Subway

Perth WA42 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 42 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,984 reviews

Productive and fun workplace

You are surrounded by lovely people and are supported to achieve your best and continue growing as you develop new skills. It is a fast-paced environment especially on weekends, however, some night shifts can be quite slow-paced. There is always lots of work to be done.

Pros

Free subs and drinks on shifts

Only positive would be the Co-Workers

Subway: Garden CityJust your regular job but thats about it, not really much to advance or make a career with it, Open, Serve, Close.Management isnt the best, Very Short notice text rosters. Workplace needs an updateHardest part of the Job is the high expectations and under staffed periods.Most enjoyable parts: Breaks, Co Workers,

Pros

Free lunches or food

Cons

Long hours, 30 min breaks even working more than 8hrs, high expectations for low wage job.

Fast-paced and fun work environment.

Working here was a great experience and enhanced my customer service skills by putting me in a stressful, fast-paced working environment. It was a fun workplace and made friends with coworkers as everyone was really friendly.

gained experience but not the best work place environment

Low pay, casual position which means non consistent hours, didn't meet promised rate and not professional. The manager was rude, didn't treat me nicely.

Good management

When i worked here, management was great! Work wasn't too stressful even though it gets busy. Rostering and pay was fair from the start. Was given the hours as promised.

Small improvements = better store environment!

I have worked at 6 different Subway stores within the two and a half years that I have been working, due to relocating a few times. I have had a few bad experiences with getting underpaid and not getting enough hours...this resulted in not being rostered on and being let go. Pay is definitely not enough to live off of. I have probably only been involved with a good team of people at one of those stores. Managers always rostered me on even if I told them in advance that I couldn’t work. Overall experience has been decent but definitely could be much better.

Depends on owner

Work is mundane and repetitive but can be made better with good management and genuine, friendly staff. You learn to do everything - from serving to cleaning to handling the till.

Pros

Free lunches and drinks

Cons

tiring and repetitive

I am a artist

It is a fun you can created different breads every day ,You can meet very interesting customers every day.I am very happy to be work in a very big company.

So much fun and great environment

Always an action packed day with different people to serve and different sandwiches to create. Was definitely exciting to wane up and go to work everyday

Great working place with very comfortable people to work for and with.

It was a great and comfortable place to work with enough amount of work that taught me a lot and helped me gain experience. The people worked great in a team which was very desirable

Pros

Good pay, Great experience and great work effort motivation

Cons

Not enough hours

Productive and fun workplace

You will never get bored working at subway, there's a lot of jobs to complete during your shift which is good as it never gets boring. The other staff are fun to work with and have become great friends of mine even out of work.

Pros

fun, discounted food, free drink with every shift

Fun, fast paced environment

I enjoyed working at Subway in Australia, I liked the flexible hours and the pace of the job. I learnt how to work as part of a team and as an individual. Throughout the time I was there I worked up to management level. I learnt how to delegate tasks and train new comers in the team.

Pros

consistent hours

Productive and good workplace

I loved woring at subway. Its reall great to worked at this food outfits .I worked with good team member. Also management is helpfull at subway.I most loved about that palce is the provide you with proper training.

Pros

Free breakfast

Cons

It was alright that all I’ve got to say

Subway was alright because the girls were being so mean except the manager because every girl that I have worked with they were pretty up them selfs and I didn’t like it because they talk too much

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

6 hours

Busy environment

Easy work, busy environment, not a good work culture as most don't want to be there, no management, exploitation, no breaks but you get a free meal to eat if you have spare time

Pros

free six inch

Subway was like a family

Subway was like a family. We worked in a fun, respectable environment, were we treated everyone equal. Managing was a big step up for me so i had to learn quick. I matured very quickly in this role, cause not only do i need to look out for myself but i had 15 other people to be responsible for. Every day i was learning something new, i came in knowing nothing about managing and walked out being a strong more independent worker

Pros

Friends

Cons

Good workplace, confusing via hours.

Very fun workplace, as their is minimal jobs and usually left on unsupervised, no reason to mess around but feel a lot more freedom and chilled. Usually working with people same age. Hours a bit confusing, they usually use their managers on during the day and give the staff just random hours in the afternoon and at night.

Pros

Good discount, freedom, experience

Cons

Difficult hours

Good people to work for

I Worked 10 to 2. This made it possible for me to take my son to school and pick him up. the people i worked for were great except the owner.

a fun and satisfaction environment

I enjoyed working at subway for the few months that I did. working there taught me how to interact with customers, how to show leadership and skills in my own workplace environment

Pros

free lunches

Cons

not many hours

Fun Team to work with but terrible owner

I learned alot about customer service working here and the team was very friendly, with the company setting up the odd team learning session every so often. The particular owner of this branch however caused many problems within the workplace.

Pros

Free lunch

Cons

Poor conditions in this store

friendly staff and enjoyble staff

I enjoyed my position at subway, it was challenging at times and very fast pasted at times. I did learn a lot while in this position that I am thankful for.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Subway with

• Subway
  • Perth WA
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?