandwiches, it's not hard work but you won't make much money. They are really good at working around schooling and it's not a bad first job.

had work experience, made me wanna work there for real

I did work experience at subway and it was a new experience but the first day I worked there, I wanted to apply for it asap. the environment was amazing and the manager was so kind and understanding. I really enjoyed it.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

not used to standing on my feet.

Great people and learnt skills

Has given me lots of experience. The customers here are usually friendly and we get regular customers too. I have made some great friends and met new people, easy job because you either serve or clean and it's pretty quiet

Pros

free lunch, 50% off!

Cons

gets boring

Owner always available to talk.

The owner of this store is very easy to talk to about any concerns. Everyone is treated fairly and equally and there is a good vibe when working in the store. Hardest part of the job is having to deal with drive thru as well as front counter, but the training provided makes it easy to do so. Most enjoyable part of the job is the challenge of juggling both drive thru and front counter and the feeling of success when you do it well!!

Pros

Discounts on food for employees

Cons

Shift work.

somewhat of a fun place to work

productive workplace that was fun majoirty of the time. twice a day all food was prepped at certain times, i learned a lot about customer service. it was some what enjoyable! management wasnt the best but still decent. the hardest part of the job was making sue thinngs went along according to plan. the most enjoyable part was working as a team with many of the employies.

Pros

good hours

Cons

First Job and not the best

I was only given 2 hour shifts and paid very poorly. I did learn many roles, including improving my communication, working in a paced environment, meeting new people, cleaning etc. A typical day at work went very quickly because i was only there for 2 hours. The hardest part of the job was learning what goes on each sandwich. The most enjoyable part was serving people.

Pros

meeting new people

Cons

Poor hours and pay

very busy workplace

Constantly on the go serving customers or preparing food. the hardest part of the job was making the rolls. I learnt how to prepare the cookies and the rolls

Fun working place not many shifts given

Not many shifts given once over a certain age but great people to work with. If below the age of 16 then a great place for you to work but once your pay rate increases less shifts are given.

Cons

No shifts

productive and happy workplace

For me to explain a typical day at work at subway, would be stressful at times but also there are also so many ups such as friendly, talkative and happy customers that are wanting to improve their health and wellbeing. From working at subway I have gained so many new and eye opening experiences. When it comes down to learning, I have learnt to work great in a team environment and also to do my jobs and set tasks quickly an safety. I have great management and time management skills which have pushed me up to being a supervisor and training the younger staff to be the best they can be. There Is no real hard part of working at subway. lastly I believe that the most enjoyable part of my job is meeting new people every single shift and also what is important to me aswell is being able to work in a team environment happily and safely.

Pros

Friendly environment

Cons

Great amount of hours

Enjoyable

Loved subway, I loved being involved in customer service and the whole making subs was so easy especially taking orders the cash register was so easy to use and there was stickers above trays so you always knew what base ingredients went on which sub.

Pros

Easy

Cons

Tiring

Productive and Fun environment.

The typical day at work was the usual, get up, prep food, open store, serve customers, clean, close for the day. I learned a lot about customer service and the hospitality industry, my managers were very nice and easy going but not too much so that we didn't work, all our co-workers were friends and we all got along most of the time our main problem was the owner of the store as he portrayed as quite rude to both customers and employees. The worst part of your day would have been rude customers or finishing late which rarely happened but as it was hospitality people had a lot to say when it came to their food, the best part would be the teamwork, the fun we had together and getting to know regular customer.

Pros

Friendships with fellow workers.

Cons

Owner was rude to all employees.

great fun and good management

my time at this store was great friendly staff well trained and always on the ball. great management. the only downfall to working here was not enough business at the store was located in a food court of a very small shopping centre.

Customer service

A typical day at subway would be walking in re-stocking and preparing food, baking bread and cookies. cleaning the front area, wiping down tables, sweeping the floors, and serving customers, and making food. The managers were only in the store during the morning I would always start when they leave, and i would usually be in charge of the store and the other employees that would work with me. The hardest part of my job would be having to clean the entire and close the store within 15 minutes, and make it perfectly clean. The most enjoyable part of my job was coming to work and working with the best people i would always come to work with a smile on my face and leave with an even bigger smile. The customers were also enjoyable they would always share funny stories and love it when i ask how their day was.

Pros

working with great people

Cons

the amount of time you had to do a perfect close

there was good days then there were bad days

i learnt how to bounce back from a bad day, how to deal with bullies at work, to ask when i was uncertain and that you have good co-workers and bad co-workers.

Pros

many skills learnt

Cons

not much space to move around in

Subway

Subway is a great place to work, especially for young people finishing school, the hours are suitable for secondary school kids with study to do as well as work. The best part about the work place would have to be being able to Co-Operate with work mates that make Subway a great place to work.

Pros

Great hours, friendly staff and staff discounts

Cons

short breaks

Productive work place, good people to work with, bad managment

When working at Subway there was always something to do so no one was ever sitting around bored, from cleaning tasks to serving customers and preping food. In my year and 10 months working at Subway I learned about good customer service skill, got my certificate 2 in Retail and learned how to open and close the store unattended.The co-workers at Subway were great, everyone was very friendly and worked hard while on shift. The management on the other where not so great, sometimes unfair only care about themselves. The hardest part of my job would have to of been opening and closing the stores alone, it was sometimes a struggle to get everything done on time when we were really busy, but it was still enjoyable. The most enjoyable part of my job was serving customers, I enjoyed making the customers orders and sending them of satisfied.

Pros

cheap subway!

Cons

un fair hours

enjoyable and busy workplace easy to get along with staff

a typical day is doing the food preperation and dishes and lunch rush.i learnt to use the cash register and to also talk to customers aswell as doing my work.our manager was friendly but also told us off when we needed it.the hardest part of the job was cleaning, dishes mopping etc:the most enjoyable part was making the sandwich.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

stay back if needed

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Subway with