Suncorp Group Employee Reviews in Melbourne VIC

Avoid At All Costs
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 May 2019
Pay is awful, culture is even worse. Management/leadership gang up on staff and will push you out if you stand up for yourself or others. I cannot express how disappointed I am with the treatment myself and almost every other entry level employee have experienced while working for Suncorp. No matter how well you perform or how loyal you are to their company the treatment remains the same. There is a very strong "us vs. them" mentality amongst leadership/staff. Leaders and managers will go as far as to sabotage your stats and KPIs to benefit their own bonuses. Bullying is everywhere and the company is extremely aware of it and continue to do nothing. They advertise and recruit with an incredibly fake facade, lulling any potential employee into a VERY false sense of what the job and culture will be like. Once you are in training for your new role it doesn't take long for you to see exactly what you've gotten yourself into.

My best advice would be to avoid this company at all costs, not only as an employee but also as a customer. Maybe look into other brands under the Suncorp umbrella, get yourself educated and avoid those as well. If you choose not to take this advice, good luck to you.
Low paid , bonuses are a joke. Just a number
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 December 2018
Suncorp pays their staff such a low wage it's a joke. I have been with the company for 4.5 years and the lady at my local supermarket gets paid more than me. They pay so low that staff get denied lending promotions and benefits as we are classed as "low income earners" customers call up to discuss insurance products to say they are struggling to pay for their insurance and the consultants taking the calls are also struggling as the wages we get paid are a joke. I am a top performer and I go onto a draw to go on a work trip if I win. My pay rise was 97c extra per hour even though exceed my targets from selling insurance. Compared to other companies they pay the lowest in the industry. You can work from home which is fantastic but down side is you don't get flexibility with choosing your hours and may still need to pay for after school care as they will roster you on after school hours. Ect..hours are to suit them and their needs. They give you a 20.00 gift voucher to say job well done or movie tickets at dodgy cinemas (anything cheap) at chirstmas time there is no bonus or anything for the staff. Your just a number
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Low wage
Best place to work
Insurance, Banking Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 May 2018
The best company I've worked for. They are fair and do anything to help you do well at your job.

The building on Collins Street Melbourne is beautiful pace to work.
Pros
Great culture
Cons
Great work culture and people, bad management decisions
BT Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2018
The people in my department were delightful to work with. They were very motivating and collaborative and always encouraged people to try new things, but there was only so much we could experiment with. Suncorp says they are open to trying new ideas and projects and being risky, but they are truly very risk averse, which created a strange working environment. Many projects I was on got cancelled or switched around to other teams which was very discouraging.

And restructure after restructure fostered a feeling of instability amongst myself and my colleagues, and unfortunately towards the seemingly directionless upper and senior management. I think Suncorp will be very great in a few years, but right now there is too much instability in their company direction. There is also not a lot of room for upward growth at this time.
Pros
Lunch and Learns, great work culture, friendly people
Cons
bad and inconsistent management, poor upward growth
Ovreall godd work- life balance employer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2018
Good overall company, but sometimes change implemented without any relative employee benefit. Too much middle management ,
Work-life balance okay , but need to be traditional part time and not flexi part-time.
Pay structure average, and bonuses the bare minimum.
Does have option of work from home
Pros
Work fom home
Cons
Bare bonuses
Productive, work life balance
Recoveries and Settlment Officer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 February 2018
Suncorp work life balance is exceptional and assist all their employees in personal and work life.
Suncorp appreciates their workers and always find ways to accommodate them.
Very Supportive and good Work culture
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC22 May 2017
I have learnt a lot many things after I joined suncorp. The team leads have been always very co-operative and have been kept informed about the upcoming plans. I had a great time with my team mates who were supportive and of helping nature.
Great people, bad management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 October 2016
Suncorp was a great place to work in with many friends made, however on a work basis career progression, ability to voice your opinion, technology and enhancements if things weren't right was looked away at. Management after each restructure snd change was a knee jerk reaction to hit top line and everything else was negligible.
Pros
Wfh
Cons
Too much red tape, favouritism, lack of developing employees
Great company going through Huge transformation
Senior HRBP, Melbourne (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 June 2016
Great company which recognises and develops its talent and provides opportunities, fabulous work life balance and great community culture.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Limited career opportunities for Melbourne based teams
A workplace with values
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2016
The description of my role stated in the attached CV highlights the work processed each day.
Suncorp emphasises on the importance of a good work life balance. My role demanded the highest standard of exceptional customer service which was always upheld and executed through Suncorp's commitment to train and equip their employees on a frequent basis.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with who became my work family.
Pros
cross skill training, work culture
Culture at SUNCORP
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC8 November 2015
Tremendous support and motivated culture during major projects.
Long service may diminish opportunities and becomes harder for individual to fit in culture. Restructure every financial year.
Great Experience
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC21 July 2015
While Suncorp is a wonderful employer and has an excellent culture, the salary was lacking for the work that was expected, this based on the comparisons done with simular companies, doing the same jobs.
However, the culture was ever evolving, support was excellent and opportunity to grow was astounding.
Pros
opportunity for personal growth, management was excellent, support was excellent
Cons
salary was low, breaks were small
Excellent workplace with ongoing development opportunities.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia19 March 2015
Great work atmosphere with focus on work-life balance.
High engagement between senior leadership team with employees. Fantastic culture and people.
Relaxed place to work with table tennis table
Commercial Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC29 December 2014
Laid back environment, friendly team, large corporate office with great city fringe/seaside views. Management are friendly and easy going. Overall a great place to work, although there seems to be a few redundancies currently with work being outsourced.
Great office environment with coffee machine provided allowing to catch up with co workers
home Client Manger (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC23 September 2014
Once at work, on your desktop you are allocated the claims that you are required to process for the day.Whilst managing theses claims you are also receiving incoming calls from customers on other current claims where you are expected to process and advance theses claims or resolve any concerns that they may have.
The day can become quite hectic as you are also making outbound calls to customers as well.
During the years I have learnt how to effectively manage and settle claims and also have developed the art of providing good customer service.
I have strong relationships with my co workers each day as I bring a warm and friendly approach to the work place.
During each day you can be challenged by the complex claims that you are required to process and you may also experience challenging customers where the best possible a solution needs to be found for the customer and the business.
When it comes to the end of the day I can reflect knowing that I have effectively managed and settled claims to the best of my ability and at the same time have provided an exceptional customer service experience to every customer.
Great Work/Life balance
Category Advisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC21 September 2014
Great work life balance but no clear progression path or focus on professional development
Learned a lot, good work environment
Recoveries & Settlements Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne6 September 2013
Very enjoyable place to work, learned many skills necessary for all office roles.