Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Great work culture and people, bad management decisions
BT Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2018
The people in my department were delightful to work with. They were very motivating and collaborative and always encouraged people to try new things, but there was only so much we could experiment with. Suncorp says they are open to trying new ideas and projects and being risky, but they are truly very risk averse, which created a strange working environment. Many projects I was on got cancelled or switched around to other teams which was very discouraging.

And restructure after restructure fostered a feeling of instability amongst myself and my colleagues, and unfortunately towards the seemingly directionless upper and senior management. I think Suncorp will be very great in a few years, but right now there is too much instability in their company direction. There is also not a lot of room for upward growth at this time.
Pros
Lunch and Learns, great work culture, friendly people
Cons
bad and inconsistent management, poor upward growth
Ovreall godd work- life balance employer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2018
Good overall company, but sometimes change implemented without any relative employee benefit. Too much middle management ,
Work-life balance okay , but need to be traditional part time and not flexi part-time.
Pay structure average, and bonuses the bare minimum.
Does have option of work from home
Pros
Work fom home
Cons
Bare bonuses
Great opportunity
Insurance Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 April 2018
I learnt a lot in intensive training in this role. I was taught a lot about the insurance industry, and given all the tools to succeed. When I was comfortable in the role I was able to thrive in an atmosphere in which my boss kept me motivated and allowed me to demonstrate my ability to rise to all challenges.
A work/life well balance culture.
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Barangaroo NSW28 March 2018
I was fortunate enough to work with fun loving, beautiful people/team and when it comes to doing and performing our tasks, it was to the best of our abilities, meeting the deadlines and with good result. The last work location was superb, modern office with state of the art deco and furnishings. We were given a laptop to bring home for work - working from home made working and attending to the family needs well balanced. Management takes care of their staff from career to family life perspective. Hardest part is we sometime need to stay back or work overtime on month ends. Most enjoyable part is team buildings and lunch out with the team.
Excellent work environment
PX Consultant (Former Employee) –  Heathwood QLD19 March 2018
Excellent work environment, systems need improvement, good development courses and capable management team.

Good team spirit and culture. Balanced work / life.
Good company to work for.
Parts Cost Controller (Former Employee) –  Brisbane12 March 2018
Good company to work for. Workmates were great. Salary was good. Changed the structure of company. Could not work for new boss who new less than us. I sacrificed my job so others might keep theirs. I new of more work, and was moving to new area.
Pros
Good company to work for.
Cons
Could not see the greater picture.
work summery
Lending service Officer (Current Employee) –  Milton office12 March 2018
worl day at suncorp is predictable, it has its own routine. I have learned a lot about banking and loan services with suncorp which benefits me with my own home loan. The management needs improvement as they do not pay enough attention on what they are lack of. Worl environment is good but people are busy and focus on their role that sometimes forgot to pay attention on their surroundings. The hardest part of this jog is that you have to think of your service as business as well, and cannot be weak and tried to help customers with all your effort without breaking the policy. The most enjoyable part of this job is when you get to hear and listen to stories of others and it opens your eyes to others perspectives on things.
Pros
easy to manage
Cons
poor management team
Very Productive
Data Entry (AAMI QTP) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 March 2018
Staff was very friendly, group meeting every morning helped us to plan out our days better. I learnt how to manage reports and learnt about data entry. Workplace culture was very easy going and user friendly.
Productive, work life balance
Recoveries and Settlment Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 February 2018
Suncorp work life balance is exceptional and assist all their employees in personal and work life.
Suncorp appreciates their workers and always find ways to accommodate them.
Banking
Banking (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 January 2018
People who can sell are quickly favourited to get more sales for the manager, who gets all the credit for the work of the team. Egotistical management who breed and teach this to anyone they promote. Everybody just walks around trying to be noticed by higher management. Low pay for a lot of work. Just don’t.
Pros
Insurance discounts.
Cons
Great Benefits but it's a short term job only
Claims Assist Consultant (Former Employee) –  Newcastle NSW28 January 2018
Great benefits, flexible working hours for Mums, but you can only work in a call centre for so long. Look at it as a short term job 2-3 yrs max..........
Pros
good benefits/pay
Cons
talking to customers on the phone ALL DAY LONG
Process and Work Culture
Iteration Manager (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD30 December 2017
Process at Suncorp is streamlined and well organised. They are completely Agile and the work life balance is perfectly maintained at Suncorp.
There is transparency at Suncorp and multi cultured environment,
Pros
Process and work/life balance
Cons
Business decisions
Overall a great place, for someone with no goals or ambitions.
Customer Value/Development Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC26 December 2017
terrible place for a young person with their whole life ahead of them. I had a terrible couple of months where everything was going wrong, I had to take a step back and re evaluate my life. Because I spent a little while not meeting some KRA's (always I have smashed them), I suddenly didn't feel secure, I was being pressured and poked like a bear in a zoo.

I gained anxiety, I did not cope with my problems like I should have. It should be evaluated how this place is run.
I then couldn't change departments because I wasn't meeting the KRA's in mine. I hand choice but to leave the company.
Pros
A lot of people try so hard and they should be so proud of themselves
Cons
no recognition, no lenience, felt suffocated
double standards, no oportunity for advancement
Settlements/Securities Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD12 December 2017
Unless you were in the select group of employees, you received nothing, no advancement opportunities and no bonuses. Working hours were unreasonable you got up in the dark and got home in the dark, there was no work life balance. If you needed to change shifts, you needed to attend to this yourself. Emails to the team leader were not read and caused major issues.
Pros
You received a pay cheque
Cons
Long Hours no work life balance
Reputable company
Treasurer (Current Employee) –  North Lakes26 November 2017
Exciting new challenges everyday. Focusing on educating our customers with a more efficient and faster way of future banking.
Job opportunity within the group to move into other areas.
Good Company
Customer Value North Manager / Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Central Plaza QLD10 November 2017
Good Company if you're starting off in the workforce industry.
They will invest time and support to get you started.
Most people move up through hard work rather than who you know.
Pros
Convinience, Well know localy, Great staff benefit
Cons
Lack of connectivity from each department, Strategy is there but its not always followed by different department.
Great company to work with
IT Security Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD1 November 2017
Great team culture and work life balance. as part of their Security Access Administration. Main duties included provisioning access to new users and modifying current user access. As Suncorp had recently taken over Promina, their provisioning requirements escalated substantially. This meant an increase of staff of about 8,000 spanning companies in both New Zealand and Australia. These extra staff required new access to the Suncorp systems.

Due to the involvement of overseas outsourcing %75 of our team were let go.
Pros
work culture, team environment
Cons
Cannot think of any CONS
Excellent people and high performing culture
Communications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2017
I learned how to become a better communicator during my time with Suncorp.

I managed group channels, important financial milestones and developed a keen eye for detail.

The people were exceptional and I had great mentors and leaders.
Great work enviroment
Sales and Service Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Longreach QLD25 October 2017
Suncorp is an amazing place to work. Though sometimes stressful having great colleagues and access to many benefits help overcome anything you may experience in both your personal and work life. Pay is rather good and bonus can be achieved. The hardest part of this job would be the different for each store however my perspective would be having patience with customers who believe that your job is easy. Having great time management and customer service skills are important for this job as building rapport is essential to making targets. Suncorp provides great training on each activity your job title requires you to do.
Pros
Great people, amazing company, training provided.
Fun environment - room for advancement
Insurance Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton QLD24 October 2017
Taking calls was fine, even if you had a difficult one. The support structure was good. Advancement - heaps of opportunities, as multi faceted company.
Pros
Free dress days
Cons
Difficult customers at times