Subway

Subway Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Sydney NSW52 reviews

3.5Work–Life Balance

Found 52 reviews matching the searchSee all 54,977 reviews

Good job for high school students

The pay isn't the greatest for part-time and full-time workers. Work can be fast-paced or very slow-paced depending on the time of day and what day it is. Generally, you get to enjoy discounted foods and drinks, and the work environment is mostly chill.

Pros

- Flexible roster, discount on foods, coworkers are chill

Cons

- Can be understaffed at times, occasionally customers can be rude

Fun for a first job, absolutely horrible management

Learning how to make different sandwiches and preparing ingredients at the back was interesting for the first 3 months of working here. Management was horrible, did not care about the employees at all, they were too entitled. The staff are unmotivated to show up to work, hate their job, and the pay is horrible. The entire store is run by naive 13-year-olds who are working their first jobs, which makes management think it's okay to treat them terribly. Do not recommend working here for more than 6 months at best.

Pros

half price sub on a shift, 10% off if you are a team member and on a shift

Cons

Long hours, 20 minute breaks, smell like subway after shift

Hated Every Second

I only worked one shift and I quit immediately after as I found out I was getting paid below minimum wage and the behaviour management and employee were extremely unprofessional. I was given absolutely no training and had no idea what I was doing when I was serving customers on my first shift. No job is better than having a job at Subway

Pros

Discounted food

Cons

Unprofessionalism in management and employees

Subway

I wouldn’t recommend working here for longer than a year. My time consisted of getting in trouble over absolutely everything that they could think of including calling in sick. I’ve met a lot of great people that I work with though. It’s just the managerial side, they care more about the business than their employees who help run it.

Subway is the best place for new comer.

Subway is good place for team work where every work has divided into all staff members.More like friendly environment, easy way to communicate with customers.

Pros

free lunch, friendly environment

Cons

challenging lunch rush.

Good first job

Working at Subway was very fast-paced. I handled the register, food and cleaning. I was also tough customer interactions. Most of the staff were kind and nice as well as really helpful to teach me but two didn't. Not sure why but a semi-hostile work-environment was made. I didn't enjoy it that much. The pay was okay. Nothing great.

Overall good

Easy going with friendly environment but sometimes have to handle stressful situations on busy day. But I enjoy serving the customers with smile and Also doing the preps.

Subway was a great place to work and the work was fun. I enjoyed working with different people and it was good to practice people skills through customer service and hospitality.

Subway is place where You can learn your start business

Subway is one of the prestige restaurant in USA,not only USA as well as in the world.People just love this place where fresh and low calorie professionals work around this the best sphere.

subway

worker of course are amazing its a good place to start or if you need somewhere for time being. depending on which subway ur employed at management can be dreadful. I had a tough time manger wise. Pay rate isnt the best, no over time or hoildays/sick days. and the hours you work vary.

Multitasking and lots of work

Working with customers was the best part of the job. Not enough staff to cover shifts, almost no time for breaks, unrealistic time frame to complete daily tasks.

Very welcoming.

A typical day would be balancing cleaning work space and customers always. Learned how to work under pressure and to communicate well with my workmates. The hardest thing about the job was the pay, I dont think me or other workers were paid what we were worth. I enjoyed my job very much though and always looked forward to seeing everyone i worked with.

Pros

Free Six inch

Cons

10min Lunch Break

Best company

I started working in this company three months ago.I have learnt a lot of things in this company like meet and salads preps,defrosting,customer service etc etc.

Great Job

Working at subway was a really great job. Would recommend it to anybody. It's really easy to learn and fun to do. You get to met a lot of great customers, then some even become regulars.

Pros

Free Lunches

Cons

People don't put their rubbish in the bin sometimes

Eat Fresh!

Operated four stores owned by family. Room to grow at store level and proceed further through company's head office if desired. Hire the right people in your store and you will have a dynamic team culture that is very productive.

Pros

Free food as it was a family business

Cons

high staff turnover.

Fun and easy

Our team is fun and enthusiastic, so it is fun working. The job wasn't that hard, and you always know what the management wants from you. The management cares about their employees and helps to overcome difficulties.

Pros

You can get a free sub on your break

Cons

Customers can be annoying

Not Bad work

The hours were long which wouldn't be a problem except we didn't get breaks. I would work 8-9 hours a day 5 days a week starting either early morning or finishing late at night. wither alone or with one person serving up to and sometimes over 60 customers AN HOUR with no breaks. My co-workers were amazing and have developed some long lasting friendships but it was just crazy how my pay was so low, the hours so long and we didn't even have a chair we were allowed to sit in. The head office would come in and review the store but they don't regulate these important things. Also no room to grow, our assistant managers never got any proper training. They both should have been trained and gotten TAFE certificates when they were promoted to there manager positions, but they didn't.

Cons

Bad Pay & no room to grow

fun workplace

working at subwat for the period of time that i did, it was a good experience to further my knowledge in how an everday business runs. i learnt customer service skills along with cash handling, cleaning and many other things. the people you get to meet everday is such a positive side to the job and meeting peoples needs feels great. i recommend this job as i did enjoy working here.

Pros

free lunches

customer service and communicate.

Subway is a very busy restaurant in SYD, which mean you need to hurry during work and keep clean during work. I learn from having to deal with the high-pressure working environment during this job.

Pros

staff are high motive.

Cons

lack of communicate.

really good working enviornment

It had a hardworking enviornment and employees as well our boss was very helping and understanding, the only problem was that he didnt often visited stores and because of that many employees made a mess

Hectic

Pay is less compared to similar jobs. The store I worked had resourced with less manpower in order to cut cost. So, one person had to open and stay till close. Another person accompany me during lunch hours (4 hours).

Pros

Cons

Bad management, hectic work, less pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Subway. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

Compare Subway with