Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Positive culture, great work/life balance.
Category Officer, Procurement (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW1 January 2017
Strong leader support. Flexible working arrangements with ability to work from home if/when needed. Positive team culture with regular team lunches and Friday arvo drinks.
Pros
Work/life balance, 4 weeks paid leave, work from home, support visa sponsorship
Cons
Clunky internal processes and procedures added several weeks/months to project timelines
Good workplace, management not well trained
AAMI Sales and Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Gisborne VIC18 December 2016
Good workplace, diverse, friendly.

Typical day would be answering calls, selling, helping with enquiries.
Taking Breaks at your designated times exact or you will have lower KPI's.

Management needs a little work, some harassment can happen from management if you have too much time off or have a personal issue and need to leave for the day.

Salary is good, opportunity for weekend, holiday work.

Low chances of getting time off christmas eve or new years eve. First in best dressed and even then not a lot of chance.

Some people with children can miss out and have to work.
Pros
Good environment, good salary
Cons
staff need to be trained more with empathy.
good communication with industrial people. learnt a lot from them.
Software Tester (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW7 November 2016
it was a practical subject which required us to work with Suncorp group. the most enjoyable part of the job is that, it was my first time to participate industrial work. we did conduct few test cases on the real system, and show the mentors some bugs we found.
Great work life balance
Personal injury claims advisor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane1 November 2016
Unrealistic work expectations and workloads. There is an engaged culture in the staff and front line leaders are great at developing staff.

Management try to always listen to suggestions by staff.
Very client driven
Recoveries & Settlements Officer (Former Employee) –  Brisbane Central Business District QLD27 October 2016
The team were very effective at what they did and their was a great team culture and veryone was supported.

I did struggle with this role as I had had limited exposure to motor cliaims previously.
Pros
Customer driven
Large organisation with constant changes
Risk & Compliance Auditor (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD27 October 2016
Good career growth and learning and development opportunities but constant change in Execs.Frequent restructures within the organisation is normal in the course of business.
Great colleagues
Customer Engagement Manager (Former Employee) –  Sydney Central Business District NSW26 October 2016
Friendly people, flexible work arrangements, great team culture, and good leaders.
However, too much duplication in terms of reporting, administrative work and processes.
Work life balance
Sales Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Sydney NSW26 October 2016
Suncorp was a great place to work. That said, a lot depends on the individual leaders.
Luckily I had good ones.
They have a very flexible work from home policy that made it easy to ensure you could do what you needed to for both work and your family life.
Great people, bad management
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC4 October 2016
Suncorp was a great place to work in with many friends made, however on a work basis career progression, ability to voice your opinion, technology and enhancements if things weren't right was looked away at. Management after each restructure snd change was a knee jerk reaction to hit top line and everything else was negligible.
Pros
Wfh
Cons
Too much red tape, favouritism, lack of developing employees
Inconsistent with Management
Sales and Service consultant (Current Employee) –  Loganholme QLD26 September 2016
Unfortunately Suncorp BANK management is quite unstable and is not staff focused.
However, within the INSURANCE sector they really care for their staff and development.
Sadly the Company is AWESOME to its customers but treat its staff poorly.
Pros
Incentives
Cons
Poor treatment of Staff
Not bad for a bank
Assistant Relationship Manager - Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Brisbane QLD18 September 2016
Plenty of opportunity to grow if you show initiative.
However if something goes wrong then don't expect support from Suncorp HR.
Job stability is of some concern, staff having to re-apply for their own jobs whenever a new CEO comes onboard.
Suncorp Bank does not appear to receive the same resources as Suncorp Insurance, which can limit its potential.
Viewed as a QLD bank only, hence if trying to gain traction interstate then may be a struggle, especially for lending.
Pros
Nice Culture
Cons
Too many layers of management
Suncorp is a great place to work
Learning and Development Consultant (Former Employee) –  Sydney NSW22 August 2016
I worked their for 18 years and only left as my role was made redundant. The grass isn't greener on the other side!!!
You are able to have flexible working arrangements and work from home if your role permits once or twice a week. I worked part time hours and was able to work from home one of those days.
The only disadvantage for me was I was the only one in Sydney and my team was all in Brisbane.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Brisbane based employer
Productive and fun workplace
Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba13 July 2016
To be proficient in my job I thoroughly knew the policies of our insurance company. I would be assigned a particular amount of insurance claims and a target to reach. As a client manager you are to review all evidence presented and decide on the claim outcome. Unfortunately there were hard days where you have to decline the customer due to no coverage on their insurance. I would thoroughly check their policy before informing them, inquiring with my coworkers, technical support officers, or leadership on cases that were not so straight forward. However, it was always great if you could find a way to cover the customer and deliver the good news.
Pros
Great coworkers and environment
Cons
Abusive customers
Fun, caring work place
Claims assist consultant (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD8 July 2016
Suncorp is a fantastic company to work for. Management really care about you as an individual and assist with any issues. The company provide bonuses and a brilliant training program for new comers
Great work life balance
System Engineer (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD2 July 2016
- Great colleagues
- Limited learning curve due to large IT infrastructure and teams
- Good work/life balance
- hardest part of the job is volatile management and constant restructure
- outsourcing jobs to overseas that caused a big slump in customer services and engagements
Pros
Work/Life balance
Cons
Volatile management and constant restructure (every 6 months)
Great company going through Huge transformation
Senior HRBP, Melbourne (Current Employee) –  Melbourne VIC28 June 2016
Great company which recognises and develops its talent and provides opportunities, fabulous work life balance and great community culture.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Limited career opportunities for Melbourne based teams
people are nice
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Beenleigh QLD12 June 2016
busy, hectic, stressful.
management had no sense of humour
co-workers became part of the family
dealing with angry customers
enjoyed the interaction with customers & staff
Pros
monday to friday job
Cons
if anyones til was out - entire branch had to stay back to find error
Dynamic work envirnment that encourages inovation
Management (Current Employee) –  Queensland6 June 2016
Work life balance with the financial rewards that reflect your work ethic.
Teams that work for the greater results in a positive and supportive work culture.
Pros
Worklife balance
Cons
Constant change
Suncorp
Motor Claims Assist Consultant (Current Employee) –  Toowoomba City QLD20 May 2016
Fast-paced work environment
Friendly & helpful staff and team members
Large Company - corporate value
Call centre work is what I love doing
Learnt how to lodge insurance claims
Delighting customers and growing a business for success
Bank Manager Kippa-Ring (Current Employee) –  Kippa-Ring QLD17 May 2016
A typical day at work is managing a team of 13 staff. Starting our day with motivational sales meetings to set goals and focus for the day. Coaching and developing staff to be successful daily and ensuring we are delighting customers with every interaction. Managing costs to budget also through sales and expenses. Networking and marketing to build and grow the business.
I've learnt how to lead and grow a team of many different personalities to be successful. My coaching and development of staff is the most enjoyable part of my job. Connecting and working with them on all levels is very rewarding.
The hardest part of the job is when we are understaffed through illness and annual leave which can make it very difficult at times to be pleasing all customers as well as staff complaining about the situation. Working with a positive focus to encourage them to remain positive can be challenging at times when they have such a negative outlook. We still keep our focus on supporting each other as a team.
I have amazing supportive co-workers who are great. We share best practices and work together to help each other in our business.
Pros
Successful staff growing and developing, High customer advocacy score, Working with people and helping them, Delighting customers with our service and receiving great feedback.
Cons
Not always work/life/balance.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.