Suncorp Group Employee Review

View all Suncorp Group reviews

Very negative environment, lacks support, empathy and training. There's an embedded culture that you are the problem, not the department.
Investigations Review Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD3 May 2019
This would have to be one of the worse working environments I've ever worked in. Sad that you have to leave a job you like, however the lack of support, constant put downs & leaders with no empathy makes you want to leave - like I did. Since my time during this role, I've seen heaps of people break down, people resign with one even going on stress leave. Sick leave is at an all time high. I've seen people who are under constant pressure, working crazy hours and treated poorly, yet told they have poor time management. When issues were raised, you were either performance managed, told that ' we all go through it ' or was presented with the idea that perhaps you are not fit for the role.
You come back from leave with over due work that puts you behind. Then you get performance managed.
It's widespread in the department, no matter which location you work in.
This experience greatly impacted my personal life, negatively.
It's sad that Suncorp won't address the issues within this department, as many great people leave.
Cons
Long hours, no support

Other Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

call centre environment with little obvious organisation
Motor claims consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne City Centre VIC28 May 2019
extensive training, good penalty rates, casual dress, however lots of angry customers and unnecessary KPIs. Generally approachable staff, however sometimes monitoring feels overbearing. Not enough desks for staff so everyday is a fight for a computer.
Flexible and supportive network
Financial Planner (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 May 2019
The overall management are very supportive and encourage speaking up when unsure. Consistent training and development is provided to keep up-to date with the industry.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.