Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

You’re only as good as your last day of sales
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW13 April 2019
The pay for this role is ridiculously low for they amount of work expected. It’s very hard to tick all of the boxes all of the time. There are some really great leaders and also some really poor ones. I worked under 4 leaders and had a 50/50 experience with this. Upper management is very poor at communicating change and delivering on promises. I met some great people but overall felt under appreciated.
Pros
Good strong products, great customer base, met some lovely people
Cons
Low pay, forever changing KPI’s, felt unvalued when I was struggling, and unrecognised when I was exceeding
Terrible culture
Manager Assurance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2019
Constant restructures have created a culture of distrust and looking after oneself. Bullying is rife and never addressed. Avoid this company if possible.
Unpleasant experience 😮
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC31 March 2019
Absolutely shocking the way this company sucks you in from the initial stages to the job offered they don't tell you all the hidden things your required to do.
I think I'd rather be a monkey at a zoo than chained to my desk and watched like a hawk.
Training is not enough. There is no moral support or guidance.
Pros
Meet a few good friends .travel time good
Cons
Insurance sucks
Large soulless company with below average pay and inexperienced managers
Suncorp Group (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 March 2019
It would seem anybody could become a manager here if you stayed in the company long enough and filled out enough applicationz.

The pay is an absolute joke the micromanagement is unbearable. Colleagues are usually okay but anybody who is incompetent will shove their work onto you to do if you've finished on your own. people go on stress leave and call in sick so other people do the work for them that they dont want to do. I'm jobsearching as we speak. Dont join this company, the money is laughable and the management are rude and certainly dont have your best interests at heart.
Pros
work from home. they pay me money.
Cons
long hours, stress, incompetent staff, very low pay, always work to do, and not just your own.
Great career opportunities
CLAIMS ASSIST CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW17 March 2019
Nationwide employer with a wide variety of career options available.
They are supportive and committed to investing in ongoing training for all employees
Fantastic company to work for
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC7 March 2019
I was hired as a contract temp for 6 months total. Fantastic coaching and personal/professional development . Lovely work environment filled with amazing people.
Pros
Coaching and development / work from home
Cons
N/a
Genuine work/life balance just poor leadership
Workforce Planning Manager - Technology (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW3 March 2019
Suncorp is well positioned for strong growth, however with no middle management the messages from the top do not clearly make their way down.
That said the working culture is the best that I have experienced!
Overall experience was a positive one
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA28 February 2019
Fast paced work day. PDS trained for multiple products. Workplace culture wasn't so friendly. Learning system terminology was difficult. Fun Customers
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Unfriendly management
Good place to start your banking career
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 February 2019
Decent size bank with a good reputation in QLD and nationwide. You can pick up skills essential for your future career progress. Due to its limited footprint, it struggles with keeping talent on a long run
Comapny with a vision
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 February 2019
Company is with a vision that aligns with the realities of the market and strives to deliver the best for its customer. It provides a safe and grooming environment for its employees and works towards their professional development.
Culture and training
Motor Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2019
Suncorp provided training and let me work in different locations to get a better understanding of claims which helped me with my career goals in claims
Pros
Work from Home, Benefits and career opportunities
Cons
Long waits for Leadership and Senior roles being available
Great
nice old buildings
Good salary
Good culture and management
Low paid , bonuses are a joke. Just a number
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 December 2018
Suncorp pays their staff such a low wage it's a joke. I have been with the company for 4.5 years and the lady at my local supermarket gets paid more than me. They pay so low that staff get denied lending promotions and benefits as we are classed as "low income earners" customers call up to discuss insurance products to say they are struggling to pay for their insurance and the consultants taking the calls are also struggling as the wages we get paid are a joke. I am a top performer and I go onto a draw to go on a work trip if I win. My pay rise was 97c extra per hour even though exceed my targets from selling insurance. Compared to other companies they pay the lowest in the industry. You can work from home which is fantastic but down side is you don't get flexibility with choosing your hours and may still need to pay for after school care as they will roster you on after school hours. Ect..hours are to suit them and their needs. They give you a 20.00 gift voucher to say job well done or movie tickets at dodgy cinemas (anything cheap) at chirstmas time there is no bonus or anything for the staff. Your just a number
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Low wage
no work life balance
Investigations Review Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 December 2018
No work life balance in Brisbane. over worked and no over time. When concerns are brought up the response is its the nature of the role. People are on stress leave and quitting because of this.
Would enjoy this job if it was only speaking with customers about product they enquired about
Sales and Service Assistant, Duties (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD13 December 2018
I have been in banking in one way or another in many jobs. Suncorp had introduced KPI since I had worked with Suncorp last. These required that we speak to customers about product they did not want or require. If i was able to dispense money and chat to the customer to draw out what they required would enjoy the position more.
Pros
Enjoyed the majority of my tasks
Cons
Having to question everyone about product you asked them about last week.
Many promises no delivery
Sales & Service Banking consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2018
Very depressing work environment. Nothing ever works, very little to no support. The people are great, unfortunately upper management cannot deliver what they promise. Don't be fooled by all the "bare with me" and "transition period" staff have been waiting for over a decade.
Pros
Fantastic people on the ground level
Cons
Tech is abysmal
Suncorp
Banking Services Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD22 October 2018
Although it could be repetitive and sometimes the customers were upset. Overall this was a very good company to work for.
The people that worked there were great.
Great company to work for with great employee benefits.
Learning Facilitator (Former Employee) –  Various locations6 October 2018
Typical day was facilitating to many new and existing specialists in their role. The business required compliance facilitators to ensure all legislative and compliance aspects were adhered to. I was to enable the specialists in their role to ensure high customer levels of service were adhered to.
Supportive environment
Senior Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA26 August 2018
Initially very relaxed working environment, then started outsourcing claim lodgement to India, then introduced micromanagement. Provided great training and well supportive environment
Pros
Training
Cons
Micromanagement
Good job if you don’t have kids
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2018
It’s a great job, but doesn’t really fit around having children. Great for single people and childless people - management is very supportive though if you have children.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Work/life balance

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.