Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Well set out office space, central to all facilities
Customer Consultant in Banking & Insurance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane CBD & Suburbs23 March 2015
It was a pleasure to work for them. They cared about their staff and sought to aid them to the best of their ability.

There was scope for transfer to areas of interest, and the work provided was interesting and challenging.
Pros
Work life balance is strongly encouraged
Excellent workplace with ongoing development opportunities.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia19 March 2015
Great work atmosphere with focus on work-life balance.
High engagement between senior leadership team with employees. Fantastic culture and people.
Friendly and innovative environment
Quality Assurance Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW16 March 2015
A workplace that allows creativity and simplification by all staff members. They encourage change and ease of work.

The people culture is phenomenal. Everything is done with customer satisfaction kept in mind.
Pros
Generous bonuses
Great Work Culture, Career Development, Travel
Business Design Leader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD27 January 2015
Overall, a 14 year career. I changed jobs on average every 2 to 3 years, which is why I stayed so long. Lots of opportunities for hard workers.

Learned about Insurance. IT Systems and Process inside Insurance.
Leadership development training and experince was great.

Suncorp goes through immense and fast workplace change. It restructures often. Its what keeps it moving forward. Fast paced.

Uncertainty at times when moving through restructures could be challenging - that can be positive too.

Generally, good people, with a good attitude and behaviours. Generally a good work culture.
Pros
Ability to learn new parts of the company
Cons
Lots of constant change/restructuring - which can also be positive
Lending Manager @ sunnybank Branch
Lending Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD20 January 2015
Mornings are all about motivation and training staff, our branch staff are critical players of our brand, and also the main drivers to generate business opportunities. Keeping them informed in terms of our home loan, Lending, and Banking products and campaign aids their knowledge and confidence in upselling to customers. 5 Past 9 meeting I do with the sales team helps me generate lending appointments and provide better customer experience. I have in place a strong referral system. Every customer I interview I make the most of every opportunities, even if I don't end up with home loan or Business Loan sale, I cross sell back every opportunity from accounts to credit cards to insurances. Sending out weekly success stories to the team and number of appointment sourced by the individual staff builds healthy competition and motivation I've leant that success is contributed by the whole team not individually, sharing the achievement collectively is far greater than individual reward. The accomplishment feeling is far more content. Growing and maintaining my portfolio is my main performance goal, the fact is to be a high performer I need 6 weeks disbursement in my pipeline, meaning with my budget I need $3M ready to settle. This is achieved by 10 appointments a week, with expected lodgements/ applications 4. I enjoy high volume busy schedules my work performance and become more sharper and optimal under stressful conditions. My mind goes to full focus mode there's no time for nonsense.
Keeping my managers early informed regarding my pipeline and appointments during the week is critical
  more... to my success, building a trusting relationship is not easy task and one which requires time and persistent along with strong working ethics. Sharing work ideas and lending scenarios with the lending team aids to build confidence in my credit ability and my position work, once your peers understand your knowledge and your achievements they get inspired by you. I love assisting peers with problem solving or running lending scenarios to determine if this is a do-able deal or not, sharing knowledge and my weekly lodgement figures makes me feel accomplished and proud of my ability. I have high expectations for myself, cant settle for less, I'm a highly efficient adapt to forever changing environments, I never say no and will always give it a shoot, "failure is the ingredient to succeed" as they say. If there is a better and more efficient way to complete of a task ill think of it and do it. The most enjoyment from work was the people who I worked with, WE the people that all inspired each other along the way to help each other grow and learn and become greater and better. Moving together to achieve a common goal. Having the team to believe in me and have 100% support and confidence in my working abilities.  less
Fun, Challanging and Rewarding place to work.
Motor Vehicle Assessor (Former Employee) –  Cairns, QLD18 January 2015
I prided myself on thorough and fair assessments of all client's vehicles. I learned to fine tune my customer service skills. My co-workers were always helpful. Negotiating with clients who had an unreasonable expectation on the market value of their vehicles worth. The most enjoyable part would be helping people who have had a negative experience such as an accident feel like they have really been looked after.
Pros
Company Car and Mobile Phone
Cons
Enjoyable, busy, robust banking entity
Customer Sales and Service Assistant (Former Employee) –  Gladstone, Australia14 January 2015
A typical day at work included providing banking services to clientele, promoting products and services, cash handling and balancing. I was proud to have been part of a team that provided comprehensive banking strategies to clients. In a broader sense, engaging with people and having productive outcomes both with colleges and clientele had been most rewarding. Sometimes challenges arise when dealing with people and finding positive, harmonious outcomes are critical to satisfaction and productivity and although this part of the role could be agonizing, it was also rewarding on a personal level and as a contributing team member.
Pros
Job Satisfaction
Cons
Rude People
Relaxed place to work with table tennis table
Commercial Underwriting Assistant (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC29 December 2014
Laid back environment, friendly team, large corporate office with great city fringe/seaside views. Management are friendly and easy going. Overall a great place to work, although there seems to be a few redundancies currently with work being outsourced.
Great Company
Consultant - Consultant Coach - Acting Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba, QLD9 November 2014
This company was wonderful to work for there was plenty of opportunity to grow and learn no matter what level you were working on at the current time.
Pros
Hours
Cons
Hours
A place of great change
CTP UNDERWRITING SOLUTIONS OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW2 November 2014
There were a number of big changes at this company over the past four years. As well as company / structure changes the CTP green slip industry underwent tremendous changes in both technology and procedures. Building a business relationship with external stakeholders was an enjoyable part of my role. We often worked together to get the best outcome for our mutual customers. The hardest part of the job was trying to educate the customers on the correct place to obtain green slips as unfortunately people who offered to help them did not always do the right thing. I mostly enjoyed providing excellent customer service to our customers, external providers and also to our internal customers - the call centre staff. I would always take ownership on issues, come up with a resolution and contact the customer with the outcome. If it was not in their favour I would always try to explain so they understood why the decision was made. I always prided myself on calling a customer back if I promised to and if there was any delay in responding to them I would contact them to advise where we were up to so that they felt their issue was not being ignored. As with all industries you get those customers who are not satisfied with the outcome of your decision but I would try my best to explain it to them. My aim at all times was to resolve issue at hand by myself and rarely had to refer the issue to a leader.
Pros
Ability to be able to have a work/life balance
Cons
Balancing administration duties between phone calls particularly when dealing with complex issues.
Great Culture
Claims (Former Employee) –  Melbourne CBD9 October 2014
I enjoyed my time with Suncorp. However the travel to get there from Traralgon was hard.
The people & culture were fantastic, the work life balance was encouraged however difficult due to rostering.
The management was evolving however still needed development.
Pros
state of the art offices & equipment
Cons
outdated programs & no time to engage with staff due to time restraints
Great office environment with coffee machine provided allowing to catch up with co workers
home Client Manger (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC23 September 2014
Once at work, on your desktop you are allocated the claims that you are required to process for the day.Whilst managing theses claims you are also receiving incoming calls from customers on other current claims where you are expected to process and advance theses claims or resolve any concerns that they may have.
The day can become quite hectic as you are also making outbound calls to customers as well.
During the years I have learnt how to effectively manage and settle claims and also have developed the art of providing good customer service.
I have strong relationships with my co workers each day as I bring a warm and friendly approach to the work place.
During each day you can be challenged by the complex claims that you are required to process and you may also experience challenging customers where the best possible a solution needs to be found for the customer and the business.
When it comes to the end of the day I can reflect knowing that I have effectively managed and settled claims to the best of my ability and at the same time have provided an exceptional customer service experience to every customer.
Great Work/Life balance
Category Advisor (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC21 September 2014
Great work life balance but no clear progression path or focus on professional development
suncorp retail branch
Sales and Service Assistant (Current Employee) –  maryborough18 September 2014
over work employees as they typically add more duties to an already over worked team
Pros
no weekend work
Cons
high targets, unrealistic management ideals, no developmental training opportunities
productive, fast paced, multitasking essentail
Repair Coordinator, Full Time (Current Employee) –  braybrook1 September 2014
I arrange all tows that are awaiting in the morning. I then update any changes to vehicles moved in the shed. I will update on our manual spread sheet and the computer.
I then update all vehicle's collected from the previous day spread sheet onto the computer.
while completing my tasks I need to answer calls, assist repairers and customer enquiries face to face.

My co-workers are all very hard working and we feel that we all contribute fairly to run a productive office. If we are short staffed we are able to manage ourselves and delegate required roles.

The hardest part of the day is in the morning when I am the only staff available in the office.

The most enjoyable part is being able to be myself and have a laugh with the repairers and tow drivers or listening to their stories of their own families.
Pros
network connections within the industry
Cons
not being rewarded for the extra responsibilties, not flexible in providing access to annual leave.
Productive and staff awareness programs always offered
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD5 August 2014
I enjoyed my time at Suncorp. They offer lots of out of work hours activities and also have lots of courses available to staff through self advancement.
Pros
Work life balance is very much a part of Suncorp
Cons
Working in the city.
Excellent Working Environment
Workplace Relations Advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD21 June 2014
Excellent place to work, small productive team with excellent Executive Officer.
Positive career advancement outlook
Retail (Former Employee) –  Garden City , Brisbane23 April 2014
Interaction with policyholders on phone and face to face communication.
Ability to treat the business as your own so involvement in decision-making for best customer experience.
Consult with other departments and forward thinking on how to improve sales and service experience.
Enjoyable aspect of job is the thought that the company will recognise my contributions and provide career advancement opportunities.
Pros
Flexible lifestyle hours
Cons
Long hours may result
Loved working at Suncorp
Bank Manager and Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Townsville, QLD13 February 2014
I started work as a Casual Bank Teller 4 hours every Friday in 1982. In 1986 I separated from my first husband and needed a full time job to support my 2 children. I told my Manager I would have to start looking for full time employment and the company created a full time position for me. I was a relief teller at many branches throughout the province.
I applied for a Manager's position a few years later, and was given the role of Relief Manager again working at many branches throughout the province.
I then moved into my own branch which grew from 3 staff to 13 over a few years.
I loved being able to do home loans for my customers and ringing them at approval stage and settlement day.
The hardest part of the job was supervising 12 women with different personalities and backgrounds.
Everything about my complete role was enjoyable..
Pros
Shares
Cons
Long Hours and away from my children
Great work environment
Customer Service / Banking consultant (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD11 December 2013
I thoroughly enjoyed my time working as a banking consultant within Suncorp/

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.