Suncorp Group Employee Reviews in Sydney NSW

Comapny with a vision
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Sydney20 February 2019
Company is with a vision that aligns with the realities of the market and strives to deliver the best for its customer. It provides a safe and grooming environment for its employees and works towards their professional development.
Culture and training
Motor Claims Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW14 February 2019
Suncorp provided training and let me work in different locations to get a better understanding of claims which helped me with my career goals in claims
Pros
Work from Home, Benefits and career opportunities
Cons
Long waits for Leadership and Senior roles being available
Great
Good salary
Good culture and management
Great opportunity
Insurance Claims Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW2 April 2018
I learnt a lot in intensive training in this role. I was taught a lot about the insurance industry, and given all the tools to succeed. When I was comfortable in the role I was able to thrive in an atmosphere in which my boss kept me motivated and allowed me to demonstrate my ability to rise to all challenges.
Very Productive
Data Entry (AAMI QTP) (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 March 2018
Staff was very friendly, group meeting every morning helped us to plan out our days better. I learnt how to manage reports and learnt about data entry. Workplace culture was very easy going and user friendly.
Excellent people and high performing culture
Communications Advisor (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2017
I learned how to become a better communicator during my time with Suncorp.

I managed group channels, important financial milestones and developed a keen eye for detail.

The people were exceptional and I had great mentors and leaders.
Fun and easy going environment.
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW12 March 2017
In the 10 months that i have been employed with suncorp i have found it to be one of the most relaxed and fun workplaces i have been to with a very supportive management team.
Pros
free lunches, ongoing competitions
Cons
Travel to get into work.
Produktiver Arbeitsort
Super Partnered Consultant (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW23 February 2017
Suncorp hat eine ausgezeichnete Arbeitsplatzkultur. Flexibilität bei der Arbeitszeit bietet "Home Office" Chancen, Arbeitsplatzsicherheit und mehrere Schulungen über die Suncorp Intranet-Website für Mitarbeiter, um deren wissen zu erweitern.
Management ist sehr aufgeschlossen und hilfsbereit
Pros
Bonus für gute Jahresperformance
Cons
Lange Arbeitsstunden zwischen April und July - Ende des Geschaeftsjahres
Positive culture, great work/life balance.
Category Officer, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 January 2017
Strong leader support. Flexible working arrangements with ability to work from home if/when needed. Positive team culture with regular team lunches and Friday arvo drinks.
Pros
Work/life balance, 4 weeks paid leave, work from home, support visa sponsorship
Cons
Clunky internal processes and procedures added several weeks/months to project timelines
good communication with industrial people. learnt a lot from them.
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2016
it was a practical subject which required us to work with Suncorp group. the most enjoyable part of the job is that, it was my first time to participate industrial work. we did conduct few test cases on the real system, and show the mentors some bugs we found.
Work life balance
Sales Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2016
Suncorp was a great place to work. That said, a lot depends on the individual leaders.
Luckily I had good ones.
They have a very flexible work from home policy that made it easy to ensure you could do what you needed to for both work and your family life.
Suncorp is a great place to work
Learning and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2016
I worked their for 18 years and only left as my role was made redundant. The grass isn't greener on the other side!!!
You are able to have flexible working arrangements and work from home if your role permits once or twice a week. I worked part time hours and was able to work from home one of those days.
The only disadvantage for me was I was the only one in Sydney and my team was all in Brisbane.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Brisbane based employer
professional productive enviroment
D M C Officer (Former Employee) –  George St NSW21 March 2016
On a typical day i perform all my duties and clear the desk so to speak i meet all expectations and even acquired more skills in order to fill my hours.
The hardest part was adjusting to workload in a new position that i hadn't performed before but soon i was very good at it and my contract was extended. The most enjoyable part was learning new skills in different areas.
Pros
free lunches and beverages and jeans day friday
Cons
leaving when my contract ended due to offshore contract.
Liked the people I worked with and made lasting friendships
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 October 2015
Hard work and demanding workplace
But good training provided
Each department was understaffed, not helpful causing major reduction in productivity.
Management failed in obtaining a simple printer operating properly resulting in worker's time sheets looking bad.
"Desktop anywhere" system (That cost the company Millions to adopt) designed to reduced wastage meant that I would arrive at work on time but have no desk available for me to do work.
Not Ideal.
They hired too many new managers with NO Superannuation background resulting in useless upheaval and not meeting vital personal target.
Pros
Nstionwide presence
Cons
Typical of what all corporations have become ( slavery)
great company to work for, fun work place
ASSISTANT CREDIT OFFICER - COMMERCIAL BANKING (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA22 July 2015
overcoming a difficult customer, it a challenge but very rewarding. I learned how to deal with difficult situation in the professional manner.
The experience gained has given me strength and ability to work as an individual and as a team player. I have acquired exceptional practical and academic experiences, which have nurtured me to be proactive, highly self-motivated and with appreciation for success.
management is great and with experience professionals that go extra mile to support you.
Great co-workers, great staff, great management but poor culture
Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Jameson St Sydney1 July 2015
Facilitating and designing training, marking assessments
Great co-workers
Learned other areas of Insurance I had not been familiar with
My co-workers were excellent and supportive as was my direct management
Hardest part of job was dealing with the hard nosed corporate culture of Suncorp.
Corner-cutting and penny pinching which impacted the day to day working environment was ongoing and only getting worse.
Constant threat of yet another restructure was a permanent dark cloud.
Most enjoyable was delivering training in areas I was most familiar with to responsive and engaged staff and interacting with my great colleagues in my team.
Pros
Great team and management, great staff all around
Cons
Constant watering down of staff benefits, penny pinching, this impacted negatively on the day to day working environment.
Friendly and innovative environment
Quality Assurance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 March 2015
A workplace that allows creativity and simplification by all staff members. They encourage change and ease of work.

The people culture is phenomenal. Everything is done with customer satisfaction kept in mind.
Pros
Generous bonuses
A place of great change
CTP UNDERWRITING SOLUTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW2 November 2014
There were a number of big changes at this company over the past four years. As well as company / structure changes the CTP green slip industry underwent tremendous changes in both technology and procedures. Building a business relationship with external stakeholders was an enjoyable part of my role. We often worked together to get the best outcome for our mutual customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to educate the customers on the correct place to obtain green slips as unfortunately people who offered to help them did not always do the right thing. I mostly enjoyed providing excellent customer service to our customers, external providers and also to our internal customers - the call centre staff. I would always take ownership on issues, come up with a resolution and contact the customer with the outcome. If it was not in their favour I would always try to explain so they understood why the decision was made. I always prided myself on calling a customer back if I promised to and if there was any delay in responding to them I would contact them to advise where we were up to so that they felt their issue was not being ignored. As with all industries you get those customers who are not satisfied with the outcome of your decision but I would try my best to explain it to them. My aim at all times was to resolve issue at hand by myself and rarely had to refer the issue to a leader.
Pros
Ability to be able to have a work/life balance
Cons
Balancing administration duties between phone calls particularly when dealing with complex issues.