Suncorp Group
Receive weekly updates, new jobs, and reviews

Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Australia180 reviews
The constant restructure sees people constantly being placed into roles they are not qualified for. There is no respect for subject matter expertise the only thing they value is “leadership” experience. You often find someone managing a business area one minute then running a risk team the next. No wonder Suncorp gets hammered in the Royal commission
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Bums in seats approach with not focus on quality of people
Developing activities to drive customer growth within Western Australia. I focused on the growth and development of WA's new retail branches and I thoroughly enjoyed this experience.
Pros
Job Satisfaction; Customer Growth; Positive Culture
Cons
Dispassionate State Manager at the time.
Enjoyed working here. It's a fast paced environment and there is plenty of support for you to grow and learn. Fantastic modern office space in the heart of Melbourne.
Pros:

Stable work environment, supportive work colleagues, average remuneration, flexible working arrangements, Friday casual dress code, decent opportunities for growth.

Cons:

Work quickly becomes repetitive.
This WAS a great company when I started. The only thing good now are the flexibility and some immediate team leaders.

Senior Leadership Team has a lot of introspection to do. They make people go through restructures every year and make roles redundant left, right and centre like it's nobody's business. Restructures usually see favourite people retain their roles or find new roles at the top. Every restructure in the People Experience team (HR/learning) has been driven by nepotism and favouritism.

The Learning team especially, under a new imported Executive Manager about 8-9 months old, is in absolute ruins. This 'leader' literally has a list of those they don't like (those who don't extend favours to them) and completely ignores these people. Obviously, this is the primary reason for my writing here and maybe there are teams with better leaders out there.

The current restructure of the learning team has no method to it. Like every time, they are running a consultation period with employees but have already decided to stick to the decisions they have made. They are pretending to listen but in essence are only doing due diligence on paper. They just finished a round of engagement surveys and are positioning this restructure as a response to that to increase engagement, and this just does not make any sense.

Suncorp is not the place it used to be. It's become extremely cliquey, extremely caustic, and extremely unsafe with senior leadership that will only lead the organisation further to its downfall. Stay away or look for a new job if you are already part of this organisation.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Biased senior leadership, favouritism, nepotism, emotional bullying
In my short time at Suncorp it was great, pays great, environment is great, training is great however I was personally targeted by my team leader forcing me to resign from my position from the way I was treated. Over all the job isn’t too bad.
Staff parking is RIDICULOUS & you either have to sell tour internal organs or catch public transport that’s almost just as expensive not to mention time consuming.
Pros
Work life balance, pay & training.
Cons
Bullying from superiors, parking.
In comparison to other Newcastle call centres, this is a horrible place to work. It was constantly busy and they never hired enough staff to give other staff a break. Expected you to drag out conversations with customers and sell sell sell. There was never a chance of career progression unless you were in the clique of whom all hung out every weekend and travelled overseas together. I used all my sick leave before leaving and calling in they made you feel like dirt. Other Newcastle call centres pay you 10k more a year.
Pros
decent christmas party
Cons
management
You will enjoy the work - life balance. Pretty jovial and productive environment. Lots of learning involved. Well cultured workplace and great management.
I worked in Corporate Recoveries as a temp for 6 months and had a fantastic time.

Most people were fantastic and managers were lovely and I met some great people (always one bad egg and there was one old guy who thought it was funny to constantly make fun of my Scottish accent which is weird as he was originally from the UK many years ago but apart from that it was great).
It is a workplace where you can meet life long friends who support you in what can be a stressful.
The workplace has great facilities for the staff, and your safety is top priority.
Suncorp has lovely great team environment but the management is shocking. During my time there management thought it would be a good idea to half our training period and throw us in the deep in which lead to multiple new staff members to be inexperienced and unable to perform their duties to the best of their abilities. AVOID AT ALL COSTS
Cross business unit collaboration evident. Ability to work with partners across multiple business units to achieve business goals. Team mindset while developing team members.
Suncorp is one of the nicest, most generous places you will ever work. I have often said it deserves the best employees. There's a great social aspect to the organization. :).
A caring company that looks after its employees and rewards its workers with amazing opportunities and rewards when you meet and maintain or excel with your targets.
Pros
Work from home opportunities
Cons
kra's
Good working culture.
It's 9 to 10 hrs work every day to meet the dead lines

Learnt work life balance, however it was stressful at times

I enjoyed the monthly drinks and get together
Pros
Frre drinks every month
Cons
Politics
High professional work environment with great work life balance and people provide friendly workplace. Can be very high pace and high pressure at times.
Giving the Customer the support they need following a major loss is were compassion over rides any disaster now matter how bad it really is. Thank you Suncorp
A typical day at work is very monotonous and tedious as I was dealing with emotional customers. This would normally be "ok" but not for the bad management and complete lack of job advancement.
The stuff there where always rude. Abusing you if you didn’t do anything right. Fired people for no reason. Always trying to one up everyone. Never there to help anyone
This experience left me with a bitter taste in my mouth. I would not recommended or even suggest to work for Sun Corp or associated business partners.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.