Suncorp Group Employee Reviews

Not Consistent
Banking Consultant (Current Employee) –  Western Australia15 May 2016
Policies & strategies are not consistent, staff turnover is quite high & not many trained staff who are capable of carried out duties.
professional productive enviroment
D M C Officer (Former Employee) –  George St NSW21 March 2016
On a typical day i perform all my duties and clear the desk so to speak i meet all expectations and even acquired more skills in order to fill my hours.
The hardest part was adjusting to workload in a new position that i hadn't performed before but soon i was very good at it and my contract was extended. The most enjoyable part was learning new skills in different areas.
Pros
free lunches and beverages and jeans day friday
Cons
leaving when my contract ended due to offshore contract.
Secured, Productive and fun work culture
Senior Quality & Test Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brisbane QLD12 March 2016
--> Starts with Stand-up for the status - did/to-do/priorities/issues
--> Learnt and still learning many things about Banking as this is my first banking project.
--> Comfort Management at client location along with Business team and other partners
--> Fun culture and team work
--> Initially was difficult, but now it's now all good for any issue/defects come on my way.
--> Never felt like I am working with any strangers, felt second home!
Pros
Celebrations of all festivals, birthdays, farewells
Cons
working weekends (sometimes)
A workplace with values
Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne VIC1 March 2016
The description of my role stated in the attached CV highlights the work processed each day.
Suncorp emphasises on the importance of a good work life balance. My role demanded the highest standard of exceptional customer service which was always upheld and executed through Suncorp's commitment to train and equip their employees on a frequent basis.
The most enjoyable part of this job was the people I worked with who became my work family.
Pros
cross skill training, work culture
Warm and friendly workplace
Claims Client Manager (Former Employee) –  Brisbane City, Australia23 February 2016
Suncorp is one of Australia's leading insurance and financial services organizations. As a client manager, I managed home and contents claims that had recently been submitted. I was responsible for the progression of these claims throughout their various stages to finalisation and settlement. This role was a customer interfacing role and required exceptional communication skills to ensure the customer was clearly informed and supported throughout the process. The working environment was team based and felt like a family working together.
Pros
Working hours to suit school hours.
Culture at SUNCORP
Technical Lead (Current Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC8 November 2015
Tremendous support and motivated culture during major projects.
Long service may diminish opportunities and becomes harder for individual to fit in culture. Restructure every financial year.
Liked the people I worked with and made lasting friendships
Fund Administrator (Former Employee) –  Sydney, NSW7 October 2015
Hard work and demanding workplace
But good training provided
Each department was understaffed, not helpful causing major reduction in productivity.
Management failed in obtaining a simple printer operating properly resulting in worker's time sheets looking bad.
"Desktop anywhere" system (That cost the company Millions to adopt) designed to reduced wastage meant that I would arrive at work on time but have no desk available for me to do work.
Not Ideal.
They hired too many new managers with NO Superannuation background resulting in useless upheaval and not meeting vital personal target.
Pros
Nstionwide presence
Cons
Typical of what all corporations have become ( slavery)
Good company to work for
Project Leader (Former Employee) –  Brisbane22 September 2015
Good work/life balance and bonus such as financial services discounts.

Co-workers were friendly.

I learned a lot about IT projects at Suncorp.
New challenge
Regional Support Officer Central Queensland (Former Employee) –  Hervey Bay & Surrounds16 September 2015
This role was a new challenge in my career. It was very rewarding . I visited regional Agencies and Branches to make sure all the correct Audit procedures were in place and being adhered to. It was very satisfying when they passed and you knew you had helped in this result being achieved.
Pros
Work in a close team
Cons
A lot of travelling
Positive and rewarding workplace
Branch Manager (Springwood) (Former Employee) –  Springwood16 September 2015
Fun place to work, with some great colleagues to learn from. Management was supportive of your career decisions and encouraged your to pursue your goals.
The most enjoyable part of the the role was delivering excellent customer service to your customers and making sure that all their financial needs were met. I enjoyed the new challenges that the role delivered and made sure that I engulfed change with enthusiasm.
Very supportive Team leader and colleagues
Credit Control Officer (Former Employee) –  Sydney CBD13 September 2015
Each day was a fun day with opportunity to learn new things. not even a glimpse of politics at work. I have gained lot of credit related knowledge and skilss woking here. Trust among colleages was the key to keep any employee happy at work.
Pros
Trust among team and leaders
Cons
Low pay rates
Great company to work
Escalation Manager for Natural Disaster Claims (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, QLD8 September 2015
Great company to work for and only left as they were in Australia and I have ,moved to Ireland, Great work life balance and great management.
Worked as a team and alone and there was always support along the way
great company to work for, fun work place
ASSISTANT CREDIT OFFICER - COMMERCIAL BANKING (Former Employee) –  SYDNEY, AUSTRALIA22 July 2015
overcoming a difficult customer, it a challenge but very rewarding. I learned how to deal with difficult situation in the professional manner.
The experience gained has given me strength and ability to work as an individual and as a team player. I have acquired exceptional practical and academic experiences, which have nurtured me to be proactive, highly self-motivated and with appreciation for success.
management is great and with experience professionals that go extra mile to support you.
Great Experience
Claims Consultant (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, VIC21 July 2015
While Suncorp is a wonderful employer and has an excellent culture, the salary was lacking for the work that was expected, this based on the comparisons done with simular companies, doing the same jobs.
However, the culture was ever evolving, support was excellent and opportunity to grow was astounding.
Pros
opportunity for personal growth, management was excellent, support was excellent
Cons
salary was low, breaks were small
Great co-workers, great staff, great management but poor culture
Training Officer (Former Employee) –  Jameson St Sydney1 July 2015
Facilitating and designing training, marking assessments
Great co-workers
Learned other areas of Insurance I had not been familiar with
My co-workers were excellent and supportive as was my direct management
Hardest part of job was dealing with the hard nosed corporate culture of Suncorp.
Corner-cutting and penny pinching which impacted the day to day working environment was ongoing and only getting worse.
Constant threat of yet another restructure was a permanent dark cloud.
Most enjoyable was delivering training in areas I was most familiar with to responsive and engaged staff and interacting with my great colleagues in my team.
Pros
Great team and management, great staff all around
Cons
Constant watering down of staff benefits, penny pinching, this impacted negatively on the day to day working environment.
Can be a great place to work.
Enterprise Solution Architect (Permanent) (Former Employee) –  Brisbane, Queensland15 June 2015
Suncorp is on a constant process of transformation. Sometimes the transformation can work for you, sometimes it won't.
There are some great opportunities in the business for career development, particularily in the Insurance business.
The banking business is on a multi-year journey to roll out a new Oracle based core banking system, which has a long list of challenges.
Pros
Work from home is encouraged with the 8 seats for 10 people policy.
Cons
You will sit at a different desk everyday.
A great Queensland company providing comprehensive training and job opportunities
Teleservice Customer Service Consultant (Former Employee) –  Milton - Brisbane CBD Queensland8 June 2015
During my time of employment I found Suncorp (then Suncorp Metway) to be a great company to work for. As a call centre consultant in the area of personal banking, a typical day consisted of the management of high call volumes to be managed within designated time frames and to provide customers with friendly one call resolution to their enquiries or issues.

I greatly enjoyed the challenges of the position and working as part of a great team which included a diverse range of people from different generations and cultures.
Pros
Great staff benefits and team atmosphere
Cons
Challenging issues that can ensue in the area of peoples personal finances
Best Employer
Claims Assistant (Former Employee) –  Toowoomba1 May 2015
Excellent working conditions, fantastic remuneration for a sometimes stressful job. Opportunities for overtime, public holiday's by choice. Well managed, well planned, continual training and leadership from Team Leaders.
Well set out office space, central to all facilities
Customer Consultant in Banking & Insurance (Former Employee) –  Brisbane CBD & Suburbs23 March 2015
It was a pleasure to work for them. They cared about their staff and sought to aid them to the best of their ability.

There was scope for transfer to areas of interest, and the work provided was interesting and challenging.
Pros
Work life balance is strongly encouraged
Excellent workplace with ongoing development opportunities.
Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, Australia19 March 2015
Great work atmosphere with focus on work-life balance.
High engagement between senior leadership team with employees. Fantastic culture and people.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Suncorp Group. Our community is ready to answer.