Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Avoid At All Costs
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 May 2019
Pay is awful, culture is even worse. Management/leadership gang up on staff and will push you out if you stand up for yourself or others. I cannot express how disappointed I am with the treatment myself and almost every other entry level employee have experienced while working for Suncorp. No matter how well you perform or how loyal you are to their company the treatment remains the same. There is a very strong "us vs. them" mentality amongst leadership/staff. Leaders and managers will go as far as to sabotage your stats and KPIs to benefit their own bonuses. Bullying is everywhere and the company is extremely aware of it and continue to do nothing. They advertise and recruit with an incredibly fake facade, lulling any potential employee into a VERY false sense of what the job and culture will be like. Once you are in training for your new role it doesn't take long for you to see exactly what you've gotten yourself into.

My best advice would be to avoid this company at all costs, not only as an employee but also as a customer. Maybe look into other brands under the Suncorp umbrella, get yourself educated and avoid those as well. If you choose not to take this advice, good luck to you.
Very negative environment, lacks support, empathy and training. There's an embedded culture that you are the problem, not the department.
Investigations Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 May 2019
This would have to be one of the worse working environments I've ever worked in. Sad that you have to leave a job you like, however the lack of support, constant put downs & leaders with no empathy makes you want to leave - like I did. Since my time during this role, I've seen heaps of people break down, people resign with one even going on stress leave. Sick leave is at an all time high. I've seen people who are under constant pressure, working crazy hours and treated poorly, yet told they have poor time management. When issues were raised, you were either performance managed, told that ' we all go through it ' or was presented with the idea that perhaps you are not fit for the role.
You come back from leave with over due work that puts you behind. Then you get performance managed.
It's widespread in the department, no matter which location you work in.
This experience greatly impacted my personal life, negatively.
It's sad that Suncorp won't address the issues within this department, as many great people leave.
Cons
Long hours, no support
Culture and Work Life Balance
Event Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 April 2019
Suncorp are all about Diversity and Work Life Balance. You get your work done and you do receive rewards. I would work here again, however was made redundant. Great Culture and Environment to work in however Management could communicate more with their staff - they tend to leave comms to the last minute.
Pros
Culture and Diverse
Cons
Management and Communication tend to lack in areas
very average
banker (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD25 April 2019
No support in my line of work. goals changed all the time, planners aren't look after. the company focused more on the back office not customers facing roles. nice ppl to work with.
You’re only as good as your last day of sales
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW13 April 2019
The pay for this role is ridiculously low for they amount of work expected. It’s very hard to tick all of the boxes all of the time. There are some really great leaders and also some really poor ones. I worked under 4 leaders and had a 50/50 experience with this. Upper management is very poor at communicating change and delivering on promises. I met some great people but overall felt under appreciated.
Pros
Good strong products, great customer base, met some lovely people
Cons
Low pay, forever changing KPI’s, felt unvalued when I was struggling, and unrecognised when I was exceeding
Terrible culture
Manager Assurance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2019
Constant restructures have created a culture of distrust and looking after oneself. Bullying is rife and never addressed. Avoid this company if possible.
N/a
Australia as Regional Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 April 2019
I felt under valued working for suncorp. I wasn't utilised to my full extend and management didn't like to be found to be wrong. Even though a solution was provided.
Pros
Normal TOT's - good super schemes (Staff and customers)
Cons
Management look after their own - ie: is some cases poor performers get promoted
Unpleasant experience 😮
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC31 March 2019
Absolutely shocking the way this company sucks you in from the initial stages to the job offered they don't tell you all the hidden things your required to do.
I think I'd rather be a monkey at a zoo than chained to my desk and watched like a hawk.
Training is not enough. There is no moral support or guidance.
Pros
Meet a few good friends .travel time good
Cons
Insurance sucks
Large soulless company with below average pay and inexperienced managers
Suncorp Group (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 March 2019
It would seem anybody could become a manager here if you stayed in the company long enough and filled out enough applicationz.

The pay is an absolute joke the micromanagement is unbearable. Colleagues are usually okay but anybody who is incompetent will shove their work onto you to do if you've finished on your own. people go on stress leave and call in sick so other people do the work for them that they dont want to do. I'm jobsearching as we speak. Dont join this company, the money is laughable and the management are rude and certainly dont have your best interests at heart.
Pros
work from home. they pay me money.
Cons
long hours, stress, incompetent staff, very low pay, always work to do, and not just your own.
Great career opportunities
CLAIMS ASSIST CONSULTANT (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW17 March 2019
Nationwide employer with a wide variety of career options available.
They are supportive and committed to investing in ongoing training for all employees
Fantastic company to work for
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC7 March 2019
I was hired as a contract temp for 6 months total. Fantastic coaching and personal/professional development . Lovely work environment filled with amazing people.
Pros
Coaching and development / work from home
Cons
N/a
Genuine work/life balance just poor leadership
Workforce Planning Manager - Technology (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW3 March 2019
Suncorp is well positioned for strong growth, however with no middle management the messages from the top do not clearly make their way down.
That said the working culture is the best that I have experienced!
Overall experience was a positive one
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA28 February 2019
Fast paced work day. PDS trained for multiple products. Workplace culture wasn't so friendly. Learning system terminology was difficult. Fun Customers
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Unfriendly management
Good place to start your banking career
Senior Internal Auditor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD20 February 2019
Decent size bank with a good reputation in QLD and nationwide. You can pick up skills essential for your future career progress. Due to its limited footprint, it struggles with keeping talent on a long run
Comapny with a vision
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 February 2019
Company is with a vision that aligns with the realities of the market and strives to deliver the best for its customer. It provides a safe and grooming environment for its employees and works towards their professional development.
Culture and training
Motor Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2019
Suncorp provided training and let me work in different locations to get a better understanding of claims which helped me with my career goals in claims
Pros
Work from Home, Benefits and career opportunities
Cons
Long waits for Leadership and Senior roles being available
Great
nice old buildings
Good salary
Good culture and management
Low paid , bonuses are a joke. Just a number
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 December 2018
Suncorp pays their staff such a low wage it's a joke. I have been with the company for 4.5 years and the lady at my local supermarket gets paid more than me. They pay so low that staff get denied lending promotions and benefits as we are classed as "low income earners" customers call up to discuss insurance products to say they are struggling to pay for their insurance and the consultants taking the calls are also struggling as the wages we get paid are a joke. I am a top performer and I go onto a draw to go on a work trip if I win. My pay rise was 97c extra per hour even though exceed my targets from selling insurance. Compared to other companies they pay the lowest in the industry. You can work from home which is fantastic but down side is you don't get flexibility with choosing your hours and may still need to pay for after school care as they will roster you on after school hours. Ect..hours are to suit them and their needs. They give you a 20.00 gift voucher to say job well done or movie tickets at dodgy cinemas (anything cheap) at chirstmas time there is no bonus or anything for the staff. Your just a number
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Low wage
no work life balance
Investigations Review Officer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD13 December 2018
No work life balance in Brisbane. over worked and no over time. When concerns are brought up the response is its the nature of the role. People are on stress leave and quitting because of this.
Would enjoy this job if it was only speaking with customers about product they enquired about
Sales and Service Assistant, Duties (Former Employee) –  Warwick QLD13 December 2018
I have been in banking in one way or another in many jobs. Suncorp had introduced KPI since I had worked with Suncorp last. These required that we speak to customers about product they did not want or require. If i was able to dispense money and chat to the customer to draw out what they required would enjoy the position more.
Pros
Enjoyed the majority of my tasks
Cons
Having to question everyone about product you asked them about last week.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.