Suncorp Group Employee Reviews for Customer Service Representative

Fantastic company to work for
Customer Service Officer (Current Employee) –  Narre Warren VIC7 March 2019
I was hired as a contract temp for 6 months total. Fantastic coaching and personal/professional development . Lovely work environment filled with amazing people.
Pros
Coaching and development / work from home
Cons
N/a
Low paid , bonuses are a joke. Just a number
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC13 December 2018
Suncorp pays their staff such a low wage it's a joke. I have been with the company for 4.5 years and the lady at my local supermarket gets paid more than me. They pay so low that staff get denied lending promotions and benefits as we are classed as "low income earners" customers call up to discuss insurance products to say they are struggling to pay for their insurance and the consultants taking the calls are also struggling as the wages we get paid are a joke. I am a top performer and I go onto a draw to go on a work trip if I win. My pay rise was 97c extra per hour even though exceed my targets from selling insurance. Compared to other companies they pay the lowest in the industry. You can work from home which is fantastic but down side is you don't get flexibility with choosing your hours and may still need to pay for after school care as they will roster you on after school hours. Ect..hours are to suit them and their needs. They give you a 20.00 gift voucher to say job well done or movie tickets at dodgy cinemas (anything cheap) at chirstmas time there is no bonus or anything for the staff. Your just a number
Pros
Working from home
Cons
Low wage
A workplace with values
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2016
The description of my role stated in the attached CV highlights the work processed each day.
Suncorp emphasises on the importance of a good work life balance. My role demanded the highest standard of exceptional customer service which was always upheld and executed through Suncorp's commitment to train and equip their employees on a frequent basis.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with who became my work family.
Pros
cross skill training, work culture
Cons
A great Queensland company providing comprehensive training and job opportunities
Teleservice Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton - Brisbane CBD Queensland8 June 2015
During my time of employment I found Suncorp (then Suncorp Metway) to be a great company to work for. As a call centre consultant in the area of personal banking, a typical day consisted of the management of high call volumes to be managed within designated time frames and to provide customers with friendly one call resolution to their enquiries or issues.

I greatly enjoyed the challenges of the position and working as part of a great team which included a diverse range of people from different generations and cultures.
Pros
Great staff benefits and team atmosphere
Cons
Challenging issues that can ensue in the area of peoples personal finances
Enjoyable, busy, robust banking entity
Customer Sales and Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, Australia14 January 2015
A typical day at work included providing banking services to clientele, promoting products and services, cash handling and balancing. I was proud to have been part of a team that provided comprehensive banking strategies to clients. In a broader sense, engaging with people and having productive outcomes both with colleges and clientele had been most rewarding. Sometimes challenges arise when dealing with people and finding positive, harmonious outcomes are critical to satisfaction and productivity and although this part of the role could be agonizing, it was also rewarding on a personal level and as a contributing team member.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Rude People
Productive and staff awareness programs always offered
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD5 August 2014
I enjoyed my time at Suncorp. They offer lots of out of work hours activities and also have lots of courses available to staff through self advancement.
Pros
Work life balance is very much a part of Suncorp
Cons
Working in the city.
Great work environment
Customer Service / Banking consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD11 December 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a banking consultant within Suncorp/
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Brisbane17 June 2013
I worked in the call centre taking calls from customers about their accounts
Pros
good people
Cons
very restricted