Suncorp Group Management reviews

Flexible and supportive network
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 May 2019
The overall management are very supportive and encourage speaking up when unsure. Consistent training and development is provided to keep up-to date with the industry.
nice place to work
Mass Brands Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC14 May 2019
nice place to work and a good team. the management seems to work well. salary is very low compared to market standards. good work place culture and a fun place to work
Avoid At All Costs
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC12 May 2019
Pay is awful, culture is even worse. Management/leadership gang up on staff and will push you out if you stand up for yourself or others. I cannot express how disappointed I am with the treatment myself and almost every other entry level employee have experienced while working for Suncorp. No matter how well you perform or how loyal you are to their company the treatment remains the same. There is a very strong "us vs. them" mentality amongst leadership/staff. Leaders and managers will go as far as to sabotage your stats and KPIs to benefit their own bonuses. Bullying is everywhere and the company is extremely aware of it and continue to do nothing. They advertise and recruit with an incredibly fake facade, lulling any potential employee into a VERY false sense of what the job and culture will be like. Once you are in training for your new role it doesn't take long for you to see exactly what you've gotten yourself into.

My best advice would be to avoid this company at all costs, not only as an employee but also as a customer. Maybe look into other brands under the Suncorp umbrella, get yourself educated and avoid those as well. If you choose not to take this advice, good luck to you.
Very negative environment, lacks support, empathy and training. There's an embedded culture that you are the problem, not the department.
Investigations Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 May 2019
This would have to be one of the worse working environments I've ever worked in. Sad that you have to leave a job you like, however the lack of support, constant put downs & leaders with no empathy makes you want to leave - like I did. Since my time during this role, I've seen heaps of people break down, people resign with one even going on stress leave. Sick leave is at an all time high. I've seen people who are under constant pressure, working crazy hours and treated poorly, yet told they have poor time management. When issues were raised, you were either performance managed, told that ' we all go through it ' or was presented with the idea that perhaps you are not fit for the role.
You come back from leave with over due work that puts you behind. Then you get performance managed.
It's widespread in the department, no matter which location you work in.
This experience greatly impacted my personal life, negatively.
It's sad that Suncorp won't address the issues within this department, as many great people leave.
Cons
Long hours, no support
Culture and Work Life Balance
Event Advisor (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD29 April 2019
Suncorp are all about Diversity and Work Life Balance. You get your work done and you do receive rewards. I would work here again, however was made redundant. Great Culture and Environment to work in however Management could communicate more with their staff - they tend to leave comms to the last minute.
Pros
Culture and Diverse
Cons
Management and Communication tend to lack in areas
You’re only as good as your last day of sales
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Charlestown NSW13 April 2019
The pay for this role is ridiculously low for they amount of work expected. It’s very hard to tick all of the boxes all of the time. There are some really great leaders and also some really poor ones. I worked under 4 leaders and had a 50/50 experience with this. Upper management is very poor at communicating change and delivering on promises. I met some great people but overall felt under appreciated.
Pros
Good strong products, great customer base, met some lovely people
Cons
Low pay, forever changing KPI’s, felt unvalued when I was struggling, and unrecognised when I was exceeding
Terrible culture
Manager Assurance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD11 April 2019
Constant restructures have created a culture of distrust and looking after oneself. Bullying is rife and never addressed. Avoid this company if possible.
N/a
Australia as Regional Business Solutions Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 April 2019
I felt under valued working for suncorp. I wasn't utilised to my full extend and management didn't like to be found to be wrong. Even though a solution was provided.
Pros
Normal TOT's - good super schemes (Staff and customers)
Cons
Management look after their own - ie: is some cases poor performers get promoted
Unpleasant experience 😮
Customer Value Specialist (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC31 March 2019
Absolutely shocking the way this company sucks you in from the initial stages to the job offered they don't tell you all the hidden things your required to do.
I think I'd rather be a monkey at a zoo than chained to my desk and watched like a hawk.
Training is not enough. There is no moral support or guidance.
Pros
Meet a few good friends .travel time good
Cons
Insurance sucks
Large soulless company with below average pay and inexperienced managers
Suncorp Group (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Airport QLD29 March 2019
It would seem anybody could become a manager here if you stayed in the company long enough and filled out enough applicationz.

The pay is an absolute joke the micromanagement is unbearable. Colleagues are usually okay but anybody who is incompetent will shove their work onto you to do if you've finished on your own. people go on stress leave and call in sick so other people do the work for them that they dont want to do. I'm jobsearching as we speak. Dont join this company, the money is laughable and the management are rude and certainly dont have your best interests at heart.
Pros
work from home. they pay me money.
Cons
long hours, stress, incompetent staff, very low pay, always work to do, and not just your own.
Genuine work/life balance just poor leadership
Workforce Planning Manager - Technology (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW3 March 2019
Suncorp is well positioned for strong growth, however with no middle management the messages from the top do not clearly make their way down.
That said the working culture is the best that I have experienced!
Overall experience was a positive one
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA28 February 2019
Fast paced work day. PDS trained for multiple products. Workplace culture wasn't so friendly. Learning system terminology was difficult. Fun Customers
Pros
Free fruit
Cons
Unfriendly management
Great
nice old buildings
Good salary
Good culture and management
Many promises no delivery
Sales & Service Banking consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD23 October 2018
Very depressing work environment. Nothing ever works, very little to no support. The people are great, unfortunately upper management cannot deliver what they promise. Don't be fooled by all the "bare with me" and "transition period" staff have been waiting for over a decade.
Pros
Fantastic people on the ground level
Cons
Tech is abysmal
Supportive environment
Senior Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Adelaide City Centre SA26 August 2018
Initially very relaxed working environment, then started outsourcing claim lodgement to India, then introduced micromanagement. Provided great training and well supportive environment
Pros
Training
Cons
Micromanagement
Good job if you don’t have kids
Claims Specialist (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD10 August 2018
It’s a great job, but doesn’t really fit around having children. Great for single people and childless people - management is very supportive though if you have children.
Pros
Job stability
Cons
Work/life balance
Good Company and Security
Claims Assist (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD24 July 2018
You don't need to be a Rocket Scientist to get this job down.
Just understand that changes and have great customer service and the company will reward you greatly.
If you struggle they help you out along the way to success.
Pros
Great benefits, Working from home and option
Cons
Constant Updates and need to be really good with time Management
Great work culture and people, bad management decisions
BT Officer (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC23 April 2018
The people in my department were delightful to work with. They were very motivating and collaborative and always encouraged people to try new things, but there was only so much we could experiment with. Suncorp says they are open to trying new ideas and projects and being risky, but they are truly very risk averse, which created a strange working environment. Many projects I was on got cancelled or switched around to other teams which was very discouraging.

And restructure after restructure fostered a feeling of instability amongst myself and my colleagues, and unfortunately towards the seemingly directionless upper and senior management. I think Suncorp will be very great in a few years, but right now there is too much instability in their company direction. There is also not a lot of room for upward growth at this time.
Pros
Lunch and Learns, great work culture, friendly people
Cons
bad and inconsistent management, poor upward growth
Ovreall godd work- life balance employer
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC3 April 2018
Good overall company, but sometimes change implemented without any relative employee benefit. Too much middle management ,
Work-life balance okay , but need to be traditional part time and not flexi part-time.
Pay structure average, and bonuses the bare minimum.
Does have option of work from home
Pros
Work fom home
Cons
Bare bonuses
A work/life well balance culture.
Assistant Accountant (Former Employee) –  Barangaroo NSW28 March 2018
I was fortunate enough to work with fun loving, beautiful people/team and when it comes to doing and performing our tasks, it was to the best of our abilities, meeting the deadlines and with good result. The last work location was superb, modern office with state of the art deco and furnishings. We were given a laptop to bring home for work - working from home made working and attending to the family needs well balanced. Management takes care of their staff from career to family life perspective. Hardest part is we sometime need to stay back or work overtime on month ends. Most enjoyable part is team buildings and lunch out with the team.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.