Suncorp Group Employee Review

View all Suncorp Group reviews

Delighting customers and growing a business for success
Bank Manager Kippa-Ring (Current Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD17 May 2016
A typical day at work is managing a team of 13 staff. Starting our day with motivational sales meetings to set goals and focus for the day. Coaching and developing staff to be successful daily and ensuring we are delighting customers with every interaction. Managing costs to budget also through sales and expenses. Networking and marketing to build and grow the business.
I've learnt how to lead and grow a team of many different personalities to be successful. My coaching and development of staff is the most enjoyable part of my job. Connecting and working with them on all levels is very rewarding.
The hardest part of the job is when we are understaffed through illness and annual leave which can make it very difficult at times to be pleasing all customers as well as staff complaining about the situation. Working with a positive focus to encourage them to remain positive can be challenging at times when they have such a negative outlook. We still keep our focus on supporting each other as a team.
I have amazing supportive co-workers who are great. We share best practices and work together to help each other in our business.
Pros
Successful staff growing and developing, High customer advocacy score, Working with people and helping them, Delighting customers with our service and receiving great feedback.
Cons
Not always work/life/balance.

Other Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

call centre environment with little obvious organisation
Motor claims consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC28 May 2019
extensive training, good penalty rates, casual dress, however lots of angry customers and unnecessary KPIs. Generally approachable staff, however sometimes monitoring feels overbearing. Not enough desks for staff so everyday is a fight for a computer.
Flexible and supportive network
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 May 2019
The overall management are very supportive and encourage speaking up when unsure. Consistent training and development is provided to keep up-to date with the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.