Sugarman Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Sugarman Group Employee Reviews

Australia3 reviews
ok
they was a OK employer nothing special just OK, typical agency work sometimes lots sometimes hardly any, I used them to top up my main work when I in Perth
They are an employment agency and mostly depend other organisations to give them work to pass on to employees
Good company to work for though they are an agency waiting to deploy people whenever something comes up from the actual service providers. You have to be patient to wait for something.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
No permanent shifts you are always waiting for work at last minute
It is what it is: a staffing agency.
As a casual - other casuals will get paid more for doing the same job as you, other casuals will get paid for travel and you may not, calls for work are inconsistent and at the last minute, if you are booked to work and turn up and they no longer need you you will likely not get paid for your travel, effort and punctuality. Unprofessional at times.

Every time they call you for work, it's like they are twisting your arm to get you to go out and work for them so they can earn their commission. It's not an offer for work, it's a guilt trip.

As a permanent - there is a blurry line between talking about issues with Sugarman or the actual company that hires you, the communication between you, the hiring consultant and the company that may hire you is poor and miscommunication is common.

They make thousands of dollars when they place you with a company as a permanent full time teacher. They exaggerate, tell lies, do the whole sales pitch thing to make money from you. This can be good if you are desperate for a job but it is bad if you want a job that is sustainable and has a good culture.
Pros
It can be easy to get work
Cons
Travel, they don't listen to what you want
Do these reviews help you learn more about working at Sugarman Group?