Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Melbourne VIC58 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 58 reviews matching the searchSee all 55,025 reviews

Fun and teaches you a lot, low pay however

Good for a first timer (like me) as it teaches you lots of skills and has free food, however the pay is low and at times can be stressful (espically with bad coworkers, but I was lucky enough to have good ones)

not good job

the money was very bad and management is very different and allways changing as they moved store to store but i only worked there 1 day a year so it was fine.

Amazing co-workers awful upper management

Co-workers are lovely people. Plenty of time to bond and look after each other. AWFUL owner. No rates. Doesn't care about your safety. Please for the love of god read your contract very very carefully. You could end up signing away every weekend of the foreseeable future and getting no extra pay for it. Minimum wage on a public holiday with no rates. CHRISTMAS EVE with no rates. Your co workers will make or break this job too.

Pros

Amazing Co-workers and you learn a lot

Cons

A bad owner can really take advantage of you

Good and bad experience

Typical fast food joint that only cares about making profits and doesn't care about or value their employees.May look like an easy job on the outside but on the inside is definitely not an easy job. Requires you to be fast paced, and serve customers while at the same time doing a lot of behind the scenes work like heavy lifting, dish washing, preparing and stocking food, cleaning and so on.

Pros

Good coworkers and supervisors, Good training, Making subs can be fun, Free food, Talking to customers, Some benefits

Cons

Coworkers who are lazy/incompetent/unhygienic/nit picky, Rude customers and delivery drivers, Stressful, No time to rest, Wrong pay, No penalty/award rates, Rostered alone for long hours to save on "costs", Expected to do the workload of 2-3 people by yourself, Always ignored by manager

Alright place

The interview was okay. The manager was a bit disorganised and stingy; liked to give people very little amounts of food and would get angry if you added “too much”. Seemed quite disorganised and like they were losing money.

Pros

Free meal every shift

Cons

Low pay, long hours

good job for students

i worked here for a year during high school and it’s honestly a great job! there’s not many workers during shifts (usually just you and another person) so it’s usually a calm and relaxed environment, however during peak hour it gets extremely busy, and can be difficult especially with a whole line waiting to be serve with limited workers on shift and only one toaster.

Pros

- free 6inch per shift, great work life balance, management was very understanding, very quiet at times

Cons

- limited workers on shift

bad

You won’t be payed correctly under this business and won’t be treated with the acknowledgment that you deserve when you will be running around while understaffed for nothing to be done about it.

Pros

nothing

Cons

don’t get payed correctly, understaffed

Worst fast food company ever

I would give this place 0 if I could!!! Absolutely the worst place to work in. I had worked in two franchises and they both sucks, wouldn't recommend this to anyone including people looking for their first job. Manegement(owner) are very unprofessional. I wasn't properly trained and they picked out ur smallest mistake. Very stressful workplace

Pros

One Free sub and cookie

Cons

Horrible management, stressful environment

Not bhed

-Śhiț pay but co workers are siqqq -16 an hr with no penalty rates -You get 1 6 INCH sub and a small drink every shift - Management was pre cool too - would recommend as a first time job

Pros

Free sub and drink with every shift

Cons

Shìť pay

It is great to do customer service

I have done 2 years job in Wallan subway I have done making sandwiches, veg and meat prepared and also did cleaning according to requirements. It is a great opportunity to do job and gain knowledge about food products

Pros

Gain knowledge

Cons

Not any

Productive work places and great crew

As a supervisor, i was involved in many tasks and had to perform many duties through the shifts. The best thing was i was around very lovely girls and a great manager. I learnt how to work in a fast paced environment and how to always keep my self busy.

Pros

free lunch

Cons

no shifts

It is fun serving the customer and making them them food as per their description.

I love working at subway,no matter how busy the store is, it is way too fun to serve the customers. Managing the store infront and its back, serving customers plus continuous preparation of meat and managing other stuff is quite challenging but it is fun.

bad work place

the boss was terrible and we get paid $10 per hour. the food was not fresh and the work is very slow aced as we have no one coming. also the boss is rude and mean.

Good to work in group

Love to be a team member of Subway and helping people out in preparation their favorite choice of meal. Working collaboratively improves intimacy between team members and customers. Proud to be a subway sandwich artist.

A productive fast paced workplace

It can be stressful during the rush hours and the pay was moderate. I liked the people I worked with and I learnt a lot about the fast food industry. It was a good experience with flexible work hours

Fast-paced, and at times intense workplace with friendly staff and management.

Throughout my time at Subway, I faced various challenges, whilst also gaining new workplace experience. I learnt crucial customer service and teamwork skills which will definitely assist me in future job endeavours. Most days were faced with peak periods, mainly lunchtimes, which meant I was to work fast, but also being effective in the tasks I was assigned. I also spent periods working by myself, in which time management was very important. Staff and management were always friendly, and there was no shortage of shifts.

My first job

When I went there for the very first time I was absolutely clueless about how will I work here. Then the journey began right from understanding the bread to making my first sub. All that was super fun.

Very good

Hi , I working at subway got to know about difference things . A platform which gave me base to start my carrer as customer service and a sandwhich artist .working in team is fun and also interacting with everyone has made me more confident . So overall i am happy working as a sandwhich aryist . Thank you

Low pay rate, and always changing

The pay is terrible compared to other shops, people are always coming and going, poor management is a recurring problem. The owner never understood how hard we work and we are always blamed even when it isnt our fault, and have to stay back unpaid.

Pros

free food and drinks

Cons

Under staffed, high turn over

Great to learn basic about customer preferences

My key responsibility was to understand the need of the customer in hospitality industry and serve them to the best of their requirement by making neat sandwiches, perfectly baked cookies and making sure that the restaurant is tidy all the time giving my customers the best SUBWAY Dine-In experience. Was also responsible for taking stock count and placing the necessary meats, veggies, sauces and drinks order for every week. Filling the drinks and other stock material in cool room and freezer.

Pros

Flexible hours

Cons

All things were left on one person

productive and fun workplace

great place for a first job, staff are very welcoming and positive. A typical day is serving a busy lunch rush and staying positive. What I have learnt working here is that the employees have your back no matter what and are all friendly, its great because you learn to complete tasks in strict time frames and learn to manage time, management is a bit dodgy as managers aren't permanent and its more temporary as they either resign or quit. The most enjoyable part of the job is how cooperative the staff are and try to make the work environment enjoyable.

Pros

free lunches

Cons

not enough pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Subway with