Sumo Salad Employee Reviews

Never Again
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD, Airport10 September 2019
Management need to implement new ideas on their systems as their values and systems is based on totally unacceptable behaviours, arrogance, and total incompetence which leads to employee downfall.
Fun
Customer Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Perth WA11 July 2019
Fun to work, diverse work culture, motivational work techniques, new skills and experiences privileges, good work ethics, good management, reasonable pay rate
fun place to work
CUSTOMER SERVICE ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Armadale WA2 June 2019
good hours could have music on while we worked staff discount could have a coffee while we worked roster was flexable food was healthy we could have a say in which salad we could put out for the day
Pros
discount
Good First Job
Salad Artist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD9 May 2019
This is a fine first job but the company will not last the next two years.
No job security, bad management - lots of cut corners. I was let go because of my age, despite being the most senior member of staff and being replaced by a girl who constantly stole and mismanaged the store.
Franchisees do not care about anyone but themselves, do not care about the quality of food or health and safety. The customers are being scammed, the price and quality are not relative.
Productive, fast paced work environment
Casual Employee (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD26 February 2019
While at Sumo Salad, located in the heart of the Brisbane City Myer Centre, I was involved in busy early morning opening shifts, fast paced lunch rush hours and closing shifts. My role included food serving and preparation, workplace hygiene and OHS practices, cleaning and general maintenance, excellent customer service and care and dish washing duties. I loved the challenge of a busy lunch rush and am alway looking to pursue a challenge in the workplace. I found it an overall very enjoyable and friendly work environment and I got on well with my bosses and co workers.
Pros
free lunches, flexible hours, friendly work environment
Slow working, hostile work place
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Garden City QLD24 January 2019
I felt out of place and judged by the other older workers. I would usually serve up our cold salads or make the salads/wraps, also grabbing store produce in the storerooms. I learnt how to form relationships with customers and serve them properly. the hardest part of the job was a little communication that occurred.
Pros
discounted food
Cons
short hours
Average workplace
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC27 December 2018
I learnt alot working at Sumo Salad, as they have strict policies, procedures and guidelines. I was taught how to correctly approach a customer and ensure they purchase food from the restaurant without directly forcing the customer to do so.
Pros
Clean Workplace Environment
Cons
Not under responsible management
flexible timetable
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Penrith NSW29 October 2018
learn how to up-sell and communicate with customers. i also learned how to manage the time and prioritise the work according to its urgency. we have fun and hardworking colleague.
nice people, unorganised
Team Member (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Kotara NSW27 September 2018
Working at Sumo Salad was a good experience for me as i learnt new skills and met new people. The management was very unorganised, as it was the managers first business.
Productive and fun
Kitchen Hand (part time) (Former Employee) –  Morley WA15 August 2018
I will recommend anyone to work at here as you can meet different types of customer every time. It will be useful before formally entering into a workplace.
Alright
"Salad Artist" (Former Employee) –  Perth WA21 July 2018
This was an interesting workplace. The staff were postive and had a good work ethic but the early starts really burned some people out, which does bring down the mood somewhat.
Good for students
salad artist/customer service (Former Employee) –  Clarkson WA21 June 2018
good place to work
staff are great and the managers are hughly skilled and teach you the ins and outs of job role very well, very professional yet comfortable working environment to work in.
Fun workplace
Sales Assistant (Casual) (Former Employee) –  Rockingham WA1 June 2018
Fun workplace serving healthy food and learning how to problem solve and work to provide the best customer service however not enough hours were available
Don't Bother
Server (Former Employee) –  Preston. Northland3 April 2018
Staff are relaxed and band together. When the management is around you have to look for things to do. And they are over bearing. Pay is dismal. You won't get the shifts you need and its more recently laughed off in your face as your not working hard enough.
Pros
Customer Interaction
Cons
Preston management needs to be looked at.
Fun workplace environment
Salad Artist (Former Employee) –  Gold Coast QLD7 March 2018
Wonderful company to work for, I learnt alot working in the hospitality industry for Sumo Salad. The most enjoyable part was making up different types of foods that was the most fun.
Productive, safe and supportive environment
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Carindale QLD13 February 2018
Sumo Salad gave me great experience in working with people and understanding customers, this helping me with the confidence to talk to people and the understanding of people
Fun and inviting workplace
Salad Artist/shift leader/customer service (Current Employee) –  Karratha WA7 October 2017
I enjoyed every shift and treated my job with a strong passion. The Management is superb and is ideal to work with. The crew has a strong support base and are extremely encouraging.
Pros
50% off products while working, strong team support system
Cons
Null.
Fresh food, good attitude in all stores
Manager (Current Employee) –  Bunbury WA21 July 2017
Love sumo salad, it's fresh, there's always a good vibe in most stores, and they are willing to help you out especially if you have certain food allergies or dislikes.
10/10
Pros
50% off lunch when rostered on
was enjoyable and taught me many things
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Greenhills WA18 July 2017
enjoyed working and learning new things within the workforce, I enjoy meeting new people and communicating with people, worked together as a team to achieve goals
Selling Healthy, Eating healthy
State Operations Manager VIC / ACT (Former Employee) –  Melbourne Northern Suburbs VIC7 July 2017
Always on fixed call cycle
- meeting franchisees
- Mentoring, coaching and leading them to success
- Always good to spend good time with store team members and find what are the good in and to retrain them to become a better in job inline with brand
- everyday brings new challenge and end up with achievement for the day